Sal Maiorana Says Bills Should Move on from McCoy in 2019; MJD Says He's a Lock for Canton; McDermott Excited to Have McCoy as Part of Bills' Future

26CornerBlitz

On 12/12/2018 at 5:26 PM, TroutDog said:

I suspect the reason they kept him was for veteran leadership during the rebuild. I further suspect they believe (and I agree) that a veteran presence is needed on both sides of the ball. 

Charles Clay could have provided that function for the offense. Besides, we need draft picks more than veteran leadership, which is hard to quantify.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:30 PM, KD in CA said:

I would expect McCoy makes the HOF.  Another 1500 yards over the next 2+ seasons gets him to 12,000.  Everyone above that figure is in or a lock for the HOF except for Edgerrin James.

Edge should get there. The dual purpose backs often seem to take a bit of time.

They are both correct. We need a CB and DT on D and a nearly complete rebuild on O. Get something for Shady while we still can. I'd like a really good, young power runner without fumblitis. Then we need to pray that Josh learns how to throw with much better accuracy. 50-something percent ain't gonna cut it in today's NFL. Hopefully an O facelift will help.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:26 PM, TroutDog said:

I suspect the reason they kept him was for veteran leadership during the rebuild. I further suspect they believe (and I agree) that a veteran presence is needed on both sides of the ball. 

We’ll see what the off season brings and I suspect you may get your wish of him being gone albeit for little to no compensation. 

I think they got greedy with the trade value and now we basically got nothing out of him with exception of the Jets game  9 mill is a lot of money to pay a soon to be 31 year old rb who has lost the burst to be a threat.   They fix the line and they can get production out of just about any back.  Pittsburgh plugs in their third option a 5th round pick and gets a 170 scrimmage yards 

The highest paid rb in the league this year. The lowest rated rb in the league this year. I don't know if any team would have taken on that contract. Need a young stud rb on rookie contract. Clay needs to go as well. 

McCoy has had a very good career but no way is he a lock for the HOF imo. I would be surprised if he gets in at all.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:33 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

They should have moved on in the offseason and at the trade deadline.  Now, he has no value. 

Completely agree and they royally screwed up at the trade deadline. Whatever offer they had from the Eagles is a hell of a lot more than what they're going to get now which is basically nothing. They'll end up releasing him in the offseason along with Clay and just take the cap hit and get nothing in return.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:30 PM, KD in CA said:

I would expect McCoy makes the HOF.  Another 1500 yards over the next 2+ seasons gets him to 12,000.  Everyone above that figure is in or a lock for the HOF except for Edgerrin James.

Wow i didn't know Edjerrin James isn't in HOF.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sal Maiorana Says Bills Should Move on from McCoy in 2019; MJD Says He's a Lock for Canton; McDermott Excited to Have McCoy as Part of Bills' Future

McCoy has it out during a media day remaining cool headed.  As for McDermott when he comes onto the offensive field and practice (Packers practices) area dropping “f bombs” and berating Allen for receivers dropping balls it looks like Sean wants to build a better attitude within media sponsorships and affiliations then he wants to back players.  Not exactly sure how this is going to help when players get to see punitive measures placed; behave well with the media’s.  

12 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

McCoy has it out during a media day remaining cool headed.  As for McDermott when he comes onto the offensive field and practice (Packers practices) area dropping “f bombs” and berating Allen for receivers dropping balls it looks like Sean wants to build a better attitude within media sponsorships and affiliations then he wants to back players.  Not exactly sure how this is going to help when players get to see punitive measures placed; behave well with the media’s.  

:huh: I have no idea of what you're trying to convey here.