Coach of the year candidates

BmarvB

2018 NFL Coach of the year  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice for 2018 Coach of the year?

• Anthony Lynn - Chargers
    • Matt Nagy - Bears
    • Frank Reich - Colts
    • Andy Reid - Chiefs
    • Sean McVay - Rams

Nagy and it isn't really close IMO.

I don't think Trubisky is the perfect QB for his system but he's tailored it to suit his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

That's kind of a common theme among great coaches. Everyone talks about that Chicago D, but without solid output by the offense, they'd be right around 500.

13 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Anthony Lynn shouldn't even be on the vote. That guys hasnt done anything for Chargers. They were a playoff ready team before him and are the exact same with him.

Wow, thats a terrible take on him and the Chargers.  

59 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Nagy and it isn't really close IMO.

I don't think Trubisky is the perfect QB for his system but he's tailored it to suit his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

That's kind of a common theme among great coaches. Everyone talks about that Chicago D, but without solid output by the offense, they'd be right around 500.

Dick Jauron 2.0

hard to see it not being Andy Reid. Sean Payton is certainly up for consideration for voters though right?

I think it's a really tough call. A lot of breakout regular season teams that aren't the usual suspects that are absolutely dominating in a club of their own at the top of the power rankings. Lesser teams can't catch even a break this year. Those teams are so good "any given sunday" doesn't even seem to apply to them. More like any given Sunday they might have not have a blowout

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

hard to see it not being Andy Reid. Sean Payton is certainly up for consideration for voters though right?

I think it's a really tough call. A lot of breakout regular season teams that aren't the usual suspects that are absolutely dominating in a club of their own at the top of the power rankings. Lesser teams can't catch even a break this year. Those teams are so good "any given sunday" doesn't even seem to apply to them. More like any given Sunday they might have not have a blowout

Good points. It's almost like the guys we expect greatness from get overlooked. I'd still go with Nagy, but there's certainly bias against the HC's who've been there, done that.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

It would be Andy. He made a bold move of shipping his veteran QB Alex Smith to the Nations Capital and went with a Sophomore QB who had played exactly in One NFL game.  They put a lot of faith in the QB's ability and made a huge gamble that paid off.   Andy deserves to be the coach of the year.

He does have a Franchise QB and a cornerstone on his DL.   Makes things easier for the coach.  He struggled as an interim HC for the Bills

That one game visiting the Jets to conclude the 2016 season he really did.  You know who else also struggled that day? EJ and Cardale who both showed they weren't starting caliber QBs in the NFL.  And, true to OBD form, he was left hanging out there in front of the media after RR had been fired.  If that's "struggling" then yeah he did...for one game.    

I'd also add that Lynn inherited a 5-11 Chargers team moving from SD to LA and got them to 9-7 last year and 10-3 this season.  He deserves to be in the COY debate.  Successful rebuilds show continuous improvement from year and don't yo-yo back and forth like Buffalo has.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Andy Reid ... Went with a 2nd year QB who started one game last year and who should be the league MVP this season ... Also jettisoned their woman beater star RB and so far haven't missed a beat.... He gets my vote.

i'll wait to see how Andy handles the last few minutes of a close playoff game before the praise starts

oh wait, I've seen it a dozen times already...  :(

Anthony Lynn has done a really good job in San Diego.

The way we bash former Bills players/coaches is truly amazing. No way in hell would the Bills have gotten rid of someone of value, so they must be the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i'll wait to see how Andy handles the last few minutes of a close playoff game before the praise starts

oh wait, I've seen it a dozen times already...  :(

I'll give my coach of the year trophy to whoever knocks your patriots out of the playoffs.... Andy Reid is just a frontrunner as of now.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I'll give my coach of the year trophy to whoever knocks your patriots out of the playoffs.... Andy Reid is just a frontrunner as of now.

yes, I hold 2% of the shares of the team