Shocking mob trial allegation: Hamilton crime figure was Underboss of Buffalo Mafia

Fingon

There was always talk about the Todaro's as far back as I can remember (my father told me this since I was a youngster). We used to drive to the LaNova shop on the West Side of Buffalo and I would walk in there and try to spot the old man and Joe Jr.  They were always very pleasant and ran a good shop. It was a "Goodfellas" flashback to my youth where those "fellas" looked like solid guys to be around. Maybe they are connected, but I'm unaware of there ever being a conviction for racketeering or any mob ties.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

There was always talk about the Todaro's as far back as I can remember (my father told me this since I was a youngster). We used to drive to the LaNova shop on the West Side of Buffalo and I would walk in there and try to spot the old man and Joe Jr.  They were always very pleasant and ran a good shop. It was a "Goodfellas" flashback to my youth where those "fellas" looked like solid guys to be around. Maybe they are connected, but I'm unaware of there ever being a conviction for racketeering or any mob ties.

The Buffalo mob as a whole has never really been successfully prosecuted. All the old timers in the family die in nursing homes and not jail.

2 minutes ago, Fingon said:

The Buffalo mob as a whole has never really been successfully prosecuted. All the old timers in the family die in nursing homes and not jail.

Yeah. There was a time back in the 90's when the US Attorney's office prosecuted some of the lower ranks (firearms/drugs under the RICO statute) but nothing too serious. Then they turned their attention to "street gangs" mostly and LCN fell to the wayside.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Buffalo billion the reason are governor is not running for president?

Once in awhile someone comes along, usually in politics, who defies the Peter Principle.

Though, that he's Governor of N.Y. is as much due to the lemmings that vote in N.Y.  

His stint as Clinton HUD secretary hurt this country in ways most are totally unaware of.  

Edited by I am the egg man

13 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Once in awhile someone comes along, usually in politics, who defies the Peter Principle.

Only if you assume Prince Andrew The Unindicted's job was being a good Governor. If you assume his job was to be a cog in the Clinton Machine, he was far more competent.