Joe Flacco benched in Baltimore...Lamar Jackson era has begun

Big Turk

aka Tyrod Taylor 2.0

not a fan of the decision while still being in playoff contention 

40 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Flacco did win a Super Bowl and came close a few other times.  All downhill once he signed his new contract

yea he had that epic playoff run and has been average at best since, hasn't come close to living up to the contract but id still start him over Jackson ,who is just tremendously limited in the pass game and they have a pretty talented wr corp

Edited by JerseyBills

Lackson is running right now because he has always had that as a primary part of his game. I don't like that being a primary part of a QB's game. Exciting at times, too few examples of Super Bowl winners with that profile. They tend to get figured out at this level based on speed. I don't expect running to be a primary part of Allens game. I think right now he is leaning on it a bit more because he can't read defenses well and he wants to move the ball and win. In leaning on his run game he has happened to be very successful and ultimately increased our likelihood of winning. Our hope is Allen gets better at reading defenses and then he can become more reliant on his arm. Future is uncertain as well as his ceiling. With Lamar I just feel the ceiling is already in. As teams acquire tape on him his performance will just decline. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I guess.  Allen certainly has the stronger arm but they are both flawed passers.  I think our fans are quicker to point out Jackson’s flaws than Allen’s.  When in fact, they are both pretty flawed.

You point it out enough, repeating the same line, to make up for all the ones who do not.

You sound like a parrot with a bad battery.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Like Denver did with Manning?

Manning was benched almost exclusively due to injury.

I don't think the Ravens were satisfied with Flacco's play regardless of his injury.

It's Lamar Jackson's team for the foreseeable future. That was a solid retort because they did sort of do that in Denver. Just don't see it here.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

and I would take Allen over Jackson, but man, it’s a lot closer at this point than some Bills fans want to admit. 

Yes it is much closer to you wanting to put Jackson on a pedestal but some Bills fans do not want to admit that you are trying to be the load for the Debbie Downers on Allen so you can saw "I told you so.".   It sounds like you have some bet you lose if Allen is successful.   Does Allen making pro bowl make you pay out on your bet or did you hedge it enough that he has to be made all pro?

Lamar Jackson is building confidence and a groove in Baltimore.  Hard part is going to be containing him in the future.  Along with finding those who don’t go into an over pursuit when the Ravens could add an effective ball carrier and run delayed draw and counters.  On the flip side offensively we don’t have any healthy long-term effective running backs.  It basically falls to Josh Allen in going into Archie Manning mode and getting the crap kicked out of him on a weekly basis.  Lamar has an offensive line to buy him time and some receiving weapons.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Welcome to Jacksonville Joe Flacco

Honestly? Not a bad move for either team. Jax would be much better with Joe. Ravens and most other teams probably like what they have at the position.

Now they just need to salary dump Bortles somehow

People on here complain Josh runs too much but he does so 9-11 times a game. Jackson ran TWENTY-SEVEN times his first game. That's a high number for a RB. You think that will last? And I still can't believe the no-coverage by NFL media of Allen running for 135 yards in only 9 runs but oozing praise over Jackson for less yards in way more runs. Bias much? And no it's not just because the Ravens are in the playoff run.

I'd like to know how the WRs on the team feel? I'd hate to run around the field all day to get not even half the pass I used to get... Football is not a one-man show.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

People on here complain Josh runs too much but he does so 9-11 times a game. Jackson ran TWENTY-SEVEN times his first game. That's a high number for a RB. You think that will last? And I still can't believe the no-coverage by NFL media of Allen running for 135 yards in only 9 runs but oozing praise over Jackson for less yards in way more runs. Bias much? And no it's not just because the Ravens are in the playoff run.

I'd like to know how the WRs on the team feel? I'd hate to run around the field all day to get not even half the pass I used to get... Football is not a one-man show.

Two reasons for the bias: Ravens have a winning record and are in contention to win division , Allen is white. 

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

You do realize that our QB has really only succeeded running the ball, correct?

Will he be "figured out?" This thread is starting to get weird.

I think there's a notable difference. You know Lamar Jackson is going to run. Allen is known for having a cannon, and the mobility isn't surprising, but the multiple 100 yard rushing games definitely is.

All thing considered I think you can certainly say that Allen is currently harder to "figure out". He's a freak and his ceiling is ridiculous if he can put it all together. He has a better arm than Lamar, and is surprisingly just as good on the ground. I don't find the point too far fetched.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Wow, there is a serious "changing of the guard" going on in the NFL right now.  Very soon Eli, Brady, Brees, Rivers Stafford and Big Ben will be gone as well.

‘Gone to Buffalo’ via the Pegula jet!  Get a limo bus and make sure you make a stop at Charlie the Butchers for a beef on weck!

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Honestly? Not a bad move for either team. Jax would be much better with Joe. Ravens and most other teams probably like what they have at the position.

Now they just need to salary dump Bortles somehow

Agreed. The Jags need a veteran quarterback to take that team to the next level. Flacco is a good fit. 

If Bortles is  a post June 1 cut, it isn't terrible. 11.5 million in dead money with a 9 million cap savings. There is offset language in the contract he signed, so they have to hope someone will be willing to take a shot on teh open market, which is highly unlikely. 

Jackson has already had two close calls with injuries. Allen has had an injury and then a few other hits that rattled him. Both teams need to get to the offseason and do things differently next year. 

QBs running for 100 yards a game isn’t a thing because it’s not sustainable. 

11 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Lets revisit once defenses get plenty of tape on him. Mr Jackson scored a 13 on the wonderlic- 20 is considered average- 10 is considered literate. Maybe he doesn’t test well, maybe he just had a bad day or maybe he isn’t intelligent which is needed to truly thrive as an NFL QB.

Jim Kelly scored a 15.  Marino scored a 16. Fitz scored a 48.

i would be lying to say that I could see the Lamar-Vince Young nfl comparison.  I just don’t think some Bills fans (which I get) don’t realize that Lamar and Allen have similar problems throwing the ball.  They both need to improve big time.

• Like (+1) 2