Any WRs via high draft pick or FA in this off-season that give us a bonafide #1?

Bing Bong

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Kelvin Benjamin 2.0. I am over these type of players they never pan out. 

Except Benjamin couldn’t catch and wasn’t a very good route runner.

So, not even close to Benjamin 2.0.

4 minutes ago, Antonio said:

I think he is physical and with great vision, but is he really fast? If he is fast why does he has so many contested catches? I´m worry he uses his body to catch a lot insted of his hands. 

Insert this comment ad nauseum for Mike Evans before the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Draft class at WR is loaded. 

Free agent class is terrible. 

Ehh...I would say the draft class is good, but not “loaded” like in 2014.  There will not be good value in the first round for WR’s where we are currently projected to pick.  We are in Josh Allen, Jonah Williams, Greedy Williams, Clelin Ferell territory.  Value for WR’s will be in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, IMO.  Although I wouldn’t be opposed to Harry or Metcalf if we were to trade back into the later 1st round.

8 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Except Benjamin couldn’t catch and wasn’t a very good route runner.

So, not even close to Benjamin 2.0.

Insert this comment ad nauseum for Mike Evans before the draft.

Alshon Jeffrey and Evans and young Gronk and others. When they can high point a ball with the best of them, the it's so unfair to undersized corners. I only want one of this type but this type is awesome to have if your QB can use it.

Also Mike Evans is more than fast enough to do everything for a no. 1. Alshon Jeffrey not so much but he's still have the reason Nick Foles' could drop bombs to him with ease the entire playoff run.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

44 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Don't forget you got Marquise Brown, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Harry, Johnson going ahead of him. First WR will probably come off the board in the mid teens. How many go in the 1st-2nd round? Maybe Campbell can sneak into the late 2nd. Maybe he slips to us RD3?

It is surely a DEEP WR class this year imo and it comes at just the right time for us if we can get the picks right. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Sign Tyrell Williams in FA, only 26 with speed and has size at 6’4” and draft either Metcalf or Brown imo. 

I totally agree, with Williams, Foster, Zay and McKenzie we would have a solid group.  If we can sign Darryl Williams the Carolina tackle, add Matt Paradis and another guard in FA, we can focus with a CB, DT if Kyle retires, another LB, RB, TE and S, would also draft another OT.

If Greedy Williams the LSU CB is available I would run up to the podium with the 1st round pick

With Tre and Greedy on the corners and Tauron in the slot with Hyde and Poyer at safety, wow.  

Then an I think based on FA move, we need in order an OT, TE, LB, RB in rounds 2-4.

This is how I see things

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

I think he is physical and with great vision, but is he really fast? If he is fast why does he has so many contested catches? I´m worry he uses his body to catch a lot insted of his hands. 

I don't see anyone running him down as he sprints by them. He's not Marquise Goodwin or Tyreek Hill fast, but more than fast enough for the NFL.

Also, contested catches are not always the product of a WR not being fast. QBs with good rapports with their WRs often throw to spots where they expect them to be and compete for the ball. Its easy to trust your WR to make a play when he's as big and tall  as N'Keal.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That's my ultimate priority I want to see this off-season. I know we have the money and likely a decent draft position. I'd take an elite pass rusher if it's there for the taking and no great WR or OL is available but I want a stud WR and OL, OL, OL, OL.

I have no idea if there's that guy in the top 10 in the draft. Don't want to reach for a Ted Ginn type if this draft is weak. And if Tyrell Williams is available (I keep hearing him come up), he's a solid get we should go after but that's not enough IMO.

Who's the best guy in the draft ? Who's the best guy likely available in FA? That's essentially my question.

But...but...we have Jones and Foster.

No worries.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Harry is a beast.  I am a-ok with drafting Harry in 1st.  There is a great chance he is first WR off board, and goes top 10.  And he is a great returner.  Our weak ass special teams could use his return skills.  When was the last time a Bills returner took it to the house?

So.....KB type size but he actually returns?

Sign me up

I feel like we have the take the lid off guy now in Foster

We have the quick Rosco Parrish guy in McKenzie

We have the hopefully still improving slot guy in Zay

We need to replace the throw it up and get it red zone guy that KB was not

Sign me up

6 hours ago, Antonio said:

This is exactly my issue with Harry. He uses his body to catch far too often. Metcalf uses his hands and highpoints the ball, which is impossibly hard to stop in the NFL when the WR doing so is 6'2". Harry might be good, but I think he has a high likelyhood to bust because he's not fast enough to create his own space, and he doesn't use his hands to catch the ball (especially in contested situations).

