Carson Wentz Again Ruled Out This Week with a Back Injury; Could Be Shut Down for the Season, But He Wants to Play

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

The best. I lived in Delaware for a short while. The morning guys were a little too jokey for my taste but still enjoyed listening. Roy Didinger was an excellent X's and O's fellow.

Ray Didinger is still on WIP.  Just heard him today. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

The best. I lived in Delaware for a short while. The morning guys were a little too jokey for my taste but still enjoyed listening. Roy Didinger was an excellent X's and O's fellow.

Didinger was great and Glen McNow. Glen was raised in Buffalo and would mention the Bills and Sabres from time to time, but 2000-2010 were pretty dark days for Buffalo Sports teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Didinger was great and Glen McNow. Glen was raised in Buffalo and would mention the Bills and Sabres from time to time, but 2000-2010 were pretty dark days for Buffalo Sports teams.

If I remember correctly and it's been awhile(RAY Didinger), he (Glen) bashed our city quite a bit. I don't get too caught up in that because everyone has their opinion. 

Not sure if it was Glen or one of the other fellows, but he always bashed Buffalo. The guy I'm thinking of.

Edited by BillsSB2020

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ray Didinger is still on WIP.  Just heard him today. 

I think most these guys are, but since the switch to FM the signal doesn't seem to quite carry as far regionally.

Looks like Joe lives near my friend in the Berlin/ Vorhees area. I couldn't pick up 94 that well.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Yeah. He comes on WGR from time to time as a guest and he's friends with Mike Schopp. 

Had no idea there was as much of a Bills fan presence in Philly/ SNJ/ Del

I remember wearing Bills gear during the Edwards/ Losman days. Even rough Philadelphia fans would do a double take.

One even told me he usually bashes guys wearing out of town jerseys in Philly, but it must be real love to wear Bills colors.

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think most these guys are, but since the switch to FM the signal doesn't seem to quite carry as far regionally.

Looks like Joe lives near my friend in the Berlin/ Vorhees area. I couldn't pick up 94 that well.

Ya I’m about 10 minutes from Berlin. 

On 12/18/2018 at 11:03 PM, Gugny said:

Barkley is our Kevin Kolb.

...naw he avoids any and all mats........Kolb easily is in the top 5 of WORST OBD FA signings.....b etween Eagles and 'Zona, he was concussed a minimum of FIVE times......his gray matter was worse than your two scrambled with bacon breakfast.....the "mat" was the final straw.....he never saw it......the noodle was gone...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

26 - Even you must be coming around to the idea that Foles is actually pretty damn good, right? That was a helluva show yesterday by him against a good team.

He is in stretches.  Yesterday he was phenomenal. Consistency has always been an issue with him. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He is in stretches.  Yesterday he was phenomenal. Consistency has always been an issue with him. 

I'd qualify that further and say that while he has some bad games, his most notable tendency is to come up big in big games. Bear in mind that he played really well in that playoff game they lost to NO on the last second in 2013.

Edited by dave mcbride

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'd qualify that further and say that while he has some bad games, his most notable tendency is to come up big in big games. Bear in mind that he played really well in that playoff game they lost to NO on the last second in 2013.

He's aquitted himself well in postseason games with excellent performances in 3 of the 4 appearances.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, BillsSB2020 said:

Luckily for the Eagles, Doug Pederson is smart enough to recognize who Carson Wentz and Nick Foles are.

One is a flash in the pan backup and the other is a franchise QB who's had a bit of bad luck.

One is a Super Bowl MVP who beat first place Texans (on the road) and first place Rams to resuscitate the playoff hopes that the "franchise QB" helped squander before his on schedule late season (ending) injury.

Fixed for accuracy.

Saw some rumblings on the Pats board about them *hoping* the Eagles make a commitment to Foles and somehow the Pats make a big trade for Wentz as their next QB.  I don't think that would ever happen, but interesting to see NE fans grasp as the Tom Brady era closes.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Saw some rumblings on the Pats board about them *hoping* the Eagles make a commitment to Foles and somehow the Pats make a big trade for Wentz as their next QB.  I don't think that would ever happen, but interesting to see NE fans grasp as the Tom Brady era closes.

Looking at the games, the media rumblings and potential outcome to the Eagles season was just thinking to myself

That one of those QBs (Wentz/Foles) is going to be the AFC EAST in 2019.  Was thinking more Miami though 

Let's overreact to Week 16: Has Nick Foles overtaken Carson Wentz?

r481205_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570

Dan Graziano, ESPN Staff Writer

Nick Foles deserves to be the Eagles' starting quarterback, even once Carson Wentz is healthy

Is this really happening again? Is Foles really stepping in for an injured Wentz in December and leading the Eagles to important victories? Everyone's favorite Napoleon Dynamite lookalike completed 35 of 49 passes for 471 yards and four touchdowns in a game the Eagles needed to win in order to keep their playoff hopes alive. He beat the first-place Texans at home one week after beating the first-place Rams on the road. The Eagles can still make the playoffs if they win next week and the Vikings lose to the Bears. And if they get in, the defending Super Bowl champs are loaded with guys who know what it takes to win big games in January. Foles, the reigning Super Bowl MVP, is one of them.

Graziano's verdict: OVERREACTION. This is the perfect example of "don't get fooled by the small sample size." Foles may be the perfect backup quarterback, since you know he can step in if needed and win you a few games -- even if one of those games is the Super Bowl. But did we forget about how he started the season? Have we not yet learned our lesson about Foles and consistency? Was there something about the way Wentz was playing before he got hurt that should lead the Eagles to doubt their long-term commitment to him? If anything, the way Foles is finishing this season provides the Eagles, who should have traded him last year when he was at all-time-high value, a second chance to get something in return. Of course, if he leads them to a second straight Super Bowl title, that's going to be a hard sell to the fan base. But the people who run the Eagles are a patient, big-picture bunch, and the bet here is that they're still all-in on Wentz for the long term. As they should be.