Potential Cut Candidates in the Offseason

DCOrange

21 minutes ago, Rico said:

No player needs to leave town more than John Miller. With only 3 games left til his contract is up, I guess he won't be a cut, but PLEASE do not extend him.

While I agree he should not be extended.... he has been the 2nd most consistent player on this dreadful line this season. After Dawkins who I'd mark about a 6/10 I'd have Miller about a 4.5/10 and Bodine a 4/10. The others are lucky to get past a 3. 

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The 4 C's have to go. Crossman, Castillo, Culley & Clay. We're probably seeing Shady's last 3 games. Ivory will probably be gone.

Not sure if Dimarco should survive? Like to see Lonzo and Kyle go 1 last year....it will be a crucial off season.

I did not realize until the other day that Clay only makes 4.5 million this next season.

As a number TWO tight end?

19 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I’d take a look at Crabtree - he might have some gas left in the tank

I wouldn't consider any FA WR over the age of 27....

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I did not realize until the other day that Clay only makes 4.5 million this next season.

As a number TWO tight end?

No, Clay is done. Too many drops and injury issues. Dump him immediately and eat the cap. His days in Buffalo are over.

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I wouldn't consider any FA WR over the age of 27....

I dunno...Andre Reed played well into his thirties, had a thousand yard season at the age of 32.  

Crabtree had a thousand yard season in 2016.  Worth a look, I think.

JMO

Edited by The Senator

21 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I dunno...Andre Reed played well into his thirties, had a thousand yard season at the age of 32.  

Crabtree had a thousand yard season in 2016.  Worth a look, I think.

JMO

Andre played hard and was motivated all the way to the end. At the end of the 2017 season Crabtree started being lazy and running bad routes, drops etc. Similar to KB. He'll be 32 in September,  no thank you. He's had a mediocre season with Baltimore.  The template needs to be what Dallas did. Get a young (24) motivated wr (Amari) for your young qb. Like I mentioned earlier, if I'm Beane I'd look for guys 27 & under like Moncrief, T Williams, Robby Anderson or even Funchess. Donte would be my 1st choice. You want a young nucleus of wr's and rb's around Josh.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Andre played hard and was motivated all the way to the end. At the end of the 2017 season Crabtree started being lazy and running bad routes, drops etc. Similar to KB. He'll be 32 in September,  no thank you. He's had a mediocre season with Baltimore.  The template needs to be what Dallas did. Get a young (24) motivated wr (Amari) for your young qb. Like I mentioned earlier, if I'm Beane I'd look for guys 27 & under like Moncrief, T Williams, Robby Anderson or even Funchess. Donte would be my 1st choice. You want a young nucleus of wr's and rb's around Josh.

Well, alright then.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

no way Star gets cut.   He's been decent at opening holes for the LB's and clogging space.  He's only cut if we get a DT in the 1st, and even then I don't see the need to cut a position of strength. 

I honestly don't know where folks are getting this from.  He's been a disappointment in both areas.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd still take Demaryious Thomas. He came into the league a raw route runner. He is now a professor of route running. I think he could contribute in the passing game as the redzone type KB was supposed to be and as a 3rd down chain mover but he would also be a fantastic teacher for our young guys - the Foster and McKenzie's of this world. 

It's not hard to envision them drafting 2 or even 3 WR's in this draft...........there are probably going to be a number of them at or near bpa on their board when it's their turn to select in the middle rounds......and with Jones/Foster/McKenzie already there it would be pretty easy to end up with no veteran presence in the room.     That would be a mistake.    

• Like (+1) 1