Todd Mcshays mock out today has us taking Jonah Williams

There’s a decent amount of nfl oline free agents so I’m hoping for a trade down.

unless they want a premier defensive linemen or somehow Bosa or Oliver drop I think it’s better to trade down.

we can get another 2 or 3 picks and not move back much like the colts did last year. 

Would like to come out of the draft with a #1 wr, Te and running back.

• Like (+1) 1

i think we're stuck at 4 wins for the year.  Roughly the 3-4 pick.  Trade back 4 spots and take williams while picking up a second rounder.  Then take on the Bortles contract from the Jaguars also in exchange for a second rounder like what the browns did.  Then we have 3 second rounders and our first.  Pick up the center from Wisconsin, a wr and tight end in the second.  

Not the sexiest pick but he's going to be a great pro for 10 years. It also allows us to move Dion Dawkins to LG. Wyatt Teller to RG which would effectively leave us with C and RT as positions of need. That's where Matt Paradis-C Broncos and Daryl Williams-T Panthers come in. 

In one off-season we've effectively rebuilt our OL and protect our biggest asset. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BakersBills said:

There’s a decent amount of nfl oline free agents so I’m hoping for a trade down.

unless they want a premier defensive linemen or somehow Bosa or Oliver drop I think it’s better to trade down.

we can get another 2 or 3 picks and not move back much like the colts did last year. 

You make a great point.  And the colts had a decent draft last year, despite all the moving down. 

my question is: are any good DL available in the late 1st/2nd round. 

Ideally we can trade back and still get day 1 impactful: OL, DL, and WR in the first 2 rounds. 

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Not the sexiest pick but he's going to be a great pro for 10 years. It also allows us to move Dion Dawkins to LG. Wyatt Teller to RG which would effectively leave us with C and RT as positions of need. That's where Matt Paradis-C Broncos and Daryl Williams-T Panthers come in. 

In one off-season we've effectively rebuilt our OL and protect our biggest asset. 

I love the idea of brining in a high quality vet center for a rookie QB.  Bodine would then be a fantastic backup for that center. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

That would be a heck of an offseason for the OL

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, cage said:

As this is playing out, the Bills are picking #6 with none of the first 5 forecast to pick a QB.  Immediately after the Bills is Jags (#7), Bucs (#8), Giants (#9), Bengals (#11), Redskins (#14), Broncos (#17) and Dolphins (#18).  Certainly someone could jump even higher than us, but we might be in a great position to trade down as is often suggested here if someone wants the top QB in the draft.

I thinks the Jets will also be a target for a team looking to trade up for a QB.  They are going to be looking for receiving weapons, probably won’t be interested in taking a d-lineman, and will want to get back that 2d round pick they traded to Indy last year.

6 hours ago, BakersBills said:

If a trade down isn't available I wouldn't mind taking a mauler RT. RT is just as important as LT these days (often times the best pass rusher will be lined up against the RT) and although there are a lot of O-line players available in free agency there aren't too many top tackles available. The best players are along the interior O-line. I agree that if Oliver or Bosa fall take them but assuming the Bills are picking between 5-9 getting an a young O-line player on the right side to bookend with Dawkins for the next 5-7 years will greatly help the team solidify the O-line. 

I think they can address WR in round 2 (in addition to supplementing free agency/trade) and nab a running back in round 3 or 4. I am optimistic about the teams ability to address major needs on offense and supplement the defense with talent. I don't expect a huge splurge in free agency but I think they sign 2 major players on offense and a significant player on defense via free agency and then going hard on offense during the draft. 

Considering how good this regime appears to be at drafting I think a trade down isn't a bad idea but unless the QB draft class is stronger than projected it might be a case where no team in the middle or back of the first round needs a top 10 pick that badly. 

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Well he got one right.

im hoping we can get him. I chuckled when they said he wasnt the greatest athlete. Its pretty sad that grading a player comes down to athleticism, when how he plays is what should be graded. 

Williams is a master technician when it comes to pass blocking and is solid in the run game, we will do well if we pick him.

BB, the fact that he can go RT is what I like, too.

if he has that versatility great.  It doesn’t help us if Dawkins doesn’t have that versatility, but we move him to the right to make way for the new guy.

When teams already have a decent LT and they do that it just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

15 hours ago, cage said:

As this is playing out, the Bills are picking #6 with none of the first 5 forecast to pick a QB.  Immediately after the Bills is Jags (#7), Bucs (#8), Giants (#9), Bengals (#11), Redskins (#14), Broncos (#17) and Dolphins (#18).  Certainly someone could jump even higher than us, but we might be in a great position to trade down as is often suggested here if someone wants the top QB in the draft.

This QB draft class is awful. 

There's barely a QB worth a first round pick let alone a top 10 pick.