Bills game not televised on Fox in SYR/Utica/Watertown/Bingo

Whites Bay

If u have directv just call in and tell em youre temporarily moving to rochester for a month and taking your dish n receiver with you.   Pick out any Roch ir Buff address from whitepages.com and have them change your installation address on your account to that address. Obviously you aren't going to move any equipment but they don't know that nor do they care. In a few minutes you will begin getting Rochester locals and can watch the game. I have done this on many occasions. When you call DirecTV you need to ask for the dish movers program. Make sure you tell them you already installed the dish on the house, you just need them to send a download to your receiver so that you can receive the Rochester locals.  

I got around blackouts forever using the same system.  

15 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

If u have directv just call in and tell em youre temporarily moving to rochester for a month and taking your dish n receiver with you.   Pick out any Roch ir Buff address from whitepages.com and have them change your installation address on your account to that address. Obviously you aren't going to move any equipment but they don't know that nor do they care. In a few minutes you will begin getting Rochester locals and can watch the game. I have done this on many occasions. When you call DirecTV you need to ask for the dish movers program. Make sure you tell them you already installed the dish on the house, you just need them to send a download to your receiver so that you can receive the Rochester locals.  

I got around blackouts forever using the same system.  

Very clever for those who want to go to all that trouble and feel confidant it will work on that given Sunday you need it. I give you major smart points for work arounds.

Personally I would just suck it up and go to the nearest bar that has Sun Ticket and watch it there.

Edited by cba fan

21 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Did they provide a reason why?  Why is Albany getting the Bills?  This makes no sense.

:mellow:

Albany is Bills territory.  Obviously Syracuse is not.  The local stations know that on a week like this one where there is no competition from the Giants & Jets on the network the Bills are on, they better show the Bills or their switchboard will be bombarded by Bills fans.  You just don't have that level of fandom in Syracuse, otherwise you'd have the game. 

It makes perfect sense that Albany gets the game to those who know Albany-you are not among the people who know anything about the fans in Albany. 

I’m glad you get the game but know something for certain: Syracuse, where I live, is total bills country. That’s why this is a ridiculous decision to not televised game here. It’s not even debatable that this is Bill’s country!!

• Like (+1) 4

The advantage we have with Fox televising the game over other NY State cities is that the owners of Albany's Fox station also televise the Bills preseason games.  I'm guessing the Bills preseason games aren't on the Fox station in Syracuse.  Even though the Jets have a bigger fan base than the Bills, only the Giants & Bills had their preseason games on TV in Albany.  Even with all their winning seasons and being a lot closer than Buffalo, NE is still a distant 4th in the market here, but they did con a radio station into carrying their games while the Bills haven't been on Albany radio in years.  At one time the Bills were carried on Albany's strongest radio station that you can get pretty far along the east coast.  As soon as we start winning again, Bills games will return to Albany radio.  The ranking of fans in Albany is: 1) NYG 2) NYJ 3)Bills 4) NE 5)Whichever team is in vogue to jump on their bandwagon.  The reason the Bills rank 3rd is even though we're influenced by NYC, because there is a combination of students & state employees who came here from WNY (and some of the students stayed) we'll always stay ahead of NE in the fanbase because there aren't a lot of New Englanders in Albany compared with WNY refugees.