Black Monday Is Coming: Which Coaches Get Fired?

Black Monday Is Coming: Which Coaches Get Fired?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Which coaches get fired after the regular season?

• Sean McDermott - Buffalo Bills
    • Todd Bowles - NYJ
    • Adam Gase - Miami
    • Doug E. Marrone - Jacksonville
    • John Harbaugh - Baltimore
    • Vance Joseph - Denver
    • Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati
    • Gregggggg Williams - Cleveland
    • Joe Philbin - GB
    • Dirk Koetter - Tampa Bay
    • Steve Wilkes - Arizona
    • Ron Rivera - Carolina
    • Jay Gruden - Washington
    • Mike Zimmer - Minnesota

17 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

We just lost to the 3-9 Jets, at home, where they needed to come from behind in the last few minutes and win the game.

Who are we going to beat ?

Trust the process ?

"Process" is something you put in your hair to take the curls out..................

Beane is a dumb kid learning how to be a GM, for the first time.

McDermott is a dumb kid, learning how to be a HC, for the first time.

J Allen is a dumb kid learning how to be a NFL QB, for the first time.

They/we have a long way to go to get to the playoffs again.

B Fan in LA is a dumb kid learning to post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 11:41 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's misleading to list interim coaches such as Philbin and Williams.  They aren't hired as head coaches, they're filling in due to a firing, so they kind of can't be fired from a position they haven't really held.

I can't find anyplace where either the Ravens or Harbaugh have formally confirmed this, but La Canfora reported a while back that Harbaugh and the Ravens would "mutually part ways" after this season.

Wilks just came to the Cardinals last January.   A year?  Yikes.

Wouldnt be the first time. Dolphins fired Cam Cameron after 1 year.

19 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Wouldnt be the first time. Dolphins fired Cam Cameron after 1 year.

Mularkey got fired after one year in Jacksonville..... Chip got fired after one year in San Fran.... Chud got fired after one year in Cleveland.... it does happen. Vance Joseph nearly got fired after 1 year in Denver too.

Bowles is an obvious choice, but I would not be surprised if he gets another year to see what he can do with a (potentially) legit QB.

I think Marrone will be retained for the same reason. Jax will draft a QB in round one, I believe.

Vance Joseph in Denver is my lock to be fired.

The fact McD is on this list is crazy.  The fact 6 people voted for him is utterly insane.

There is literally no chance McD is on the hot seat or gets fired.  

All of these things are more likely to occur than McD getting fired:

1.  Trading Zay Jones straight up for Antonio Brown.

2.  Trump buys team from Pegulas.

3.  End of American obesity. 

4.  Obama elected for a third term.

5.  Saturday Night Live becomes funny again.

6.  Tupac reveals he faked his death on Conan and then headlines Coachella with his halogram as his hype man.

7.  Goodell admits he is an a**hole and ruining the game because he has a real medical condition where a literal stick is lodged in his a**.

8.  Roseanne comes back to the show “The Conners”

9.  Rosie O’donnel reveals Cohen also paid her hush money to cover up hot love affair with Trump.

10.  Bacon no longer tastes good.

11.  The cast of Jersey Shore all win Emmys

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The fact McD is on this list is crazy.  The fact 6 people voted for him is utterly insane.

There is literally no chance McD is on the hot seat or gets fired.  

All of these things are more likely to occur than McD getting fired:

1.  Trading Zay Jones straight up for Antonio Brown.

2.  Trump buys team from Pegulas.

3.  End of American obesity. 

4.  Obama elected for a third term.

5.  Saturday Night Live becomes funny again.

6.  Tupac reveals he faked his death on Conan and then headlines Coachella with his halogram as his hype man.

7.  Goodell admits he is an a**hole and ruining the game because he has a real medical condition where a literal stick is lodged in his a**.

8.  Roseanne comes back to the show “The Conners”

9.  Rosie O’donnel reveals Cohen also paid her hush money to cover up hot love affair with Trump.

10.  Bacon no longer tastes good.

11.  The cast of Jersey Shore all win Emmys

I will take door number four. Maybe number six.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's probably not going to happen... but next year is make or break for him, IMO.

I do agree that next year will be pivotal and there will need to be progress or he his seat will likely start getting warm

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 12/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, Nihilarian said:

It's going to be a very interesting offseason because of the limited amount of quality assistants out there. Harbaugh stated he isn't leaving Michigan. David Shaw might leave Stanford for the right job.

I think the biggest fish out there will be Mike McCarthy as the man did help develop Aaron Rodgers and won a super bowl. The guy does have a 125-77-2 record with 8 winning seasons out of 12. 13 Packer players on IR and the last time they were in this same situation record wise they ended up making the playoffs.

Josh McDaniel's would have been my first choice for big fish but he screwed himself when he took the Colts HCing job, hired coaches and then backed out.

Perhaps this is the year that Bill Cowher gets lured out of retirement?I just hope the Jets don't get McCarthy or Cowher.

I would be very happy if the Jets get either of those. McCarthy is a horrible play caller. Horrible. Cowher hasn't coached in a dozen years. I'd be willing to bet in today's NFL he would be out of place. 

23 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Bowles is an obvious choice, but I would not be surprised if he gets another year to see what he can do with a (potentially) legit QB.

I think Marrone will be retained for the same reason. Jax will draft a QB in round one, I believe.

i think he will and i think david carr ends up a jag next year.  they'll have a good draft position in each round. i can see gruden taking a second and a player or a 2nd this year and next.  i suppose a 1st wouldn't be out of the question.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:58 AM, GunnerBill said:

Mularkey got fired after one year in Jacksonville..... Chip got fired after one year in San Fran.... Chud got fired after one year in Cleveland.... it does happen. Vance Joseph nearly got fired after 1 year in Denver too.

...Saban and Petrino both were NFL "one year and adios" HC's by their own choice........

23 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Or they trade with the Giants for Eli, could see that happening too, though Eli has played fairly well of late so the Giants may feel they can get a couple more good years out of him so don't trade him.  But if they did with their own and Jax top 10 picks, they could just about move up to #1 overall with, maybe #2 for certain without throwing in extra picks.  Currently they'd have #6 & #7

On 12/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, Nihilarian said:

It's going to be a very interesting offseason because of the limited amount of quality assistants out there. Harbaugh stated he isn't leaving Michigan. David Shaw might leave Stanford for the right job.

I think the biggest fish out there will be Mike McCarthy as the man did help develop Aaron Rodgers and won a super bowl. The guy does have a 125-77-2 record with 8 winning seasons out of 12. 13 Packer players on IR and the last time they were in this same situation record wise they ended up making the playoffs.

Josh McDaniel's would have been my first choice for big fish but he screwed himself when he took the Colts HCing job, hired coaches and then backed out.

Perhaps this is the year that Bill Cowher gets lured out of retirement?I just hope the Jets don't get McCarthy or Cowher.

Cowler just remarried within the last couple of years.  Could see his wife saying "I didn't sign up for this"   Different with most coaches take McD, likely he was involved with coaching ever since they got married so that's all his wife knows.  Could he become a team president, maybe some position like that.

Todd Bowles ( Fired)

John Harbaugh (mutually part ways) 

Marvin Lewis (steps down to move into front office position) 

Gregg Williams (interim-will not get the job) 

Vance Joseph (fired) 

Jay Gruden (fired) 

Dirk Koetter (fired) 

Joe Philbin (interim-will not get the job)