You’re GM of Giants...Do you take Barkley still in a redraft or Allen/Other QB?

Alphadawg7

Redraft Poll:  

183 members have voted

1. 1. If you’re Giants, who do you take #2 overall in a redraft?

• Still Barkley
    • Josh Allen
    • Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Other (reply with who below)

6 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

There is no QB in 2019 that is the equal of the top 4 QB drafted in 2018.  There isn't one that should even be drafted in the first round though I'm sure a few will be overvalued. 

I’ll leave that up to the professionals to decide.  

I know Eli's best days are long gone at this point but Barkley is easily the ROTY and has been almost the entire offense for the Giants this season. Kid is electrifying. Still, I can see the questioning of going with an RB at #2 overall but he's the kind of player you take at #2, he's a game changer.

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think it’s too high personally.

Hunt, Kamara, David Johnson, Leveon Bell. Just a few guys to name that were taken in the 2nd round or later and are close or at equal talent as Barkley. 

There are also tons of other good RBs that you can get late rounds or even undrafted. Like Lindsay or Breida. Not too say those guys are Barkley good, but my point is you can find good RBs in the late rounds, and very good RBS in the 2nd-3rd round range

I get what you are saying, but isn’t that true for all positions?  I mean looking around the league there are so many of the Elite players, some the best to ever play that all come from rounds 2 and on.

Just stating with QBs, take the consensus top 4 QBs the last handful of years, only one was even taken first round and it was bottom of the first (Rodgers).  They are Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Brees.  

I get why why people say that about RB, but it’s really true for all positions.  I do get that RB is an easier position to find a productive player at, but it’s more to do with the fact that a decent RB can be great in the right situation too.  It comes down to OL, system, and how they are used.  However, rare and special talents can succeed just about anywhere like Barry Sanders did for so long behind what was never a good OL.  Can you imagine what Sanders would have done had he played on Emmits Cowboy teams or behind the current Cowboys OL the last few years?

For example, look at what would happen if Buffalo had either Barkley or Lindsey this year.   I would bet that Barkley would significantly out produce and be better here than if we had Lindsey.  

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get what you are saying, but isn’t that true for all positions?  I mean looking around the league there are so many of the Elite players, some the best to ever play that all come from rounds 2 and on.

Just stating with QBs, take the consensus top 4 QBs the last handful of years, only one was even taken first round and it was bottom of the first (Rodgers).  They are Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Brees.  

I get why why people say that about RB, but it’s really true for all positions.  I do get that RB is an easier position to find a productive player at, but it’s more to do with the fact that a decent RB can be great in the right situation too.  It comes down to OL, system, and how they are used.  However, rare and special talents can succeed just about anywhere like Barry Sanders did for so long behind what was never a good OL.  Can you imagine what Sanders would have done had he played on Emmits Cowboy teams or behind the current Cowboys OL the last few years?

For example, look at what would happen if Buffalo had either Barkley or Lindsey this year.   I would bet that Barkley would significantly out produce and be better here than if we had Lindsey.  

Fair points. I’m just saying if you have a chance at a franchise QB like the Giants did, I don’t think you should pass on it.

As we know as Bills fans, we have seen some good if not great running backs the last 10 years on this franchise. But it really doesn’t matter if you don’t have that franchise QB.

Also if you’re drafting at 2, I can almost guarantee you have way more needs than a RB. You most likely have QB issues, o line issues, and defensive issues to start. 

Now if a very good team like NE or KC was picking at 2 via a trade and they ended up getting that high pick, then that’s a different story.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Fair points. I’m just saying if you have a chance at a franchise QB like the Giants did, I don’t think you should pass on it.

As we know as Bills fans, we have seen some good if not great running backs the last 10 years on this franchise. But it really doesn’t matter if you don’t have that franchise QB.

Also if you’re drafting at 2, I can almost guarantee you have way more needs than a RB. You most likely have QB issues, o line issues, and defensive issues to start. 

Now if a very good team like NE or KC was picking at 2 via a trade and they ended up getting that high pick, then that’s a different story.

Agreed, and mentioned all the same things myself earlier in this thread too.  And it’s why I personally voted Allen

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll leave that up to the professionals to decide.  

The ones that are wrong 50% of the time. Sure thing. 

Justin Herbert is the consensus best at this point. He hasn't even had one signature win. Puts up lots of stats against lower tier teams. No big wins.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think I'm in the current mind set that you don't take a RB that high...especially when there's a good crop of QB prospects like last year.

I expect them to make a strong move for Flacco in the offseason....along with the Jags.

Actually I think they are going to go after Carr.  Flacco could be in play if they don’t land Carr, but I don’t know he’s much of an upgrade over Eli.

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

140 votes in:

Lamar Jackson - 1

Josh Rosen - Still Zero

LMAO - So much for the “WRONG JOSH” crowd sticking by their proclamations, even Lamar has a vote lol.  

I'd still take Rosen personally. But in this exercise I am the GM of the Giants. I do not think Rosen has the temperament or filter to be in or near NYC.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Even with his regression...Carr will still command at least one first round pick?

Yeah, I think they would offer their first rounder this year which will likely be out of the top 10 and not one they can use to get their desired QB without a costly trade up.  Raiders however will likely pick top 3 and take their successor to Carr there and use the Giants pick with their other firsts to jump start the rebuild.

26 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'd still take Rosen personally. But in this exercise I am the GM of the Giants. I do not think Rosen has the temperament or filter to be in or near NYC.

Fair enough...still shocks me Lamar has 1 vote and none for Rosen with around 80 votes casted for one of the QB's given how many people here were so vocal about Rosen and the "wrong Josh" stances.  

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fair enough...still shocks me Lamar has 1 vote and none for Rosen with around 80 votes casted for one of the QB's given how many people here were so vocal about Rosen and the "wrong Josh" stances.  

True. I can only speak for myself. I went with Darnold for the poll.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

It was a horrible pick. Like I said, he is probably good enough to cause them to win enough games to be in QB purgatory for the next decade. Never pass on a QB.

Right?

How many years we were in QB purgatory because CJ Spiller had a great game and got us the 3rd pick instead of the 1st?

Barkley is an elite talent. Tough to pass on, should have taken Darnold or Allen