TNF Game Thread: Chargers (10-3) vs. Chiefs (11-2) at 8:20 PM ET on FOX, NFL Network, & Amazon Prime Video

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins Tonight?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 01:20 AM

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Of course it does.  The trade was Mahomes for Tre White and Josh Allen.  Would anyone besides Bills fans think that was a good trade?  Allen needs to be a franchise level qb at worst for it not to be an awful trade.  And that’s with White being an awesome cb. 

Wrong gauge, the only thing that matters is SB rings. Allen doesn’t have to be Elite to win the SB.  It’s not Allen vs Mahomes, it’s what can Allen and Tre accomplish here regardless of what Mahomes does.  And right now, Mahomes is the better QB, but we didn’t get to see Mahomes play on a terrible offense as a rookie.  We won’t how they will compare once Allen has a full year under his belt, better OL, better weapons, a full offseason as the unquestioned starter, etc.

I dont care about stats, I care about championships.  And we have a good enough defense to contend already, add some pieces to the offense around Allen and we may be sitting at 11-2 this time next year too.  I mean Allen, on a garbage offense in terms of talent around him SHOULD be 6-2 as a starter had it not been for Clay and Special teams costing us 2 wins.

Edited by Alphadawg7

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, I love someone to find that draft thread.  I loved both Watson and Mahomes and want as big of a fan of Mitchell.  

I agree there here were some of the questions with mechanics like Allen.  But he had the production and elite skills.  Allen has the skills but was far from dominant, which a top guy at Wyoming should be. 

But long way way to go.  Feel free to bump this when Allen is having a MVP season next year. ?

I wasn’t accusing you of hating on Mahomes up to draft, just saying in general he was the least desired QB that year and only a few liked the idea of us drafting him at 10.  

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's silly. Allen was trending toward being the number 1 pick in the draft then. There's no way the Bills could have been confident they could get him. 

Are you saying that Allen was trending to be the #1 pick in 2018 in 2017?  I watched a couple of games of his while at Wyoming and while the talk was about his great potential I don't remember anyone saying that he was in the running as the top pick.

I could be wrong but Allen flew up the draft chart after he started working out for teams and they saw first hand his elite arm talent and how after just a little work with Jordan Palmer had significantly improved his footwork.  Mahommes had completed his first year in the NFL at the time that anyone started to seriously suggest that Allen might be the top pick.  As it was two QB's went ahead of Allen.   

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wrong, the only thing that matters is SB rings. Allen doesn’t have to be Elite to win the SB.  It’s not Allen vs Mahomes, it’s what can Allen and Tre accomplish here regardless of what Mahomes does.  And right now, Mahomes is the better QB, but we didn’t get to see Mahomes play on a terrible

offense as a rookie.  We don’t how they will compare once Allen has a full year under his belt, better OL, better weapons, a full offseason as the unquestioned starter, etc.

I dont care about stats, I care about championships.  And we have a good enough defense to contend already, add some pieces to the offense around Allen and we may be sitting at 11-2 this time next year too.  I mean Allen, on a garbage offense in terms of talent around him SHOULD be 6-2 as a starter had it not been for Clay and Special teams costing us 2 wins.

Come on man.  You’re better than that.  SB rings?  So Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers? Marino and Kelly were worse players than Joe Flacco and Trent dilfer?  Or they played on good teams?

its really hard to win the SB.  Fluke things happen, like your star rb kicking a girl. Mahomes is looking like an MVP on an 11-2 team.  

But come on with judging guys on just SB wins.  Blake Birtles almost went to the SB last year.  I’m tough on Allen but he could have a very good career without winning a SB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Exactly right.  Sure blame the Bills management for this, though it doesn't change a thing, because no matter how much we wish Mahomes played for the Bills, he never will.  More importantly, Allen is not part of this discussion.  The Bills did not choose Allen over Mahommes.  They choose Allen over Rosen & Jackson and if either of these two start playing like Mahommes then Bills fans can B word & moan.  Right now it just strikes me as a weird obsession. 

I still don’t get why you think it’s weird. The Bills traded the pick to KC that was used to select Mahomes, rather than take a QB that the franchise desperately needed. This will be a thing with Bills fans for a long long time and the reason is rather obvious. It’s not any different than what you describe with Jackson and Rosen. The Bills chose to trade rather than draft Mahomes. Allen is obviously a part of it because he plays QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you saying that Allen was trending to be the #1 pick in 2018 in 2017?  I watched a couple of games of his while at Wyoming and while the talk was about his great potential I don't remember anyone saying that he was in the running as the top pick.

I could be wrong but Allen flew up the draft chart after he started working out for teams and they saw first hand his elite arm talent and how after just a little work with Jordan Palmer had significantly improved his footwork.  Mahommes had completed his first year in the NFL at the time that anyone started to seriously suggest that Allen might be the top pick.  As it was two QB's went ahead of Allen.   

After the season he had in 16-17. Yes. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The correct answer would be he’d have gone #1.

Well yes he would have and no teams would have traded out, but your situation is fantasy, the plain fact is at 

the time of the draft KC wanted a player, found a trade partner and spent quite a bit of draft capital. 

You think they did that on whim? 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I still don’t get why you think it’s weird. The Bills traded the pick to KC that was used to select Mahomes, rather than take a QB that the franchise desperately needed. This will be a thing with Bills fans for a long long time and the reason is rather obvious. It’s not any different than what you describe with Jackson and Rosen. The Bills chose to trade rather than draft Mahomes. Allen is obviously a part of it because he plays QB. 

The thing is McDermott and Reid are pretty close I think.  If Reid was trading up, maybe McDermott should have just said no thanks because Andy must really like this qb.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You are aware that when the Bills passed on Mahomes they probably hadn't even heard of Allen?  Ditto for Watson. 

I find this whole "oh I wish we drafted Mahomes" to be weird.  I'm sure several other teams wish they'd take him to. 

I for one wish we drafted Aaron Rodgers!

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wasn’t accusing you of hating on Mahomes up to draft, just saying in general he was the least desired QB that year and only a few liked the idea of us drafting him at 10.  

I definitely got the air raid concerns but he had special physical skills that past Tech qbs didn’t have.  I was a bit worried about Watson’s arm but those Bama games sold me.