TNF Game Thread: Chargers (10-3) vs. Chiefs (11-2) at 8:20 PM ET on FOX, NFL Network, & Amazon Prime Video

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins Tonight?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 01:20 AM

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on man.  You’re better than that.  SB rings?  So Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers? Marino and Kelly were worse players than Joe Flacco and Trent dilfer?  Or they played on good teams?

its really hard to win the SB.  Fluke things happen, like your star rb kicking a girl. Mahomes is looking like an MVP on an 11-2 team.  

But come on with judging guys on just SB wins.  Blake Birtles almost went to the SB last year.  I’m tough on Allen but he could have a very good career without winning a SB.

Are you making a player ranking sheet or trying to fill a trophy case?  If Allen has a similar career to Eli and wins 2 SB trophies, I would take that over Dan Marino 1000000 times over.  Dan was the better QB, but I will take those rings any day of the week.  Eli won them despite not being great, but the combo of him making some plays and having a stout D got them two titles.  I want titles, that’s how I will weigh this trade when it’s all over.

I play fantasy football for stats, I watch a team as a fan because I want to win the SB.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I still don’t get why you think it’s weird. The Bills traded the pick to KC that was used to select Mahomes, rather than take a QB that the franchise desperately needed. This will be a thing with Bills fans for a long long time and the reason is rather obvious. It’s not any different than what you describe with Jackson and Rosen. The Bills chose to trade rather than draft Mahomes. Allen is obviously a part of it because he plays QB. 

To be clear:

*  I think the obsession with Mahommes by some Bills fans is weird because there's nothing that can be done to change what happened.  It's water under the damn bridge.  If NFL front offices knew that Mahommes would have the year he's having now he would have been the #1 pick in the 2017 draft.  That he wasn't is simply a testimony to how smart Reid is when it comes to QB's. 

*  But NONE of this has anything to do with Allen.  The Bills did not pick Allen over Mahommes they picked Allen over Jackson & Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I definitely got the air raid concerns but he had special physical skills that past Tech qbs didn’t have.  I was a bit worried about Watson’s arm but those Bama games sold me. 

Oh for sure I didn't buy the air raid tech offense crap at all. I was pretty ambivalent as I am want to do about drafting Quarterbacks. But he wasn't Graham Harrell playing for Mike Leach.. obviously. 1st round draft grade. Doesn't matter if you played for tech or USC it's judging an individual by ancient history. What about all those crappy Quarterbacks that came out out of Brett Favre's southern Mississippi before Brett Favre went to southern Mississippi. Really makes ya think.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Are you making a player ranking sheet or trying to fill a trophy case?  If Allen has a similar career to Eli and wins 2 SB trophies, I would take that over Dan Marino 1000000 times over.  Dan was the better QB, but I will take those rings any day of the week.  Eli won them despite not being great, but the combo of him making some plays and having a stout D for them two titles.  I want titles, that’s how I will weigh this trade when it’s all over.

I play fantasy football for stats, I watch a team as a fan because I want to win the SB.

Come on Alpha.  This is complete hindsight.  The Giants were a 9-7 SB team who was carried by their defense.  Rodgers had playoff games where he scored 45 and lost!  How in the world can he be blamed and knocked for that!

youre better than Alpha.  I promise if Allen loses a playoff game where he leads us to 45 points, I will anoint him as a god.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

To be clear:

*  I think the obsession with Mahommes by some Bills fans is weird because there's nothing that can be done to change what happened.  It's water under the damn bridge.  If NFL front offices knew that Mahommes would have the year he's having now he would have been the #1 pick in the 2017 draft.  That he wasn't is simply a testimony to how smart Reid is when it comes to QB's. 

*  But NONE of this has anything to do with Allen.  The Bills did not pick Allen over Mahommes they picked Allen over Jackson & Rosen. 

Fans will always obsess over their team’s draft mistakes. What the Bills did was take a big gamble on draft position, and what it would cost to achieve the position required to draft a QB the following year. It’s a classic example of the old “ a bird in hand “ axiom. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To be clear:

They picked Tre white and a 1st over a second year record setting qb.  Is that better?

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I definitely got the air raid concerns but he had special physical skills that past Tech qbs didn’t have.  I was a bit worried about Watson’s arm but those Bama games sold me. 

I was worried about taking a guy at 10 that had mechanics concerns.  And with watson, I liked him but also was worried about his turnovers and if he would be a good decision maker in the NFL.  

Admitedly my main preference was to trade down and go defense because we just finished a season where in the 15 games TT started (he sat final week) we were 3rd in NFL for most TDs and tied for fifth in scoring.  Meanwhile outside the fluke NE shutout with no Brady and Gronk, our D was ranked 28th and giving up over 26 points per game.  

I knew TT wasn’t the long term answer but I also knew the next years QB crop was supposed to be deep too.  I would have been fine drafting a QB in 2017, just felt the D was in way worse shape at that time.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Fans will always obsess over their team’s draft mistakes. What the Bills did was take a big gamble on draft position, and what it would cost to achieve the position required to draft a QB the following year. It’s a classic example of the old “ a bird in hand “ axiom. 

Exactly.  When you’re 4-9, you made some mistakes.  

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The thing is McDermott and Reid are pretty close I think.  If Reid was trading up, maybe McDermott should have just said no thanks because Andy must really like this qb.

Now that's fair.  It's hindsight but at the very least maybe McD could have squeezed Reid for another draft pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on Alpha.  This is complete hindsight.  The Giants were a 9-7 SB team who was carried by their defense.  Rodgers had playoff games where he scored 45 and lost!  How in the world can he be blamed and knocked for that!

youre better than Alpha.  I promise if Allen loses a playoff game where he leads us to 45 points, I will anoint him as a god.

Eli did come up clutch. But I'll always give the regular season Quarterbacks the benefit of the doubt. It takes a lot of right things going for a team to win it all. Need to be good at all facets of the ball all year. Exponentially better at a handful of those facets come playoffs.. and a ton of luck to win the SB. And no Quarterback not named Tom Brady can win without that alchemy.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Terrible INT by Rivers!

He needs Melvin. CALLED IT!

That's 2 crappy ints

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks