I want no part of Tyrell Williams

I've seen people clamor for him this upcoming offseason...possibly an overreaction since I admittedly don't watch the Chargers much...but he reminded me too much of KB. I know he had a highlight reel catch, but also had some bad drops, doesn't really fight for the ball, fumbled it...we need a way better player than this guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

He's an improvement no doubt. 10x the player than KB was.

But I agree I'm not going to bank on him as no 1. He's just good depth teams like the.. CHARGERS.. have in their arsenal.

While he may make us better we're in trouble if he's our best. Which is why he's not the best where he is.

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

But I agree I'm not going to bank on him as no 1. He's just good depth teams like the.. CHARGERS.. have in their arsenal.

While he may make us better we're in trouble if he's our best. Which is why he's not the best where he is.

I get that part. That's kind of what I mean, I don't want us to break the bank on him. If someone overpays for that guy, I don't want it to be us. 

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I get that part. That's kind of what I mean, I don't want us to break the bank on him. If someone overpays for that guy, I don't want it to be us. 

Oh I'm not worried about overpaying. I just want a better guy next  to him too. I'm worried about criminally being below salary cap because we have so much and could be paying among the least in the league. I'M all for the Rams style of 1 year prove it deals with guys that have everything to play for. Hell if we can't fill up our cap I'll sign Bell for a 1-2 year 20-30 mil per year deal just to maximize our cap without messing up future re-signs just to pay the most we can pay.

He looked slow to me. I wasn't impressed. In all fairness, the guy I like, Conley, had two catches for 19 yards. I do think Conley would be better with more targets and plays designed for him, so I still prefer him. But neither were impressive tonight.

Mitch Morse was and that is the guy to get at center in my opinion. 

Yea I am not a fan either. I hadn't realised until speaking to our Jets correspondent on here the other day that Robby Anderson is a RFA. He is now head and shoulders my #1 choice at receiver. If the Jets try and whack the low tender on him I'd make my move. Ironically my 2nd choice remains Onunwa but his constant injuries do worry me.

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Oh I'm not worried about overpaying. I just want a better guy next  to him too. I'm worried about criminally being below salary cap because we have so much and could be paying among the least in the league. I'M all for the Rams style of 1 year prove it deals with guys that have everything to play for. Hell if we can't fill up our cap I'll sign Bell for a 1-2 year 20-30 mil per year deal just to maximize our cap without messing up future re-signs just to pay the most we can pay.

Why spend so much? I like Bell but not for 20. TJ Yeldon and Tevin Coleman at 4.45M AAV for 9M. Go OL and get Jadeveon Clowney if you can. If Bills stay put and truly do draft BPA a guy like Ed Oliver could be there. Then all a sudden the Bills could have Clowney, Lotulelei, Oliver, Hughes on that DL.

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Why spend so much? I like Bell but not for 20. TJ Yeldon and Tevin Coleman at 4.45M AAV for 9M. Go OL and get Jadeveon Clowney if you can. If Bills stay put and truly do draft BPA a guy like Ed Oliver could be there. Then all a sudden the Bills could have Clowney, Lotulelei, Oliver, Hughes on that DL.

How is Clowney going to be available? 

Texans are young and also on a rookie QB contract why would they let Clowney go? 

7 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He was really good a couple years ago when Keenan Allen was out.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Just show me your alternative

They hold an NFL draft in the spring. According to my sources the Bills will have multiple chances to draft WRs.

That’s the alternative. Giving out a significant contract to a scrub player just for the sake of saying “HEY we tried” is a horrible idea. 

The draft has some depth at WR, FA not so much. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think anyone who is "clamoring" for him views him as a guy who is going to come in and be the #1.  But I do think if you combine him with Foster / Zay / McKenzie / McCloud we could have an interesting group, albeit one that lacks a true #1.

It did seem the weather took a lot of the vertical element out of the Chargers pass game last night, which is typically one of Williams' strongest aspects.  But he's certainly not a KB type player.