Who is Rooting for Miami (sorta)?

billsfan_34

37 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Unless Chargers win division, they will be a wild-card and play in NE.  Can't see NE losing the AFC East at this point. I'm just hoping they drop to 3rd seed and have to play WC game and away for Divisional round.

What if- Chargers win division and KC goes into NE and crushes them? Now that would be sweet!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

No way we win in NE.

I understand we're conditioned to get our ***** kicked by NE in NE, and I'm not particularly optimistic myself, but the Bills kept it a one-score game into the fourth quarter with a guy under center who was picked up the week before bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

What if- Chargers win division and KC goes into NE and crushes them? Now that would be sweet!!!

Lets remember KC lost to NE while they had both Watkins and Hunt.  But yes, I would love this...but the demise of the Pats in the AFC is still premature, especially once playoff time happens.  I think the Pats though will have a tough time beating either KC or Chargers.  

I know a lot of people want to pencil the Chiefs into the SB still, but I wouldn't count out the Chargers, Steelers, or Ravens either.  Chargers just beat the Chiefs once their defense settled down after a couple early turnovers put them in short fields.  Ravens would have beaten the Chiefs if not for fumbling the game away at the end.  

Defense is showing up late season right now all across the league.  Saints got shut down by Cowboys, Bears punched Rams right in the mouth, Ravens gave Chiefs all they could handle, Chargers came back and won getting the stops they needed late.  

The problem these high powered offenses have is that their own defenses are not very good.  So even an average offense can put a lot of points up.  So if their opponent has a stout D and slows them down, their average offense can be competitive on the score board.  And the Chargers are only team in AFC with both a top 10 D and top 10 offense.  

All in all, should be a fun playoff season as there are a lot of teams that can get there.  Rams, Bears, Cowboys, and Saints all have a legit shot.  Bears and Cowboys have a lot of momentum and confidence right now tool.  In the AFC, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Steelers, and Ravens all have a legit chance to get there (although Ravens some of those teams need to still lock their playoff spot like Ravens who are in now, but on a tie breaker).  I am looking forward to this post season, its gone from what looked like an easy pick of Chiefs vs Rams/Saints to anything can happen now.  

My updated prediction:  Chargers vs Cowboys (Formerly Chiefs vs Saints).  

WHY:  I think both teams are the most balanced right now on offense and defense and both have a high end run game as well.  Both have seen big additions come to the team with Bosa back after missing first 9 games for LAC and Cooper trade for Cowboys.  They will have a better shot to both slow those high octane offenses down more and also keep them off the field through a potent run game.  Plus, Chargers have a good passing attack too and Cowboys have been a different passing offense since adding Cooper and now can do damage there.  I think an all offense SB (couple high powered offenses, bad defenses ala Chiefs vs Rams a few weeks ago) would be fun to watch, but at least one of these high powered offenses are going to go down with some tough defenses coming into the playoffs.  

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

since Miami’s Bye Tannehill is 47/68 for 606 yards, 7 Tds to 1 INT and a 2-1 record, one of them over Tom Brady.

Tannehill's problem is that he is seen as a game manager type. That stat line above is pretty good. But my guess is Miami fans want those numbers over a two game span instead of three. 22.5 attempts 200ypg is not typically going to get it done over the long term. And 7tds to 1int is probably not sustainable in the long term for Tannehill. You can definitely do worse than Tannehill for a starter but at the same time I get why Miami fans feel like they are spinning their wheels with him. 

Allen only has 9 less passing yards than Tannehill over the same three game span. But he has 313 more rushing yards in that same span. That is the potential some people are after.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I hope Miami beats the Vikes, the Steelers beat the Pats then next weekend we throw the kitchen sink at the Pats and get a W. This scenario could set the stage for Miami to win the division and the Pats to not get a wild card. Yes, the stars have to align but wouldnt it be great?

do you have friends or in-laws who are bandwagon Pats fans?

so you can tell them pregame how the Bills are gonna destroy Brady?

and then you can watch it with them and gloat when the Bills cakewalk to the win?

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

do you have friends or in-laws who are bandwagon Pats fans?

so you can tell them pregame how the Bills are gonna destroy Brady?

and then you can watch it with them and gloat when the Bills cakewalk to the win?

I wish I did, but I dont. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

My worst nightmare is that the Chiefs and Chargers lose one and the Pats* win out. 

Uggghhh wouldnt that suck?

17 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The only thing I care about now is us getting as high a draft pick as possible.

I would say that is very rational.

I am....”sorta” all over the board on this one. I’d like to lose out to draft high and pick up some future HOF players, but at the same time I want o see our young core look great heading to the finish line and build some confidence and momentum.

SO......MY plan is to wait and see what happens because there’s not a darn thing I can do to influence the outcome. It will come to be, and I will try to be at peace with it, even if the Patriots go to the SB. Think of it this way, it’s more chances for Brady to take a beating. How’s THAT for finding the silver lining? 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lets remember KC lost to NE while they had both Watkins and Hunt.  But yes, I would love this...but the demise of the Pats in the AFC is still premature, especially once playoff time happens.  I think the Pats though will have a tough time beating either KC or Chargers.  

I know a lot of people want to pencil the Chiefs into the SB still, but I wouldn't count out the Chargers, Steelers, or Ravens either.  Chargers just beat the Chiefs once their defense settled down after a couple early turnovers put them in short fields.  Ravens would have beaten the Chiefs if not for fumbling the game away at the end.  

Defense is showing up late season right now all across the league.  Saints got shut down by Cowboys, Bears punched Rams right in the mouth, Ravens gave Chiefs all they could handle, Chargers came back and won getting the stops they needed late.  

The problem these high powered offenses have is that their own defenses are not very good.  So even an average offense can put a lot of points up.  So if their opponent has a stout D and slows them down, their average offense can be competitive on the score board.  And the Chargers are only team in AFC with both a top 10 D and top 10 offense.  

All in all, should be a fun playoff season as there are a lot of teams that can get there.  Rams, Bears, Cowboys, and Saints all have a legit shot.  Bears and Cowboys have a lot of momentum and confidence right now tool.  In the AFC, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Steelers, and Ravens all have a legit chance to get there (although Ravens some of those teams need to still lock their playoff spot like Ravens who are in now, but on a tie breaker).  I am looking forward to this post season, its gone from what looked like an easy pick of Chiefs vs Rams/Saints to anything can happen now.  

My updated prediction:  Chargers vs Cowboys (Formerly Chiefs vs Saints).  

WHY:  I think both teams are the most balanced right now on offense and defense and both have a high end run game as well.  Both have seen big additions come to the team with Bosa back after missing first 9 games for LAC and Cooper trade for Cowboys.  They will have a better shot to both slow those high octane offenses down more and also keep them off the field through a potent run game.  Plus, Chargers have a good passing attack too and Cowboys have been a different passing offense since adding Cooper and now can do damage there.  I think an all offense SB (couple high powered offenses, bad defenses ala Chiefs vs Rams a few weeks ago) would be fun to watch, but at least one of these high powered offenses are going to go down with some tough defenses coming into the playoffs.  

There definitely has been a defensive shift as of late. That may spell doom for OC down the stretch hut also NE as well. I have a feeling the Chargers may be the team to beat. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I want to see Allen get revenge on the Dolphins week 17. I'm hoping it will be a meaningful game for the Dolphins still too. Don't care if the Patriots make the playoffs because we beat the Dolphins in the finale. 

I have a weird feeling Josh is going to play very well these last 3 games....