Amazing Max Unger Stat

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I just threw up in my mouth. 

Same team that traded a second for a half year rental of Sheldon Richardson, and a second for Brett Hundley. 

Huh?  Hundley was traded for a 6th and the Seahawks are 8-5 this year.  The Unger stat is impressive but I don’t get the fake information. Jimmy Graham was one of the best weapons in the nfl when he was traded.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh?  Hundley was traded for a 6th and the Seahawks are 8-5 this year.  The Unger stat is impressive but I don’t get the fake information. Jimmy Graham was one of the best weapons in the nfl when he was traded.

My bad- I was confusing it with that report that they had offered a second for Jacoby Brissett. I got my lines crossed. 

Anyways- Graham was a good player for a while, but his numbers were down before the trade and I know that I thought at the time it was a mistake. 

They also paid a pretty penny for Percy Harvin, which didn't really pan out very well for them. (although that was mostly due to injury) 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My bad- I was confusing it with that report that they had offered a second for Jacoby Brissett. I got my lines crossed. 

Anyways- Graham was a good player for a while, but his numbers were down before the trade and I know that I thought at the time it was a mistake. 

They also paid a pretty penny for Percy Harvin, which didn't really pan out very well for them. (although that was mostly due to injury) 

I loved Graham and thought it was a god trade at the time.  He was dominant and C is not that hard of a position to find.  But injuries caught up to Graham.  I also think playing in front of Brees helps to.

and the Seahawks take chances like Whitehurst and Matt Flynn.  They are never settling which I respect.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I loved Graham and thought it was a god trade at the time.  He was dominant and C is not that hard of a position to find.  But injuries caught up to Graham.  I also think playing in front of Brees helps to.

and the Seahawks take chances like Whitehurst and Matt Flynn.  They are never settling which I respect.

Yeah, that was my problem with the Graham trade- I thought (and seemingly, have been proved correct) that he was a product of the system and that his success would not be duplicated.

C isn't traditionally a hard position to find, but the Seahawks have had terrible offensive lines for some time and Unger was a rock in the middle. It's hard to argue that Max Unger plus a first round pick would not have done more for the Hawks than Graham did. 

I do agree that their constant movement is a good thing, but I think when they try to hit a homerun they (more often than not) come up short. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, that was my problem with the Graham trade- I thought (and seemingly, have been proved correct) that he was a product of the system and that his success would not be duplicated.

C isn't traditionally a hard position to find, but the Seahawks have had terrible offensive lines for some time and Unger was a rock in the middle. It's hard to argue that Max Unger plus a first round pick would not have done more for the Hawks than Graham did. 

I do agree that their constant movement is a good thing, but I think when they try to hit a homerun they (more often than not) come up short. 

Don’t really disagree with anything.  Obviously playing with Brees was huge for JG.  He’s had some bad injury and they catch up with every player.  But yeah, looks like a very good deal for the Saints now.

but it’s hard to argue with the success of Seattle.  They have basically rebuilt their SB teams and are right back to being a playoff contender.

• Like (+1) 1