Stadium Food Health Safety Report

papazoid

53 minutes ago, tbarg12 said:

Being in Dallas its a little sick seeing American Airlines Center, AT&T Stadium, and Globe Life Park are all pretty much at 50%. I'll have to remember that when I see the Sabres at Stars in January. 

.....probably on purpose so Jurrah can sell you a bottle of Pepto Bismol for 50 bucks.................

hard to screw up reheated pizza logs and popcorn

38 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The fact that the person quoted Patricia Buck, co-founder and executive director of the Center for Foodborne Illness Research & Prevention, does not eat at ANY arena shows she has a slanted view.

Because she doesn't eat the food based on how she routinely sees it being prepared means she can't accurately assess whether it's being prepared safely?

That's an interesting concept.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....probably on purpose so Jurrah can sell you a bottle of Pepto Bismol for 50 bucks.................

That would be the cheapest thing at the stadium. Happy some friends will give me their season tickets for next years Cowboys vs. Bills game in Dallas. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

from the Spectrum Center in Charlotte:

On Dec. 20, 2016, inspectors saw beer leaking from the ceiling in the bar area of the Front Court Restaurant and Bar.”

???

Yeah some of the violations are hilarious, I saw one that said: "Sweaty Cook, On "whatever date" a chef was preparing burgers and profusely sweating from his forehead. Told his manager he should take frequent breaks" lmao

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

we eat at the games all the time.  unfortunately we don't have the time for the full blown tailgates anymore, so we drive in and get to the game just a bit ahead of time, go to the club, have beef on weck/beers or mixed drink and watch the game.  it's become really convenient for us.

Well, you rich swells in the club can afford poopy beef on weck..us schlubs in the upper deck ..not so much!!!

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

yup you can bring in any food you want as long as its in a clear plastic ziplock bag. its in the stadium rules 

When my dad first started bringing us in the 80’s he’d walk right in with a duffel bag full of sandwiches, chips, pop and candy, and a bunch of bottles of Blue. Bottles!

Then he’d use a glove as a coozy/camouflage. 

Ah, the good ol’ days!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, you rich swells in the club can afford poopy beef on weck..us schlubs in the upper deck ..not so much!!!

Had the beef on weck at the Bills game last weekend, wasn't as awesome as the one at the Sabres game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I cant believe people eat at football games...like, really? Didn't you just tailgate your face off for hours with good food? If not, you done did it wrong. You should be spending your time yelling with all your might, and if you have time, slugging down a couple over priced, watered down brewskis. If you eat at football games you deserve to ingest whatever gross things they give you. 

Also, you can bring any food in that you want, as long as its in a gallon ziplock bag, so if you need to eat in the game why not bring in your own? 

OR, you will just eat at establishments that are not found to be gross???? But I guess if you live in Rochester there really aren't any LOL 

...whoa!!....Nick Tahou's, Rochester's mecca and birthplace of the world renowned "garbage plate" is cleaner than ANY hospital operating room in your neck of the woods (COUGH).......

2 hours ago, tbarg12 said:

Had the beef on weck at the Bills game last weekend, wasn't as awesome as the one at the Sabres game. 

Just like venison, if the cow runs too much, the meat isn’t as good.  There’s a lot more real estate around NEF than the corridors at First Niagara Center.  ?

(Moo. ? >  THWACK! ? > ?)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Hieroglyphics...
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The fact that the person quoted Patricia Buck, co-founder and executive director of the Center for Foodborne Illness Research & Prevention, does not eat at ANY arena shows she has a slanted view.

Going by that logic does a cardiologist have any credibility to you if they never had a heart attack?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Democrat & Chronicle in Rochester regularly lists all Health Dept Inspection Reports.....read THAT and you'll never go out to eat again.....

So does the Syracuse Post Standard. Not surprising, at one point or another, every place in the local mall food court has gotten written up for cockroaches. 

• Like (+1) 1

McDonalds serves poutine in Canada but my wife makes excellent French-Canadian cuisine.  I wouldn’t take poutine from a fast food restaurant for the same reasons I don’t eat road kill.  Stadium food you get killed on so you just hide what you can or you go a tail-gating.  As a kid can remember my Pup trading a couple of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for some cheeseburger and pops for us kids.  Like the fair (we don’t go to the fair, people die at the fair) they don’t change their grease or oils.  

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

But you arrive early to a clean pooper. You would miss your routine! 

People, this poor guy has to watch the game outside in the snow when he’s at home. I’m not sure if he even has indoor plumbing! He appreciates the New Era facilities like he was born in Kentucky 100 years ago! 

I eat stadium food to boost my immune system. If it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger!

I went to a Bills game in Jax a decade + ago with the family. Sat in some club seats with some old friends from Hilton Head. Not only free beer and wine (liquor was a nominal charge), but free food indoors. You could get a hot dog, but it leaned more toward sautéed sea bass and other truly delicious food. I’ve NEVER seen that kind of food at a stadium, before or since. Spectacular! I was happy for my old buddy, he was killing it with his business. He was grateful because I was kind in stretching some banking guidelines when he was getting started. I knew he’d make it given time. About 20 years ago those tickets had a face value of $385, and he had almost a row of them. Good times!!!

• Haha (+1) 1