Carson Wentz Again Ruled Out This Week with a Back Injury; Could Be Shut Down for the Season, But He Wants to Play

26CornerBlitz

Nick Foles can handle a couple games.  He's in kind of a nice position, actually.  He doesn't have to take a beating week after week, but he gets to play once in a while.  He receives a very nice salary.  The team wins when he plays, and he even gets a good chunk of credit for winning the Super Bowl. 

Edited by TigerJ

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don’t watch every Eagles game by any stretch, but to my eye Foles looks better and their offense functions differently with him at QB. Doesn’t mean a thing , but who knows what the Eagles think of the situation. If Foles guides them to a playoff berth and possibly a deep run, their QB situation will be a real thing. Personally, I hope it doesn’t happen because it would mean HOU losing @ PHL which would greatly help the Patriots seeding. An interesting situation in Philly nonetheless. 

ANALYSIS
0ap3000001001638.jpg&f=jpg&w=1280&c=80

David Carr speaks from personal experience when he says that Carson Wentz shouldn't play another snap in 2018. Plus, see how Week 15 affected his latest offensive player rankings.

The Philadelphia Eagles have to feel a sense of déjà vu right about now.

The Eagles are back where they started almost exactly a year ago, when quarterback Carson Wentzsuffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 14, and Nick Foles stepped in to lead the team to its first-ever Super Bowl title. Last week, it was reported that Wentz has a fracture in his back. Then, he did not play in Sunday's game versus the Los Angeles Rams, and Foles led the Eagles to a season-saving win. Following the victory, head coach Doug Pederson said Monday that the veteran will start in Week 16, and that Wentz will NOT go on IR despite his fractured back.

Luckily for the Eagles, Doug Pederson is smart enough to recognize who Carson Wentz and Nick Foles are.

One is a flash in the pan backup and the other is a franchise QB who's had a bit of bad luck.

I love Allen, but it would be amazing if he can duplicate the success Wentz has had when he's on the field. 

5 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

used to listen to WIP when it was on 610.

Yeah with Eskin and that Uber Italian guy in the morning. That was funny stuff... you know the guy who has rhea Hughes on with him

Edited by Joe in Winslow

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Carson Wentz Again Ruled Out This Week with a Back Injury; Could Be Shut Down for the Season, But He Wants to Play
On 12/19/2018 at 4:34 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah with Eskin and that Uber Italian guy in the morning. That was funny stuff... you know the guy who has rhea Hughes on with him

I'm guessing Angelo Cataldi with Rhea and the crew doing the morning show, Wing Bowls and Miss WIP. Al Morganti was also on, but Angelo was the ring leader.

Eskin calling his callers dopes, nitwits and morons. If a woman called he would ask why she was out of the kitchen and what they were making for dinner.

Liked Jody Mac for some sanity.

Big Daddy Graham overnight.

Good times in Philly. Late 90's to early 2000's were a fun time to be there.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'm guessing Angelo Cataldi with Rhea and the crew doing the morning show, Wing Bowls and Miss WIP. Al Morganti was also on, but Angelo was the ring leader.

Eskin calling his callers dopes, nitwits and morons. If a woman called he would ask why she was out of the kitchen and what they were making for dinner.

Liked Jody Mac for some sanity.

Big Daddy Graham overnight.

Good times in Philly. Late 90's to early 2000's were a fun time to be there.

YES! Haha cataldi and Morganti were great!

• Like (+1) 1