Amazing Max Unger Stat

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t really disagree with anything.  Obviously playing with Brees was huge for JG.  He’s had some bad injury and they catch up with every player.  But yeah, looks like a very good deal for the Saints now.

but it’s hard to argue with the success of Seattle.  They have basically rebuilt their SB teams and are right back to being a playoff contender.

Seattles an interesting team in the NFC because they've always had a "never say die" attitude to them that has gotten them places. I don't think the loss of guys like Thomas, Chancelor, and Sherman (not to mention the guys upfront) can be overcome, but I think they could surprise some people in the playoffs. I know I wouldn't want to play them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I just threw up in my mouth. 

Same team that traded a second for a half year rental of Sheldon Richardson, and a second for Brett Hundley. 

... and yet they're 8-5, could easily be 10-3, and have one of the most dynamic young rosters in the league!

Just now, whatdrought said:

Seattles an interesting team in the NFC because they've always had a "never say die" attitude to them that has gotten them places. I don't think the loss of guys like Thomas, Chancelor, and Sherman (not to mention the guys upfront) can be overcome, but I think they could surprise some people in the playoffs. I know I wouldn't want to play them. 

Me either. They are in every game. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

... and yet they're 8-5, could easily be 10-3, and have one of the most dynamic young rosters in the league!

Me either. They are in every game. 

The sneaky thing too is Russell Wilson is averaging one of the lowest yards per game in the league.  

Pete Carroll is insanely underrated. One of the best coaches of this generation. 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My bad- I was confusing it with that report that they had offered a second for Jacoby Brissett. I got my lines crossed. 

Anyways- Graham was a good player for a while, but his numbers were down before the trade and I know that I thought at the time it was a mistake. 

They also paid a pretty penny for Percy Harvin, which didn't really pan out very well for them. (although that was mostly due to injury) 

Percy! Now there’s a name of a can’t miss  speedster that I wish the Bills had thrown some investment at...wait, what was that? ?

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The sneaky thing too is Russell Wilson is averaging one of the lowest yards per game in the league.  

Pete Carroll is insanely underrated. One of the best coaches of this generation. 

I wouldn't take anything away from Russell Wilson though. He may not always put up the numbers, but he compensates for so many deficiencies around him on offense, he and Pete Carroll together are a big reason they seem to consistently get by with so little.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

c'mon, you can tell us about it...

he's being modest

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

c'mon, you can tell us about it...

Well I played RB so we weren't really on the field at the same time unless I was in at DB which I did every now and then...Unger went to HPA which is a very upscale and expensive prep school and we were a very standard public high school so they were kind of a rival, but not really because they just used to obliterate us. He was never the biggest or strongest guy (but definitely big and strong back then, for HS ball) a little tall for C tbh although I seem to remember him at G, and he was definitely a G at Oregon. That's one of the reasons I'm not shocked to hear he's rarely penalized, technique for a G transitioning to center, plus height and relatively underweight...needs to be very sure of his form instead of relying on pure strength.

• Like (+1) 1