I want no part of Tyrell Williams

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

They hold an NFL draft in the spring. According to my sources the Bills will have multiple chances to draft WRs.

That’s the alternative. Giving out a significant contract to a scrub player just for the sake of saying “HEY we tried” is a horrible idea. 

The draft has some depth at WR, FA not so much. 

You can do both you know.....draft at WR AND bring in a free agent

it has been done before

I would like to get DK Metcalf in the draft. I hope we concentrate on getting o-linemen in free agency. We'll have to overpay, because they are a hot commodity and teams like Jets and Jags have lots of cap space and need as well. I think a fella like Tate would be available at a reasonable price and be the right kind of reliable veteran to add to the mix.

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I dig the William's meme, but it does not seem to have occurred to anyone yet that Williamses have been the biggest stars of our terrible team for a long time.  

That's a good point. We should grab Tyrell. The real questions we should be asking are 1. what are the best Williams' we can acquire in FA and 2. what Williams' are there to target in the draft. We kind of have our hands tied there. BPA and positions of need simply might not be an option. Greedy Williams should be our target in the 1st round.

We're low on Williamses and that deficiency needs to be priority #1 this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

I will definately defer to ppl who have watched him play more

and I dont want to be paying number 1 money to someone who is not a number 1....that is the kind of thing that has gotten us where we are at now.

Just show me the alternatives....I personally have always liked Golden Tate......we should draft a WR high....we have found a couple of guys this year that can play on the team but need that one guy who will take pressure off of them.

I dont JUST want to depend on a rookie

16 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That's a good point. We should grab Tyrell. The real questions we should be asking are 1. what are the best Williams' we can acquire in FA and 2. what Williams' are there to target in the draft. We kind of have our hands tied there. BPA and positions of need simply might not be an option. Greedy Williams should be our target in the 1st round.

We're low on Williamses and that deficiency needs to be priority #1 this offseason.

You missed my point. NO MORE WILLIAMSES!

While some of them (Kyle, Marrio, Aaron) are/were good players, the Bills have sucked with them.

Tounge in cheek....what evs.

4 hours ago, CommonCents said:

They hold an NFL draft in the spring. According to my sources the Bills will have multiple chances to draft WRs.

That’s the alternative. Giving out a significant contract to a scrub player just for the sake of saying “HEY we tried” is a horrible idea. 

The draft has some depth at WR, FA not so much. 

Nice, Austin Proehl and Ray Ray part two.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am not a fan either. I hadn't realised until speaking to our Jets correspondent on here the other day that Robby Anderson is a RFA. He is now head and shoulders my #1 choice at receiver. If the Jets try and whack the low tender on him I'd make my move. Ironically my 2nd choice remains Onunwa but his constant injuries do worry me.

I like Enunwa as a player too, from the old eye test. But I think they're going to keep him, it sounds like he's a big part of their leadership. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Anderson is the best of the bunch when his head is screwed on straight. Tate’s best football is behind him.

I would actually love Tate on a 1-3 year deal.  Exactly the type of receiver who is going to find an open spot after Allen does his scrambling out of the pocket.  I think it would be a good fit.

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Then why does your thread title say "I want no part of Tyrell Williams?"

Because I really don't. I don't think he's a #1 or 2, and I think we have a couple of depth WR's in Zay and Foster and can probably find one or two more like that at cheaper prices. I think Tyrell's going to get overpaid. 

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I would actually love Tate on a 1-3 year deal.  Exactly the type of receiver who is going to find an open spot after Allen does his scrambling out of the pocket.  I think it would be a good fit.

I like Tate too, and I'm usually opposed to bringing older players (or Notre Dame guys) in. But I think he still has something left and I like his game. You're right about him being a good fit for Allen too. Hes an instinctive player that could definitely help Allen when he's on the run. 

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Would not be opposed to Sanu either.......

Sanu's OK. I'd rather have Tate and another guy by trade or a high draft pick. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

3 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

You missed my point. NO MORE WILLIAMSES!

While some of them (Kyle, Marrio, Aaron) are/were good players, the Bills have sucked with them.

Tounge in cheek....what evs.

Lol I understand your concern but maybe.. just maybe we just didn't have enough to clear the hurdle! We were pretty close with all the Williamsons on deck in 2014. Maybe we were just one or 2 short.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I remember a thread about Julio Jones and the consensus was against it because he's 30, yada, yada, yada.

You're not getting Jerry Rice in his prime. We're not getting perfection. All UPGRADES should be explored.

The Eagles were terrible at receiver Wentz's first year so they acquired a bunch of guys to see who would stick. That's the approach we need to take.

Edited by LSHMEAB

On 12/14/2018 at 10:27 AM, 947 said:

Travis Benjamin is fool's gold. He's nothing more than a WR4, and those can be found anywhere.

Julio Jones would be great.  But Beane has been frugal with salary cap.  And a player like Benjamin provides a veteran who makes tough, clutch catches.  And whom blows away our #3, and will not break the bank.  Veteran, clutch, cheap- sign me up