Who is Rooting for Miami (sorta)?

billsfan_34

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

I am....”sorta” all over the board on this one. I’d like to lose out to draft high and pick up some future HOF players, but at the same time I want o see our young core look great heading to the finish line and build some confidence and momentum.

SO......MY plan is to wait and see what happens because there’s not a darn thing I can do to influence the outcome. It will come to be, and I will try to be at peace with it, even if the Patriots go to the SB. Think of it this way, it’s more chances for Brady to take a beating. How’s THAT for finding the silver lining? 

But he never seems to get roughed up anymore- however, that is a good way to look at it.

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

But he never seems to get roughed up anymore- however, that is a good way to look at it.

Just pretend he’s Allen, fair game at all times! Even if you take the 15 yards, it’s part of the game plan, and well worth the penalty. 

The difference is, if you gave Brady that treatment, you would be publicly executed as part of the halftime show.   ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I would like to see the fins lose to the vikings yet if I could have the scenario fall where the fins need their last game to get in, by god no better way to close out the season then to spoil their playoff chances.

of course, a loss to the vikings would make it even tougher, so maybe the vikings can pull their heads out of their ass and win?

I live in Miami and have a hard time rooting for the Dolphins, but if they can take the Pats down then I'm in. The NE Patriots are my most hated team in all of sports for all-time. I want nothing more than to see them plunge into the abyss. I want the Bills to do it first, but if it's Miami or the Jets, I'll live with it.

Edited by BillsRdue

7 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I hope Miami beats the Vikes, the Steelers beat the Pats then next weekend we throw the kitchen sink at the Pats and get a W. This scenario could set the stage for Miami to win the division and the Pats to not get a wild card. Yes, the stars have to align but wouldnt it be great?

I'm  rooting for them only so we can ruin their playoff hopes in week 17

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for Miami so much as against NE

Since the Bills have been largely irrelevant in terms of truly contenting, I always ask 1 question:

Is it bad for New England?

If the answer is yes then I'm for it.

Nothing the Bills could do this season would be as amazing as going into NE and giving then loss #6 if they lose this weekend.

Make NE play all 17 games and lose out on the bye

No rest and no easy path, although their path to the Super Bowl might actually be harder if they get the #1 seed since either KC or LA will like be the lowest seed remaining after wild card weekend instead of them getting the home Houston bye to the AFC title game

My semi realistic dream scenario:

NE plays Baltimore or Indy wild card weekend... If they get through it's LA then at KC as our last chance

On 12/14/2018 at 7:10 AM, billsfan_34 said:

I hope Miami beats the Vikes, the Steelers beat the Pats then next weekend we throw the kitchen sink at the Pats and get a W. This scenario could set the stage for Miami to win the division and the Pats to not get a wild card. Yes, the stars have to align but wouldnt it be great?

I hope for all that, but then for us to beat the Pats in a meaningful game for them and close out the season crushing the Dolphins, kicking them out of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Growing up, I hated Miami like no other team.

My loathing for the Pats has gone well beyond that.  It says a lot that I am now pulling hard for Miami to win out and take the division.  

And I don’t know why some give us no chance to win at Gillette.  If we had any offense at all in that first game, we win that one handily.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Success said:

Growing up, I hated Miami like no other team.

My loathing for the Pats has gone well beyond that.  It says a lot that I am now pulling hard for Miami to win out and take the division.  

And I don’t know why some give us no chance to win at Gillette.  If we had any offense at all in that first game, we win that one handily.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but have they ever beaten Brady (playing a full game) in that Stadium?