If we can't take Metcalf in the first, I'd be on board with Collin or Anthony Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd (whatever the board dictates). Im avoiding Harry at all costs.

16 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Shannon Sharpe says he plays with a piano on his back ?.

But no i'd love it. Have a hard time seeing McDermott go for it but seems like a good fit for Allen . I wouldn't bank on him being my no. 1 however. Really looking for a stud here.

I think our need for literally every offensive position other than Quarterback gives us leeway for BPA regardless. Ideally WR but whatever. Any position on offense.

Well he's pacing at 1,120 yds for a 16 game season coming in late to camp and New England.  He's on a team that spreads the ball around, yet he's getting his.  

I know he's a risk but finding WR's is one hard task.  I feel somewhat hopeful about some of our young guys but I don't think they're stars.  I'm of the opinion that talented WR's are needed for a young QB to make him better.  Then if the QB develops into one of the top QB's - they can do with less because they can make WR's better than they are.  However, if you don't get a young QB WR's it can stunt their development and they mire in mediocrity.    We see this happen all the time in the NFL.  

It's a critical problem we have and all options should be taken with an open mind.  

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I imagine so with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams already in the fold. Tyrell will probably be looking for a larger role than the one he has with the Chargers and in a weak free agency class, someone will probably pay him a lot of money.

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I do, he’s going to want to get paid along with having a larger role, and a franchise like the bills will more than likely over pay for his services. 

Plus, they’ll have several positions to fill and rank 20th in cap space. 

Just curious as to how much money you guys are thinking he wants.

5 minutes ago, STL-Bills said:

This is exactly my issue with Harry. He uses his body to catch far too often. Metcalf uses his hands and highpoints the ball, which is impossibly hard to stop in the NFL when the WR doing so is 6'2". Harry might be good, but I think he has a high likelyhood to bust because he's not fast enough to create his own space, and he doesn't use his hands to catch the ball (especially in contested situations).

If we can't take Metcalf in the first, I'd be on board with Collin or Anthony Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd (whatever the board dictates). Im avoiding Harry at all costs.

I think your wrong on Harry but your entitled to your opinion.

A guy that returns on special teams is not slow

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think your wrong on Harry but your entitled to your opinion.

A guy that returns on special teams is not slow

You're a smart guy, John. The special teams units in college aren't near the same speed as they are in the league. I'd say there's about a 0.5% chance Harry plays any ST in the pros (not because his team wants to protect their asset, but because he isn't fast enough). I never said he was slow, simply stated he isn't fast enough to create the separation needed to be successful as an X in today's NFL. I hope I'm wrong, and he has a great career (and learns to go for the ball with his hands instead of cradling it in his chest!) :)

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just curious as to how much money you guys are thinking he wants.

I would guess 3-4 years and somewhere between 9-11 million per year but that's just a guess on my part. In a normal year I think he'd be more in the $7-9 million range but there's more money to go around this offseason than usual and less WR options in free agency, so I'm guessing it'll inflate his price.

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I would guess 3-4 years and somewhere between 9-11 million per year but that's just a guess on my part. In a normal year I think he'd be more in the $7-9 million range but there's more money to go around this offseason than usual and less WR options in free agency, so I'm guessing it'll inflate his price.

Thanks.  After the dust settles after this years FA that would put him in the 27-30 range at 10 million a year.

That's not outrageous for a want-to-be #1.

I don't know what was on that N'Keal Harry video...I didn't bother watching it because I saw almost all of the kid's games...but I can't imagine that it shows him making so many catches against his body that it is a serious issue. It just is not what I've seen over the past three seasons. As I said before, I can buy into the idea he could get marked down on speed. And I'm not seeing him as anyone's primary punt returner, but I can see him filling in there competently if needed. And lastly, the comparisons to Benjamin are garbage. That guy was a one trick pony...catching fades in one-on-one coverage. He never showed the skill that Harry has right now at creating space for himself and for gaining yards after the catch, and he's been chronically out of shape at least since he got hurt in his 2nd season.

Edited by Red Squirrel
needed to add the guy's name