Coach of the year candidates

BmarvB

2018 NFL Coach of the year  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice for 2018 Coach of the year?

• Anthony Lynn - Chargers
    • Matt Nagy - Bears
    • Frank Reich - Colts
    • Andy Reid - Chiefs
    • Sean McVay - Rams

33 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I voted for Lynn.  I think what he has done is amazing.  He did it with no real hometown advantage.  I’m sure McVay will win, but I love our old OC.  He’s so interesting on his weekly call on NFLR.

...good move for him to keep his support staff in place ala OC Whisenhunt and DC Bradley........Rivers played very well during Whisenhunt's first time through as OC before leaving for HC job...

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I voted for Lynn.  I think what he has done is amazing.  He did it with no real hometown advantage.  I’m sure McVay will win, but I love our old OC.  He’s so interesting on his weekly call on NFLR.

Yeah Lynn is turning out to be a very good coach.

It would be Andy. He made a bold move of shipping his veteran QB Alex Smith to the Nations Capital and went with a Sophomore QB who had played exactly in One NFL game.  They put a lot of faith in the QB's ability and made a huge gamble that paid off.   Andy deserves to be the coach of the year.

4 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Yeah Lynn is turning out to be a very good coach.

He does have a Franchise QB and a cornerstone on his DL.   Makes things easier for the coach.  He struggled as an interim HC for the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

I voted Lynn because of all the teams in the list I feel like he is the one exceeding expectations the most.  And for the first time in a long time, Chargers seem to know how to win.  They have always found ways to lose games they should win in the past, worse than the Bills. 

Rams were supposed to be good.

Chiefs we’re loaded with talent and while no one expected Mahomes to be this good this year, this offense was exepected to still be explosive.

Not sure why Reich is there, Colts are about what was expected IMO.

Nagy - my second choice.  

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

It would be Andy. He made a bold move of shipping his veteran QB Alex Smith to the Nations Capital and went with a Sophomore QB who had played exactly in One NFL game.  They put a lot of faith in the QB's ability and made a huge gamble that paid off.   Andy deserves to be the coach of the year.

He does have a Franchise QB and a cornerstone on his DL.   Makes things easier for the coach.  He struggled as an interim HC for the Bills

Who wouldn't struggle with what he had to work with here?

Would have to wait for the season to end.  Lynn 's main feature is he's not McCoy..  As for Reid, who's Offense is so stacked (or was before they lost their backup kicker) he can't help rack up another pile of (regular season) wins.  No deep playoff run and he should get no consideration.

So it has to be Nagy or Reich. 

49 minutes ago, ganesh said:

What???

Edited by yungmack