Joe Flacco benched in Baltimore...Lamar Jackson era has begun

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

We are still looking for a suitable backup for John Skelton. 

3 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

We are still looking for a suitable backup for John Skelton. 

...hmmm....spellcheck says you meant Skeleton............

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Not the sharpest tool in the shed

...I was trying to be PG-13 and politically correct...:thumbsup:....shades of Leodis I presume............

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe Washington if Alex Smith’s injury is career threatening 

That would leave Washington spending roughly $40-50 million per year on bad QB play. I can’t see it. Same reason Jacksonville might be a long shot. Those two teams are destined for rookies IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That would leave Washington spending roughly $40-50 million per year on bad QB play. I can’t see it. Same reason Jacksonville might be a long shot. Those two teams are destined for rookies IMO. 

Unless they are looking for bridge QBs which Tom Coughlin very well might look for. 

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wow, with the Flacco benching out of the top 10 highest paid QBs in the league (average per year) there are only 2 as of now making the playoffs,

Cousins and Brees.

you sure the vikings make the post season?

I hope they beat the fins?

two divisional games, lions and bears.

they should beat the lions?

wont beat the bears.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Not a good time to be a vet and lose your job as there are not a lot of job openings right now for guys like Flacco.  Most everyone has a starter they are committed to or a young QB they are developing already.  Looking at the 32 teams, I only see 2 that really could be a landing spot for him where he can start for sure.

Jacksonville - Gotta be the favorite

Giants - Prime candidate to go QB in the draft, but they are also winning a lot right now behind Barkleys dominance.  So could see them maybe grab Flacco as a stop back, then draft defense, and see if they can compete for playoffs with him, Barkley, OBJ, Evan, Sterling, etc.  

These 2 could be possible places, but I think they are more likely to address the QB position in the draft since the guys they have now are still under expensive contracts next year.  

Denver 

Miami 

Honestly, I dont see a lot of other options out there.  And RG3 makes more sense to stay and backup Lamar.  

I live in Baltimore and it’s intereating to hear the talk radio shows. They remind me of the Bills after the 90’s where they just assume change will be for the better.  The fans even acknowledge that he can’t throw from the pocket.  

If they move on from Flacco and Harbaugh, which I think they will, I don’t think they realize what they could be in for.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Of those, I would say Cousins is also not a certainty. Panthers may still sneak in. 

I think the Lions have a very good shot. Carolina has to play NO twice, and the Lions play the Bills, Minnesota (in Detroit), and close with GB. I think an 8-8 team gets in this season. Alternatively, if GB beats Chicago in Chicago, they have the Jets and then the Lions at home. They could get in at 8-7-1. I don't think they'll beat Chicago, but they have an X factor in Rogers.

• Like (+1) 1

Not a smart move at all imo.  While I don’t think Flacco is great I always thought he was better than a lot of people gave him credit for.  Aside from Boldin for a few years he never really had any WRs to throw to.  I still think he gives them the best chance to win.

43 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO.......Augieism 101.......heard this kid speak in a couple of pressers and............interesting to say the least..............

You may have gotten a little more out of it than I did....but I appreciate your kindness. 

• Haha (+1) 1