TNF Game Thread: Chargers (10-3) vs. Chiefs (11-2) at 8:20 PM ET on FOX, NFL Network, & Amazon Prime Video

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins Tonight?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 01:20 AM

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was worried about taking a guy at 10 that had mechanics concerns.  And with watson, I liked him but also was worried about his turnovers and he would be a good decision maker in the NFL.  

Admitedly my main preference was to trade down and go defense because we just finished a season where in the 15 games TT started (he sat final week) we were 3rd in NFL for most TDs and tied for fifth in scoring.  Meanwhile outside the fluke NE shutout with no Brady and Gronk, our D was ranked 28th and giving up over 26 points per game.  

I knew TT wasn’t the long term answer but I also knew the next years QB crop was supposed to be deep too.  I would have been fine drafting a QB in 2017, just felt the D was in way worse shape at that time.

But this is why I thought Mahomes was different than Allen

1). Reid.  He chokes in the playoffs but he is one of the best offensive coaches of the last 20 years.  If we had Reid pick Allen, I’d blindly trust it.  I don’t have the same faith in SM and Daboll.  Sorry.

2). College production.  It definitely doesn’t mean nfl success but if you’re a first round qb, I want to see you dominant.  Mahomes did and Allen rarely did. 

3) Mahomes elite skills, which Allen as has. 

4) sitting behind a vet.  I was never a big Tyrod fan but he would have been a great guy for a young qb to sit behind to start their career.

we disagree about this a bit but I always appreciate the perspective and I genuinely hope White and Allen turns out to be a good trade for us. 

I'm just watching this game for free agency. 

I think Mitch Morse has looked pretty good so far. Looks to be the only guy on KC sustaining his blocks. 

Tyrell Williams and Chris Conley haven't been impressive. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

4 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

That is how they want to build the team, I don’t agree with it, but different schools of thought I guess.

And that’s why I think Allen is a part of how you evaluate the trade.  If Allen becomes at worst a solid starting nfl qb, the trade can be acceptable.  If he has a JP Losman career, it’s a complete disaster no matter how good Tre White is (and he is borderline great).  

And you can say hindsight but isn’t that the whole job of a nfl gm?

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Hell, I would have settled for going with Flutie over Rob Johnson. 

As an aside, I still have an unopened box of Flutie flakes! 

As do I! And I got grounded for sneaking to the pantry to try to eat them because I loved Flutie and I loved frosted flakes.

The night my parents caught me trying to eat a cerimonial box of cereal, berating me over my 11 year old life decisions, and putting the Flutie flakes where I couldn't reach em.. that was the day I learned what it really meant to be a Bills fan boys. I'm opening up my soul here.

And I still have those f***ing Flutie flakes. And I'll eat those f****ers when we make a SB to end the curse. And I'll probably have food poisoning during a bills SB.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And that’s why I think Allen is a part of how you evaluate the trade.  If Allen becomes at worst a solid starting nfl qb, the trade can be acceptable.  If he has a JP Losman career, it’s a complete disaster no matter how good Tre White is (and he is borderline great).  

And you can say hindsight but isn’t that the whole job of a nfl gm?

I totally agree.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

As do I! And I got grounded for sneaking to the pantry to try to eat then because I loved Flutie and I loved frosted flakes.

The night my parents caught me trying to eat a cerimonial box of cereal, berating me over my 11 year old life decisions, and putting the Flutie flakes where I couldn't reach em.. that was the day I learned what it really meant to be a Bills fan boys. I'm opening up my soul here.

And I still have those f***ing Flutie flakes. And I'll eat those f****ers when we make a SB to end the curse. And I'll probably have food poisoning during a bills SB.

I don't know about eating those things - can you imagine what might be growing among the flakes after all these years!

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't know about eating those things - can you imagine what might be growing among the flakes after all these years!

I do whatever it takes to superstitiously give the Bills a win. Everybody should eat their box of Flutie flakes when we make a run at the playoffs. And endure the pain. The symbolism is just so poetic. The Flutie benching.. the drought. Those f***ers need to be eaten to rid ourselves of that past chapter.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I do whatever it takes to superstitiously give the Bills a win. Everybody should eat their box of Flutie flakes when we make a run at the playoffs. And endure the pain. The symbolism is just so poetic. The Flutie benching.. the drought. Those f***ers need to be eaten to rid ourselves of that past chapter.

Okay you convinced me.  When the Bills make the Super Bowl I'm breaking out the Flutie Flakes! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Anyone else find it interesting that the Chargers can't protect, yet will not let Forrest Lamp play? I mean he was a high second round pick who was projected to be very good. Unless he hasn't fully recovered. 

I was just thinking that he must be really terrible in practice. Otherwise I don’t get it.