Barnwell: Progress Report on 2018 1st Round QBs

DCOrange

7 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Worst post of the year      Hands down 

ive never seen a “circus catch”by a wide open receiver whose feet were glued to the ground for some reason 

Can you cite similar circus catches for reference? 

Are you sure this isn’t about your torrid love for the Browns backup as well ?   Seems to be clouding your views.  

Clay didn't need to dive.  If he kept going to the ball, at worst he'd have been tackled and they'd have had 1st an goal inside the 5 with about 35 seconds left.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He is a SJW.  Read his work.  This is the guy that alluded to race in McDermott’s decision to start Peterman over Tyrod.  It was pure BS to bring race into it.  I’ve soured on this guy since then, so I can admit I’m biased I guess.  

Even so, I think he has a garbage take.  He’s manipulating stats without context to essentially confirm his opinion.  Anyone who watched the past 3 games Allen started can see that his performance was much stronger than his numbers indicated.  

Dont take my word though, take the word of former players, coaches and even arm chair Twitter film analysts.  

Or or you could take the word of a balding, hipster wannabe from Brooklyn who tries to cool by wearing a hoodie in promo picture.  He sure has a lot of NFL experience.

Clearly he was wrong about starting Peterman over Tyrod. 

Its funny you call him a SJW and just revealed yourself. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree with Barnwell re Allen. He's not accurate, every stat backs that up even when you account for drops and throwaways, and these explosive runs can't last if we expect to keep Josh on the field. None of this is to say he can't get better.   

As an aside, this part was a little unnerving, "His deep balls have been scattershot at best; on throws 16 or more yards downfield, his passer rating is 36.2, which is nearly 20 points worse than any other qualifying passer. His Total QBR on those throws is also last in the league."

Edited by VW82

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He is a SJW.  Read his work.  This is the guy that alluded to race in McDermott’s decision to start Peterman over Tyrod.  It was pure BS to bring race into it.  I’ve soured on this guy since then, so I can admit I’m biased I guess.  

Even so, I think he has a garbage take.  He’s manipulating stats without context to essentially confirm his opinion.  Anyone who watched the past 3 games Allen started can see that his performance was much stronger than his numbers indicated.  

Dont take my word though, take the word of former players, coaches and even arm chair Twitter film analysts.  

Or or you could take the word of a balding, hipster wannabe from Brooklyn who tries to cool by wearing a hoodie in promo picture.  He sure has a lot of NFL experience.

Phil, I love his work.  I generally think it's of a very high quality.  Especially this piece.  Any sane person realizes Allen's running will get him killed.  The fact it's such a high percentage of his positive plays is of concern.  There's no bias there.  It's not a hipster take.  It's also ok he's balding.  

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Stony, I hate his work and think he’s a bad reporter.  Every since he threw race into the Tyrod/Peterman situation I lost respect for him.  He sucks IMO

I don't remember this, but if he did, dumb.  

12 minutes ago, stony said:

I don't remember this, but if he did, dumb.  

To be fair, it might have been this article from a different reporter.  If he didn’t say anything

then my apologies but still am not a Barnwell fan:

http://www.footballperspective.com/tyrod-taylor-and-whether-race-still-matters-part-i/

Edited by Phil The Thrill

21 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

To be fair, it might have been this article from a different reporter.  If he didn’t say anything

then my apologies but still am not a Barnwell fan:

http://www.footballperspective.com/tyrod-taylor-and-whether-race-still-matters-part-i/

Ha, all good man.  Sounds like we're not convincing each other either way. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Read his analysis on Allen and thought fair enough. Then i read the excuses he made for Rosen and Darnold and said yeah okay. Maybe he’s not being fair here. 

Now read his Twitter and explore the lengths that he goes to in an attempt to prove that Allen’s throw to Charles Clay was a “horrific” pass.  

So the gist of this article is he’s a Bill and will always suck I see.. well we need to cut him so he can sign with New England like a lot of Bills free agents  and he can haunt us for the next ten years once a guy like McDaniels gets ahold of him ?

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Now read his Twitter and explore the lengths that he goes to in an attempt to prove that Allen’s throw to Charles Clay was a “horrific” pass.  

Guess the one that bounced off Clays hands against the Jets was also Allen’s fault ?

3 hours ago, VW82 said:

I agree with Barnwell re Allen. He's not accurate, every stat backs that up even when you account for drops and throwaways, and these explosive runs can't last if we expect to keep Josh on the field. None of this is to say he can't get better.   

As an aside, this part was a little unnerving, "His deep balls have been scattershot at best; on throws 16 or more yards downfield, his passer rating is 36.2, which is nearly 20 points worse than any other qualifying passer. His Total QBR on those throws is also last in the league."

You agree with this idiot Barnwell.....call me shocked lol

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm an Allen fan.... but that was an awful pass. 

Didnt look at all like Jones had any intention of sitting on his route. 

The pass was not pretty

But it absolutely got to a position where a number 1 TE should have been able to make a play on it and that really is not disputable

1 hour ago, tumaro02 said:

Just another pile of garbage by a clueless national reporter. Funny he didn't say that Allen's QBR is the best of all rooks and is almost identical to Aaron Rodgers. That of course didn't fit his narrative and wasn't in the box score.

That shows a major,  major flaw in QBR. Rodgers has thrown 23 TD to 1 INT this year. 1! Allen is at 5 and 9. He gets apparently a huge boost from his running.

16 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I sort of took the article as click bait and moved on.  I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that he hasn't at least gotten better since his first few starts. 

Sounds like you just don't like hearing things that conflict with your opinion...

Allen looks good in the first quarter, usually when he's following the script, but afterwards relies on his legs to do anything impressive. 

He has abysmal accuracy, isn't even good throwing the deep pass, throws bad picks, and holds onto the ball too long. 

Other than that, sure...he looks good running the ball?

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

Stopped reading after the first line of the 2nd paragraph of Allen's section after he said " Instead, so far, the Bills have witnessed ... a less impressive version of Taylor."

Wow.....  He hasn't watched a single game.

How is that not almost entirely accurate?!

Less impressive throwing the ball, unless you disregard accuracy entirely, has less TD's & more INT's, holds onto the ball longer and can't read a defense.

But he's bigger & looks better running the ball, whoopie! Just like all the successful QB's in the league, right?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Sounds like you just don't like hearing things that conflict with your opinion...

Allen looks good in the first quarter, usually when he's following the script, but afterwards relies on his legs to do anything impressive. 

He has abysmal accuracy, isn't even good throwing the deep pass, throws bad picks, and holds onto the ball too long. 

Other than that, sure...he looks good running the ball?

How is that not almost entirely accurate?!

Less impressive throwing the ball, unless you disregard accuracy entirely, has less TD's & more INT's, holds onto the ball longer and can't read a defense.

But he's bigger & looks better running the ball, whoopie! Just like all the successful QB's in the league, right?

I’m concerned that you think you’ve said something smart here. We should talk, we all make mistakes, and you too can come back from this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1