Sal Maiorana Says Bills Should Move on from McCoy in 2019; MJD Says He's a Lock for Canton; McDermott Excited to Have McCoy as Part of Bills' Future

26CornerBlitz

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think he has probably lost a step, but pretty much everyone said AP was done 2-3 years ago.  I would not mind if the Bills moved on but, I think if you put McCoy behind a top offensive line in the league he may have a good year or two left.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, KD in CA said:

I would expect McCoy makes the HOF.  Another 1500 yards over the next 2+ seasons gets him to 12,000.  Everyone above that figure is in or a lock for the HOF except for Edgerrin James.

McCoy won't get in ahead of James

On 12/13/2018 at 6:19 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

We have plenty of CAP money already, anyway.

I hate that attitude. Cap space and savings matters as much this year as any. It gives you opportunities for signing and contract renewals, even if you roll over cap space, which helps you in future years

On 12/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

They should have moved on in the offseason and at the trade deadline.  Now, he has no value. 

I agree with you about the timing of when they should've moved on from him, but I think there is still some value left to get back for him to the right team, but just not as much anymore. 

On 12/13/2018 at 5:02 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We should have moved on last year.

On 12/13/2018 at 4:25 AM, Scott7975 said:

I thought they should have traded him last year.

This.  

What takes more wishful thinking --  A) a 31-yr old RB will make it through a 16 game season or B) that our sieve of an OL will be repaired in one offseason?

3 hours ago, QCity said:

This.  

What takes more wishful thinking --  A) a 31-yr old RB will make it through a 16 game season or B) that our sieve of an OL will be repaired in one offseason?

i don't mind having him around but i wanted a worse record last lear so we didnt have to trade our assets for Allen and Edmunds.

Juan Castillo really thought his line was working when injuries happened last year along the front.  Free agency will eat up what we have in cap spending even if we have massive amounts.  You have enough draft capital to fill crucial and critical linemen roles.  They have to start there along with finding blocking for Murphy and Ford.  

Edited by Thriftygamer83

On 12/14/2018 at 7:16 AM, Mr. WEO said:

McCoy won't get in ahead of James

For whatever reason McCoy seems to have more fame and name recognition than James and other really good RBs. James has great numbers for a RB. I would have thought he should be in already. But it seems like he might not get in, ever. I wouldn't be shocked if McCoy got in before James but I do agree with the thought that James should get in before McCoy just based on McCoy's current stats vs James. Edge had far more seasons than McCoy at an elite level.

Another guy who is underrated is Tiki Barber. I believe Barber actually has more yards from scrimmage than Edge. Like Edge, he has three 2,000+ yards from scrimmage seasons. McCoy only has one. But Barber's three seasons all came in the last three years of his career. He literally retired at his peak even though he was 31 in his last season. It's entirely possibly he could have had some insanely good numbers had he played at the age of 32-33.

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

For whatever reason McCoy seems to have more fame and name recognition than James and other really good RBs. James has great numbers for a RB. I would have thought he should be in already. But it seems like he might not get in, ever. I wouldn't be shocked if McCoy got in before James but I do agree with the thought that James should get in before McCoy just based on McCoy's current stats vs James. Edge had far more seasons than McCoy at an elite level.

Another guy who is underrated is Tiki Barber. I believe Barber actually has more yards from scrimmage than Edge. Like Edge, he has three 2,000+ yards from scrimmage seasons. McCoy only has one. But Barber's three seasons all came in the last three years of his career. He literally retired at his peak even though he was 31 in his last season. It's entirely possibly he could have had some insanely good numbers had he played at the age of 32-33.

Good points about Barber.

E James will struggle because he was on a stacked offense.  

McCoy probably isn't considered a lock for HOF outside of the Bills universe.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good points about Barber.

E James will struggle because he was on a stacked offense.  

McCoy probably isn't considered a lock for HOF outside of the Bills universe.

He's about 1,000 yards shy of what Walter Payton got for all purpose yards.  Only seven players in NFL history had more scrimmage yards in their 20s than McCoy: Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith, Edgerrin James, Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

He's 10th all time in yards.  And 10th all time in average yards per carry.

Lock?  No.  But to say that only Bills fans think he's in the discussion is silly.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

He's about 1,000 yards shy of what Walter Payton got for all purpose yards.  Only seven players in NFL history had more scrimmage yards in their 20s than McCoy: Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith, Edgerrin James, Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

He's 10th all time in yards.  And 10th all time in average yards per carry.

Lock?  No.  But to say that only Bills fans think he's in the discussion is silly.

Good thing I didn't say that then...we agree: lock, no.

Numbers are nice (Vinny Testaverde and Carson Palmer are 13 and 12 all time passing yards!), but no one would confuse McCoy with those of Payton, Sanders, Brown, Smith....

On 12/14/2018 at 10:32 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree with you about the timing of when they should've moved on from him, but I think there is still some value left to get back for him to the right team, but just not as much anymore. 

....think perhaps moving him was easier said than done.....a 30 yr old RB with two years left and owed $12 mil is a high tariff........although 33, not sure if Peterson signing with Deadskins for vet minimum ($1.015 mil) is a good market indicator...............

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/12/2018 at 8:21 PM, BillsRdue said:

What I'm really hoping for is that Shady realizes his value on the open market as a free agent and decides that it would be worth it to restructure for a 3 year deal at 12-15m with a 5-6m signing bonus so he still gets the 9m for 2019 and the security of finishing his career strong and as a Bill. He'd be a great change of pace and 3rd down back and put up good numbers and veteran leadership while not taking the pounding of having to carry the entire offense. 

I actually hope he stays, just not at his current deal.

let him play out next year and then decide if you want him after that.