Poll: Draft Greedy Williams in the 1st Round?

Haplo848

How would you feel about drafting Greedy Williams?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills draft Greedy Williams?

• Absolutely! He'd probably be BPA, and fits a need
    • Only if the offense gets taken care of in free agency
    • Hell no! We need offensive players, not defensive ones!
    • I'm ambivalent. The talent is there, but the need is elsewhere
    • No! Stop drafting first round corners!
    • Only if the top O-Linemen are already off the board
    • Only if the top WRs are already off the board
    • We should draft a DT instead of a CB
    • We should draft an edge rusher instead of a CB
    • We should draft a LB instead of a CB
    • Other
    • We'll only start winning again once we become the Buffalo Williams'. The more Williams' on the team, the better
    • No, use him and/or QBs as trade bait, and trade down, no matter what. More picks are all that's important

4 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He's an absolute stud and he gives our Defense that attitude we need. People will flip if we take him but I don't know he turns our really good defense to elite.

Imagine having a CB core of White, Williams, Wallace and Johnson.

A Tre White doppelganger as the #2 CB absolutely would turn this defense to elite status. Any defense that features two genuine "shut-down" CB's (i.e. performing at an All-Pro level) to go along with a very good pair of safeties, a solid nickel CB, two very good LB's, and even just an average DL is going to be performing at an elite level.

I am all about the tank and trading down.  Greedy is a player a team would trade up for.  And I am alright with trading back and selecting cb,wr,te,c,g,ot,de,lb, or dt.  Trade down, and trade down again.  Stockpile picks this and next year

As we saw vs Jets and others, the D will not be truly elite without an improved pass rush. The offense is broken while the current D is above average. It would seem that an above average offense coupled with the current D will be a winning combination. Beane and McD have to tone down the obsession with defense. 

It seems to me that the BPA factor is overstated by many posters. But need can be just as important at times. A team needs to use a sliding scale and l think most do. Let’s say Williams is available and he is the best player available according to the team rankings. However, the bills are pretty well set in the defensive backfield. So, say there is a stud offensive lineman or wide receiver available who they have ranked a little lower. I say you take that player instead of Williams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

It seems to me that the BPA factor is overstated by many posters. But need can be just as important at times. A team needs to use a sliding scale and l think most do. Let’s say Williams is available and he is the best player available according to the team rankings. However, the bills are pretty well set in the defensive backfield. So, say there is a stud offensive lineman or wide receiver available who they have ranked a little lower. I say you take that player instead of Williams.

Teams develop draft rankings for a reason. They draft by the rankings. If there are a couple players that have very similar rankings then you look at needs. I think the only offensive/defensive position that is off the table in the first round is QB and safety. 

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

People don't realize what Greedy brings, this guy will shutdown his man and Tre will do the same. Teams would have to target our number 4th and 5th corner. Go OL in FA and draft guys RDS 2-7 to fill any holes left.

I agree, the NFL is going to more 3 WR sets and is passing the ball more each year. A lot of teams are running a nickel defense as their main defense. Greedy will be a shut down CB in the NFL, plus I think he will be BPA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Teams develop draft rankings for a reason. They draft by the rankings. If there are a couple players that have very similar rankings then you look at needs. I think the only offensive/defensive position that is off the table in the first round is QB and safety. 

I make it quite clear in my post that the rankings are significant and are for a reason. So I agree with you there. I do disagree that in the scenario that I described in my post that only safety and quarterback or off the board. Let’s see what happens

I'm actually kinda surprised how okay most people would be with Greedy.  I figured more people would be shouting for offensive players, but I kind of like the BPA approach.  Stars are more important than starters.  And locking down the top 2 WRs of an opposing offense, forcing defenses to throw at Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Milano, or Edmunds?  Not the worst way to play defense.  We just need to make sure the OLine gets upgraded, and fast.