Addition by Subtraction - Who should replace Danny Crossman

WideNine

I am thinking we may be able to simply raid from the Jets or Miami staff.

There is a good chance that one or both coaching staffs will be blown up this offseason and they are sitting at #1 and #10 respectively.

The Jets have:

Brant Boyer and OBD should be sure to (or just) hire his assistant Jeff Hammerschmidt as he was hired in the 2016-2017 offseason as the Jets Special Teams were struggling and had been ranked 25th in 2017, 32nd in 2016, so quite a jump since they brought Jeff in from the college ranks.

The Phins have:

Marlan Maalouf: Would be less excited if they hired Marlan as he seems to be able to keep Miami from embarrassing themselves, but they do not excel as a unit either. This would be change for change sake IMO.

The Bills are currently ranked 27th.

It seems like the coaching staff has been switching up key positions on special teams all season, and using a lot of rookies and guys off the practice squad to do it.  From what I've seen most of our problems have been the result of the players. 

When a returner fumbles I don't blame the coach.

• Like (+1) 4

I can think of few choices that would be instant upgrades to Crossman:

1. The Hamburgler
  2. Sunffleupagus
  3. Wile E. Coyote
  4. Mac, from Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  5. Michael Scott with Dwight as the assistant (assistant to) the ST Coordinator

Any of these would be immediate upgrades.  

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I can think of few choices that would be instant upgrades to Crossman:

1. The Hamburgler
  2. Sunffleupagus
  3. Wile E. Coyote
  4. Mac, from Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  5. Michael Scott with Dwight as the assistant (assistant to) the ST Coordinator

Any of these would be immediate upgrades.  

As would that steaming pile my dog just left on the lawn.

31 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Appreciate the sentiment, my favorite special team's player of all time.

Alas, he is not a coach and likely unable to coach others to do all the things he could do.

Working on kicking technique is not really part of the job anyway. Moorman might be able scheme kick protections, blocks and coverage if he paid attention during his playing days. But maybe as an assistant.

You can put me on the side of the players are the issue. Young roster, not a lot of quality talent at backup spots.

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Joe DeCamillis is a good coach who probably gets let go when the Jaguars get blown up. Dave Toub would be cool, but not sure he leaves KC. Maybe bring back Bobby April

Bobby April was a good ST coach because they let him have every backup position player be a special teamer. I hated when he was here. Sure Roscoe had a few nice returns, but we so often had to IR starters because all of our backups were Bobby April guys and couldnt play defense. It kept us in 6-10 territory for years

• Like (+1) 1