TNF Game Thread: Chargers (10-3) vs. Chiefs (11-2) at 8:20 PM ET on FOX, NFL Network, & Amazon Prime Video

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins Tonight?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Tonight?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2018 at 01:20 AM

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No one, Andy Reid included, knew THIS was going to be the outcome. And if you insist they did, you're a fool.

That wasn't the point EDO.  Pay attention if you are capable of doing that.  Never mind. Just read his quote below since your comprehesnion is low per the norm. 

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You are aware that when the Bills passed on Mahomes they probably hadn't even heard of Allen?  Ditto for Watson. 

I find this whole "oh I wish we drafted Mahomes" to be weird.  I'm sure several other teams wish they'd take him to. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Right.  One of the best qb coaches in modern nfl history, who had a very solid veteran qb for an annual playoff team, and traded a bunch of picks to take Mahomes instead of getting a player to help his current team, didn’t know he was a great prospect!

:rolleyes:

OK, buddy. You have a good night.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why would it put any pressure on Allen?  The trade had nothing to do with Allen and everything to do with Tyrod.  Wasn't the reason the Bills wern't interested in a QB in the 2017 draft because they thought Tyrod was good enough?

This desire to compare Allen and Mahomes is weird.

No, they didn’t think Tyrod was good enough and wanted him to take a big pay cut. They passed because of their screwed up management , going into the draft with a new HC and a lame duck GM that should have been fired already. Anyway, it’s old news. You are correct that it doesn’t put any pressure on Allen, though. He just has to win, not match stats. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why would it put any pressure on Allen?  The trade had nothing to do with Allen and everything to do with Tyrod.  Wasn't the reason the Bills wern't interested in a QB in the 2017 draft because they thought Tyrod was good enough?

This desire to compare Allen and Mahomes is weird.

Of course it does.  The trade was Mahomes for Tre White and Josh Allen.  Would anyone besides Bills fans think that was a good trade?  Allen needs to be a franchise level qb at worst for it not to be an awful trade.  And that’s with White being an awesome cb. 

Just now, Commsvet11 said:

You have to be pretty sure about a prospect to swap a 1st and spend a 1st and 3rd on a player.

Ask yourself this simple question:

If Mahomes was projected to have 48 TDs in his first full season, do you think he'd have lasted to the point he did?

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You have to be kidding here.  NFL College scouts including the Bills knew. 

Do you think that at the time of the NFL draft in 2017 Allen was high on the Bills radar or that they were planning to take him with the 7th pick in the 2018 draft.

My point was that the Bills did not pass on Mahomes becasue Allen MIGHT be available in 2018.  And I stand by that point. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lol at all the Mahomes hindsight stuff...he was literally the guy most this board did NOT want to take.  He was the “Allen” of that draft in terms of mechanics issues, raw, needs to be groomed and sit.  There were some here on the Mahomes train, but most people didn’t want him in the first round.  

I was one that didn’t like the idea of taking a QB with mechanics issues with the 10th pick.  I would have been fine taking Mahomes in a trade down or in the 2nd, but I preferred Watson if we took a QB at 10.  

It’s not all bad though...If Allen turns out to be great too, then the trade will have worked out nicely with Tre and Allen.  Mahomes trade will linger until we know what we really have in Allen.  I’m pretty optimistic about Allen though, so I’m not worried.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol at all the Mahomes hindsight stuff...he was literally the guy most this board did NOT want to take.  He was the “Allen” of that draft in terms of mechanics issues, raw, needs to be groomed and sit.  There were some here on the Mahomes train, but most people didn’t want him in the first round.  

I was one that didn’t like the idea of taking a QB with mechanics issues with the 10th pick.  I would have been fine taking Mahomes in a trade down or in the 2nd, but I preferred Watson if we took a QB at 10.  

It’s not all bad though...If Allen turns out to be great too, then the trade will have worked out nicely with Tre and Allen.  Mahomes trade will linger until we know what we really have in Allen.  I’m pretty optimistic about Allen though, so I’m not worried.

It's just football virtue-signalling.

"I knew he'd be awesome all along!"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

If Mahomes was projected to have 48 TDs in his first full season, do you think he'd have lasted to the point he did?

He had 53 tds his last year in college.  

And  do the whole point of the draft is projection.  Did the Bills draft Allen thinking he would be the 57% passer in the Mountain West or that he would grow into something greater?

the major difference is the Chiefs has Andy Reid draft a qb and we had juiced up Ron Howard do it. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Do you think that at the time of the NFL draft in 2017 Allen was high on the Bills radar or that they were planning to take him with the 7th pick in the 2018 draft.

My point was that the Bills did not pass on Mahomes becasue Allen MIGHT be available in 2018.  And I stand by that point. 

That's silly. Allen was trending toward being the number 1 pick in the draft then. There's no way the Bills could have been confident they could get him. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well, I love someone to find that draft thread.  I loved both Watson and Mahomes and want as big of a fan of Mitchell.  

I agree there here were some of the questions with mechanics like Allen.  But he had the production and elite skills.  Allen has the skills but was far from dominant, which a top guy at Wyoming should be. 

But long way way to go.  Feel free to bump this when Allen is having a MVP season next year. ?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Of course it does.  The trade was Mahomes for Tre White and Josh Allen.  Would anyone besides Bills fans think that was a good trade?  Allen needs to be a franchise level qb at worst for it not to be an awful trade.  And that’s with White being an awesome cb. 

No it wasn't.  When Mahommes was drafted we didn't even know Allen was coming out for the 2018 draft.  Had Allen not impressed the Bills prior to the draft we would have taken Josh Rosen or maybe dealt up to grab Darnold.  Again, the ONLY Bills QB you can compare Mahomes to is Tyrod.  Because if the bills were not satisfied with Tyrod at that time then they may have taken Mahommes or Watson.

Now if you want to criticize the Bills front office & caches for not appreciating how great Mahommes was going to be, go for it.  Andy Reid deserves all the credit in the world for spotting this diamond in the rough.  But it has NOTHING to do with Josh Allen today. 

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There would be no way to tell the exact numbers but due to the draft capital the chiefs spent they had to have an idea and they didn’t even need a QB that year. 

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, they didn’t think Tyrod was good enough and wanted him to take a big pay cut. They passed because of their screwed up management , going into the draft with a new HC and a lame duck GM that should have been fired already. Anyway, it’s old news. You are correct that it doesn’t put any pressure on Allen, though. He just has to win, not match stats. 

Exactly right.  Sure blame the Bills management for this, though it doesn't change a thing, because no matter how much we wish Mahomes played for the Bills, he never will.  More importantly, Allen is not part of this discussion.  The Bills did not choose Allen over Mahommes.  They choose Allen over Rosen & Jackson and if either of these two start playing like Mahommes then Bills fans can B word & moan.  Right now it just strikes me as a weird obsession.