Poll: Draft Greedy Williams in the 1st Round?

Haplo848

How would you feel about drafting Greedy Williams?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills draft Greedy Williams?

• Absolutely! He'd probably be BPA, and fits a need
    • Only if the offense gets taken care of in free agency
    • Hell no! We need offensive players, not defensive ones!
    • I'm ambivalent. The talent is there, but the need is elsewhere
    • No! Stop drafting first round corners!
    • Only if the top O-Linemen are already off the board
    • Only if the top WRs are already off the board
    • We should draft a DT instead of a CB
    • We should draft an edge rusher instead of a CB
    • We should draft a LB instead of a CB
    • Other
    • We'll only start winning again once we become the Buffalo Williams'. The more Williams' on the team, the better
    • No, use him and/or QBs as trade bait, and trade down, no matter what. More picks are all that's important

I've seen a couple mock drafts where people have the Bills selecting Greedy Williams with their 1st.  On the one hand, he is one of the highest rated players, generally assumed to be a top-5 pick like Jalen Ramsey or Denzel Ward, and a defensive backfield of Williams, Taron Johnson, Tre White, Micah Hyde, and Jordan Poyer would be ridiculous, and would be in place for years.  On the other hand, the offense obviously needs work, at just about every position.  Despite this draft having much better defensive players than offensive ones, offensive players are who we need right now.  So, what are your thoughts?

Edited by Haplo848
  • Haha (+1) 1

David Edwards would make a good fit in the first round.  Along with bolstering an offensive weapon like Marquis Brown in the second.  The defense spends to much time on the field and the offense needs to be restructured completely.  Then we need a dual running back set to pound the holes.  As for free agency offensive linemen they make a mint; have to draft and build them up.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

David Edwards would make a good fit in the first round.  Along with bolstering an offensive weapon like Marquis Brown in the second.  The defense spends to much time on the field and the offense needs to be restructured completely.  Then we need a dual running back set to pound the holes.  As for free agency offensive linemen they make a mint; have to draft and build them up.  

I would prefer we address the OL in FA...the new age college offensive scheme have made it very difficult to judge adaptability to the NFL.

FA is a better route to fill the needs on the OL, imo...keep drafting & developing OL with the 3-5th rd picks for depth with the hopes of finding that gem. 

• Like (+1) 3

If they took him I wouldn't be upset, but one thing this regime seems to be able to do is find defensive talent later in the draft. If there is an under the radar CB who fits their scheme (Taron Johnson), then spend the pick on O-line.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Haplo848 said:

I've seen a couple mock drafts where people have the Bills selecting Greedy Williams with their 1st.  On the one hand, he is one of the highest rated players, generally assumed to be a top-5 pick like Jalen Ramsey or Denzel Ward, and a defensive backfield of Williams, Taron Johnson, Tre White, Micah Hyde, and Jordan Poyer would be ridiculous, and would be in place for years.  On the other hand, the offense obviously needs work, at just about every position.  Despite this draft having much better defensive players than offensive ones, offensive players are who we need right now.  So, what are your thoughts?

If he's a comparable talent to someone like Jalen Ramsey, then you have to take him as a BPA. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm as desperate as anyone to get the OL upgraded but I'd find it very difficult to pass on a player as good as Williams. It doesn't seem to make sense to use our top pick to fortify the secondary, arguably the best unit on the team. Then again, how do you take a 2 star lineman and pass on a 5 star corner? Glad I don't have to make these choices.

I have said it many times, but that is the only position we may be able to lure a decent FA without overpaying due to the fact that we can offer a chance to play on a top defense and play across from Tre with two great safeties.  That spot could be very appealing to a FA.  I believe we should look for a trade down if Greedy is BPA, not a knocking his ability, just don't see it as a position we should spend a 1st rounder on.

• Like (+1) 1

If we are picking at 6 and one of these guys is there I'd definitely pull the trigger

1.  Greedy Williams

2.  Josh Allen

3.  Jonah Williams

And if I don't draft them at  6 it's because all of them are on the board and I'm trying to fleece the Jags, Giants, Bucs, Redskins for some extra picks to trade up for a QB ?

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

I'm as desperate as anyone to get the OL upgraded but I'd find it very difficult to pass on a player as good as Williams. It doesn't seem to make sense to use our top pick to fortify the secondary, arguably the best unit on the team. Then again, how do you take a 2 star lineman and pass on a 5 star corner? Glad I don't have to make these choices.

Nah, you get 2 star linemen by saying "we can get them in later rounds".

I'd be more for a Greedy Williams if someone could show where all these first round Db's have gotten us in past 20 years (almost).

I can’t remember his name, but my brother was talking to me the right tackle coming into the draft is the best at the position.  I’d rather pick up Golden Tate and John Brown in free agency so we have speed and someone who is big and always gets open across the middle! Unlike Benjamin he doesn’t have alligator arms.

After we take BPA throughout the draft.  We have the second most cap space in the NFL.  WE spend on two proven WR and a role player on O Line, and then a great RT in 1st for the draft.  Sanu is another option at WR.  They already are proven route runners.  I’m hopeful we pick up more lineman in later rounds and more offensive weapons.  Imagine Allen having a proven line, and lots of weapons like McKenzie and Foster as well as Jones.  I’m sure Shady will have a bounce back year.