What's your Mount Rushmore of SNL?

This is a very interesting and tough topic and I look forward to seeing other responses, but i will go with these 4, but it was hard keeping a lot of people off the list

Gilda

Belushi

Hammond

Molly Shannon

Edited by The Poojer

How about four that were largely ignored at SNL, then became huge stars:

Robert Downey, Jr

Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Ben Stiller

Chris Rock

(Sarah Silverman as a bonus fifth member)

Btw, I don't think many of you have watched SNL in decades. All good answers above, but Keenan Thompson has been on for 16 years and carries the show most weeks with his stellar array of impersonations and recurring characters. He deserves to be in the top 4 all-time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

How about four that were largely ignored at SNL, then became huge stars:

Robert Downey, Jr

Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Ben Stiller

Chris Rock

(Sarah Silverman as a bonus fifth member)

Btw, I don't think many of you have watched SNL in decades. All good answers above, but Keenan Thompson has been on for 16 years and carries the show most weeks with his stellar array of impersonations and recurring characters. He deserves to be in the top 4 all-time.

Damn...16 years!  I knew it was long but not that long.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hader is a good one....I actually might put him above Mike Myers for me.

Hader was incredible for his range and hasn’t played himself out, st least as far as I have noticed, my interest in pop culture has lessened over time....

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I can't believe I'm the only Dana Carvey fan in this thread. That dude was funny

He did the same thing over and over again for decades, not to say it isn’t hilarious still

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hader is a good one....I actually might put him above Mike Myers for me.

Ran into Mike 20 years ago out and about in Toronto, restfully said hi and enjoyed his work and he scurried away in actual terror like he was an escaped convict. That was sucky, read that week he was in legal combat with his agent and advisors..... :(