Potential Cut Candidates in the Offseason

DCOrange

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's not hard to envision them drafting 2 or even 3 WR's in this draft...........there are probably going to be a number of them at or near bpa on their board when it's their turn to select in the middle rounds......and with Jones/Foster/McKenzie already there it would be pretty easy to end up with no veteran presence in the room.     That would be a mistake.    

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I can't believe Croom isn't on that list. A TE that can't block, catch, runs horrid routes and has ball security issues is not someone I want to keep.

He can screw the boss's daughter tho... 

17 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Spotrac published a list of players that they think could potentially be cut in the offseason and provided some notes about whether or not they really think it's realistic that they could be cut, cap ramifications, etc. It's sorted by position so it's pretty easy to scroll down to the guys you want to read about.

https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/potential-2019-nfl-roster-bubbles-819/

Of note, the WRs discussed:

Allen Robinson

Mohamed Sanu

Demaryius Thomas

DeSean Jackson

Kenny Stills

Devante Parker

Michael Crabtree

Marvin Jones

Pierre Garcon

Cameron Meredith

Travis Benjamin

Allen Hurns

Willie Snead

Bills players discussed:

LeSean McCoy

Chris Ivory

Charles Clay

Star Lotulelei

Lets sign another Benjamin!

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Star hasn't been great. He is overpaid. But he has been a solid addition. I'd be stunned if he was cut. 

The average fan has always gone of stats to determine if a player is good.

Now, the go off rating sites like Pro Football Focus.

Players like Star Lotulelei will never get much credit with either.  His job in this defense is to clog running lanes and tie-up blockers.  He will almost never get to the quarterback for a sack, won't make too many tackles and doesn't get a ton of penetration.  To the average person watching on film, it doesn't look like he's doing much.  It looks like he's at a stalemate with blockers.  But he's the one keeping linemen from getting their hands on Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds, making it easier for them to stop the ball carrier.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks,OP. Informative thread. We got a shopping list we need to address.

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Can't afford it. The guy is kind of a waste. Doesn't mean the regime sucks, but that wasn't their best move.

WTH??

Many posters believe you don’t have a clue about football. When you start typing, you remove all doubt.

32C60ECD-3387-4F80-B0D7-26C2BCD427F6.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The 4 C's have to go. Crossman, Castillo, Culley & Clay. We're probably seeing Shady's last 3 games. Ivory will probably be gone.

Not sure if Dimarco should survive? Like to see Lorenzo and Kyle go 1 last year....it will be a crucial off season.

100% agree and i'm kinda hoping mcd says that with a growing young defense he wants to bring in a fresh attacking approach on defense and brings in a new dc as well.

when i saw trent in coverage i had a flash back to rex...wrecking the defense.  with a few more blitzes, i'm convinced we'd have 2 if not 3 more wins.

44 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The average fan has always gone of stats to determine if a player is good.

Now, the go off rating sites like Pro Football Focus.

Players like Star Lotulelei will never get much credit with either.  His job in this defense is to clog running lanes and tie-up blockers.  He will almost never get to the quarterback for a sack, won't make too many tackles and doesn't get a ton of penetration.  To the average person watching on film, it doesn't look like he's doing much.  It looks like he's at a stalemate with blockers.  But he's the one keeping linemen from getting their hands on Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds, making it easier for them to stop the ball carrier.

And he has been solid at his job. I don't think he has been any better than that and he is certainly getting too much money. That said McDermott likes to play with active linebackers and so a player of Star's type is kind of a necessity and they knew what they were getting with him after having him in Carolina.

Of the WR's I would like Sanu, Parker, Stills, or Snead.  Any two of those and I'll be happy.  Trent Murphy needs to get cut.

13 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

FIRE JUAN CASTIILLO PLEASE

This has to be a part of the Process.  He's had two season one with a pretty good cast and the other with a pretty bad cast and the results are similar.  He's the common denominator.  

Trent Murphy is a pretty good player. Sure, he's had some injury issues, but he's performed on the field. I don't see him going anywhere, it's not like there are better pass rushers available for less.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH??

Many posters believe you don’t have a clue about football. When you start typing, you remove all doubt.

Dude, seriously, isn't it one of the all time great lines of dialogue in a comedy?

There's a story behind who that guy/actor is in Adam Sandler's life.  I can't remember it, though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH??

That meme is so played.

Star has 13 tackles, ZERO tackles for loss, and ZERO sacks.

Throughout his career, he's been a space eater, but has at least put up SOME kind of numbers. 

As I said, he's kind of a waste. The run defense ranks 10th. Yayyyyy!?

Why don't you enlighten us on Star's major secret impact before launching personal attacks.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

That meme is so played.

Throughout his career, he's been a space eater, but has at least put up SOME kind of numbers. 

Why don't you enlighten us on Star's major secret impact before launching personal attacks.

This is the NFL, where stats are for losers.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

That meme is so played.

You’re typing again.. 

• Haha (+1) 1