Throw Back Thursday: Bills-Lions 2014

YoloinOhio

AKA the laser pointer game 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/nfl-investigates-laser-pointer-allegedly-used-on-kyle-orton-during-bills-lions-game/

it was orton’s first game after EJ was benched. After throwing a pick six, he rebounded to win the game. Lions blew a 14 point lead. Watkins had a sick catch. Lions kicker missed 3 FGs. Dareus had 3 sacks. And who could forget this moment?!

Man, isn't Kyle Orton like that kind of pleasing weird anomaly in Bills history?

OK that he was gone, but I really could have lived with another year out of him, and he finishes with a winning record (7-5).

It is a little like Larry Centers.  I loved Larry Centers career, glad he came here, and he was successful (80 grabs one year), but on a poor team, but before we knew it he was gone.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Man, isn't Kyle Orton like that kind of pleasing weird anomaly in Bills history?

OK that he was gone, but I really could have lived with another year out of him, and he finishes with a winning record (7-5).

It is a little like Larry Centers.  I loved Larry Centers career, glad he came here, and he was successful (80 grabs one year), but on a poor team, but before we knew it he was gone.

Orton looked better than he was because he followed EJ. Still, he was pretty accurate. 

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The 2014 bills team was the best Bills team of the drought. I loved Orton. If EJ didn’t ruin our season in Houston, we would have made the playoffs. The 14 team was better then the 17 team. The most like modern day football we have played post Kelly.

The Raiders game that year absolutely crushed me. They went from looking great beating the packers and being in playoff contention to going to the 2-win raiders and laying an egg. I think Andre Holmes might have caught a big pass in that game for Oakland?

I still think the Denver game was the turning point of that season :angry: