Why do the gays love the dems so much ?

Teddy KGB

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Again I say…oh brother. And yes if you use imprecise distinctions in the definition of words it waters down anything you’re trying to describe. That’s true for every type of word you use and has nothing to do with your bigotry nonsense.  And I still have no idea why this would be in any way offensive to gay men. I’m pretty sure they already know that they’re gay!! But we all know the real agenda is just what you stated…to minimize the significance of traditional marriage. 

Please explain exactly how using the word marriage for everyone diminishes the significance for one group that is included in that very definition? Please add exact as possible. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Again I say…oh brother. And yes if you use imprecise distinctions in the definition of words it waters down anything you’re trying to describe. That’s true for every type of word you use and has nothing to do with your bigotry nonsense.  And I still have no idea why this would be in any way offensive to gay men. I’m pretty sure they already know that they’re gay!! But we all know the real agenda is just what you stated…to minimize the significance of traditional marriage. 

Oh BROTHER - JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Your claim is that the real agenda for gays is to minimize the significance of marriage?

Can you provide proof of that statement?

And can you define traditional significance of marriage?

12 hours ago, cle23 said:

Please explain exactly how using the word marriage for everyone diminishes the significance for one group that is included in that very definition? Please add exact as possible. 

I’ve gone over it already, a few times, but you don’t want to hear it. You just want to circle back to your need for in your face conflict. I didn’t say it diminishes traditional marriage. I said that was the partial intent of those advocating for gay marriage. Once again, for the kids in the back, the purpose of language is to clarify communication. Using the same word to describe many different things does the exact opposite. A German Shepherd and a cocker spaniel are both dogs but we use different words to describe them. It simply helps society communicate more clearly. It doesn’t make either one less of a dog! 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve gone over it already, a few times, but you don’t want to hear it. You just want to circle back to your need for in your face conflict. I didn’t say it diminishes traditional marriage. I said that was the partial intent of those advocating for gay marriage. Once again, for the kids in the back, the purpose of language is to clarify communication. Using the same word to describe many different things does the exact opposite. A German Shepherd and a cocker spaniel are both dogs but we use different words to describe them. It simply helps society communicate more clearly. It doesn’t make either one less of a dog! 

Right.  Dogs are still dogs though.  All of them.  No matter the breed, they are still dogs.  Marriage is marriage, no matter the "type" of marriage.  You can specify more if you'd like, but the very definition of marriage covers all the marriages that are available, so why make a different word for it?  Also, in the eyes of the law, they are all simply marriages.  

Calling them all the same thing doesn't diminish the marriage of anyone.  I really don't understand how it "doesn't diminish traditional marriage" and yet you say that is the partial intent of people advocating for gay marriage is to diminish traditional marriage.  Every single person I've met, gay or straight, that supports gay marriage simply does so because they feel that everyone should have the same right and benefits.  I'm not gay, and I've been married for 12+ years now.  Not one one person's marriage has changed or diminished anything about mine in any way.

None of this has anything to do with "in your face conflict."  It's a discussion, and I personally don't understand your position, as to me, it makes zero sense.  I haven't made any personal attacks or anything of the sort.  That's why I ask for clarification, because I feel like some of your statements are contradicting each other.  

Edited by cle23

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Right.  Dogs are still dogs though.  All of them.  No matter the breed, they are still dogs.  Marriage is marriage, no matter the "type" of marriage.  You can specify more if you'd like, but the very definition of marriage covers all the marriages that are available, so why make a different word for it?  

Calling them all the same thing doesn't diminish the marriage of anyone.  I really don't understand how it "doesn't diminish traditional marriage" and yet you say that is the partial intent of people advocating for gay marriage is to diminish traditional marriage.  Every single person I've met, gay or straight, that supports gay marriage simply does so because they feel that everyone should have the same right and benefits.  I'm not gay, and I've been married for 12+ years now.  Not one one person's marriage has changed or diminished anything about mine in any way.

None of this has anything to do with "in your face conflict."  It's a discussion, and I personally don't understand your position, as to me, it makes zero sense.  I haven't made any personal attacks or anything of the sort.  That's why I ask for clarification, because I feel like some of your statements are contradicting each other.  

Thanks for the discussion. It’s really appreciated. I try to be an outside the box thinker. I cannot stand hyphenated America. And I hate the fact that we have very uncreative people steering our discourse in the media, advocacy groups, and government so instead of looking for compromise they look for ways to actually enhance the conflict. I feel the same way about abortion and have said so many times on here. We simply have to look for ways to get along lest we end up in an existential divide. 

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for the discussion. It’s really appreciated. I try to be an outside the box thinker. I cannot stand hyphenated America. And I hate the fact that we have very uncreative people steering our discourse in the media, advocacy groups, and government so instead of looking for compromise they look for ways to actually enhance the conflict. I feel the same way about abortion and have said so many times on here. We simply have to look for ways to get along lest we end up in an existential divide

You hate hyphenated America but you can't stand the thought of GAY-MARRIANGE? 

Existential divide? COMPROMISE? As long as we ALL live according to YOUR RULES?  GTHOF.

If you don't want a gay marriage - don't have one!

If you don't want an abortion - don't have one!

Man, you are a bigot and it shines EVERY DAY.

You are so insecure and threatened by gays, history, marriage which REALLY begs the question ---> WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?

It is ok for Donald Trump to get MARRIED three times and CHEAT EVERY SINGLE TIME... and that doesn't ruin the sanctity of marriage but a gay couple wants to get married and they should find a NEW WORD FOR IT...?

And yet, in your demented world - MARRRIAGE MEANS A UNION BETWEEN MAN AND WOAMN - but if you actually look it up - it is a HELLUVALOT broader than that.

Get the heck out of here you bigot.

Edited by BillStime

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You hate hyphenated America but you can't stand the thought of GAY-MARRIANGE? 

Existential divide? COMPROMISE? As long as we ALL live according to YOUR RULES?  GTHOF.

Man, you are a bigot and it shines EVERY DAY.

You are so insecure and threatened by gays, history, marriage which REALLY begs the question ---> WHAT YOU ARE HIDING?

It is ok for Donald Trump to get MARRIED three times and CHEAT EVERY SINGLE TIME... and that doesn't ruin the sanctity of marriage but a gay couple wants to get married and they should find a NEW WORD FOR IT...?

And yet, in your demented world - MARRRIAGE MEANS A UNION BETWEEN MAN AND WOAMN - but if you actually look it up - it is a HELLUVALOT broader than that.

Get the heck out of here you bigot.

Okie Dokie…thanks for sharing your thoughts this morning. Keep up the Trump hate and name calling.  It’s where you live.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Okie Dokie…thanks for sharing your thoughts this morning. Keep up the Trump hate and name calling.  It’s where you live.

Where I live?

No, that's where you THRIVE and you share your hate and hide it behind utter nonsense.

Gays should find a new WORD FOR MARRRIAGE?

WTF is wrong with you...

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

👆🤡

Why do the gays love the dems so much?

👇🤡

So it sounds like you’re saying we don’t need all of these new words and letters (LGBTQ…) to distinguish between people. Everyone is just a person….right? 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So it sounds like you’re saying we don’t need all of these new words and letters (LGBTQ…) to distinguish between people. Everyone is just a person….right? 

OH, look who is back from more?

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Likewise…old friend 

I used to respect you.  Even impressed with your architectural experience and POV on the new stadium.

But in the past couple weeks you showed your true colors; we are not friends.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I used to respect you.  Even impressed with your architectural experience and POV on the new stadium.

But in the past couple weeks you showed your true colors; we are not friends.

Because I don’t agree with your opinion on many things. I see. You don’t disagree with people? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

If you don't want a slave - don't have one!

Edited by LeviF

30 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Based on your post here and your post in is in the other thread, It's pretty evident that you're a troll but not a very good one.

Yes, judging by your incredibly serious and intensely consequential debate over whether our gay friends should call their unions “marriage” we really won’t get along. Feel free to ignore and you can post shitlib, midwit tropes in peace.