Black Monday Is Coming: Which Coaches Get Fired?

Black Monday Is Coming: Which Coaches Get Fired?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Which coaches get fired after the regular season?

• Sean McDermott - Buffalo Bills
    • Todd Bowles - NYJ
    • Adam Gase - Miami
    • Doug E. Marrone - Jacksonville
    • John Harbaugh - Baltimore
    • Vance Joseph - Denver
    • Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati
    • Gregggggg Williams - Cleveland
    • Joe Philbin - GB
    • Dirk Koetter - Tampa Bay
    • Steve Wilkes - Arizona
    • Ron Rivera - Carolina
    • Jay Gruden - Washington
    • Mike Zimmer - Minnesota

16 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Dan Quinn falcons coach?

Now that you mention it....   ATL has been not very good   underachieved big time 

Todd Bowles - NYJ
John Harbaugh - Baltimore
Doug E. Marrone - Jacksonville
Jay Gruden - Washington

Retire / move to management - not "fired" 
Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati

Adam Gase - Miami - not with the winning record.

Interim  - Will hold previous job not HC (until a new HC makes a decision  to keep or not)
Gregggggg Williams - Cleveland   
Joe Philbin - GB

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I don't care about any other team except the Bills. Crossman and Castillo gotta go...

McDermott deserves another year at least.

I agree 100%.  The only way I see McDermott getting canned at the end of 2019 is if we:

1) Have a crappy W-L record once again, and

2) haven’t made any noticeable progress as a team, and especially in the areas of pass blocking and wide receivers catching the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I see 2 trolls have voted so far...

Just because they don’t agree doesn’t mean they are trolls.  The level of this tear down will in all probability take five years while still building upon draft capital and unit cohesiveness. Which could lead to two years of 8-8 and 9-7 getting better to finally have a competitive 12-4 record in year 5.  If it “improves in that direction” just have to cross our fingers on that.

21 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Just because they don’t agree doesn’t mean they are trolls.  The level of this tear down will in all probability take five years while still building upon draft capital and unit cohesiveness. Which could lead to two years of 8-8 and 9-7 getting better to finally have a competitive 12-4 record in year 5.  If it “improves in that direction” just have to cross our fingers on that.

you're trolling if you chose McDermott to be fired, period. that number is up to 5 now.

he shouldn't even be on the list. pretty idiotic to believe he would be fired in year two. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're trolling if you chose McDermott to be fired, period. that number is up to 5 now.

he shouldn't even be on the list. pretty idiotic to believe he would be fired in year two. 

It’s not trolling people, some just don’t feel the need to wait.  A stasicial anomoly would be using Doug Pederson as an example.  Who is now feeling a bit of a pinch with Wentz having not fully recovered.  It all depends on how things work out in a law of averages; a tear down to the studs would take five years to have a competitor.  

Edited by Thriftygamer83

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

It’s not trolling people, some just don’t feel the need to wait.  A stasicial anomoly would be using Doug Pederson as an example.  Who is now feeling a bit of a pinch with Wentz having not fully recovered.  It all depends on how things work out in a law of averages; a tear down to the studs would take five years to have a competitor.  

let me put it this way. you vote for a 2nd year coach to be fired after a first season of breaking the 17 year drought on top of the fact that it will take, as you say, likely 5 years to get the roster straight, you're trolling. you don't fire a HC in the second year of a rebuild. you may not like his bald head, clapping or his conservative coaching style but he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I agree 100%.  The only way I see McDermott getting canned at the end of 2019 is if we:

1) Have a crappy W-L record once again, and

2) haven’t made any noticeable progress as a team, and especially in the areas of pass blocking and wide receivers catching the ball.

...agree.....table is set for 2019 via draft (10 picks) and FA ($$$) to be one of THE most pivotal years for Bflo in the last decade+ or perhaps back to the Polian era.....with that combined capital, McBeane having a staff of 17+ made up of many former exec level NFL personnel guys on Pegula's nickel, if we are in the SAME 4-9 position at this time NEXT year, there is some serious cause for concern IMO.....and there sure as hell needs to be a "top to bottom" critical assessment/review of coaching staff positions....taking heed from TBD posters, names that come to mind are Castillo, Crossman, Culley, Robiskie and even Frazier........are these the right ones to train and develop the potential influx of newly drafted and FA acquired talent?........don't think so.....

No way Zimmer gets fired.

I would be very, very surprised if McDermott were fired, but it's not like some crazy thought.

Coaches with more success have been fired in this league many times over. I think we understand on this board that they're in for the long haul, but the guy is not untouchable.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Don't see Mike Tomlin on the list.  Last year many were calling for him to go, with the latest meltdown losing 4 of the last 5 is it, can see him going.  It's a similar situation to what was going on in Green Bay.  Competitive every year, won a SB few seasons back, but each year getting just a little worse than the year prior.

Pitt will still likely make the playoffs provided they can beat NE (a big if, I know). If they're in, no one is going to want to play them because they can score.

Interestingly, while many here and elsewhere skewered Le'Veon Bell, it's now apparent that he's signficantly better than Conner (especially as a receiver), and Conner is now hurt. Bell's absence has hurt the Steelers. 

Edited by dave mcbride

12 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

One more name to consider, Mike Tomlin. 

Steelers have dropped three in a row and could close out the season on a six game losing streak and miss the playoffs after  7-2-1 start.

...highly doubtful....THREE HC's in 48 years says the Steelers and Colbert ride together through thick and thin.......ptretty sure the previous two as in Noll and Cowher both retired....."firing" does not fit their successful model as in SIX Lombardi's.............

12 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

We just lost to the 3-9 Jets, at home, where they needed to come from behind in the last few minutes and win the game.

Who are we going to beat ?

Trust the process ?

"Process" is something you put in your hair to take the curls out..................

Beane is a dumb kid learning how to be a GM, for the first time.

McDermott is a dumb kid, learning how to be a HC, for the first time.

J Allen is a dumb kid learning how to be a NFL QB, for the first time.

They/we have a long way to go to get to the playoffs again.

You want to make a wager that the Bills will make the playoffs NEXT year?  

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Ah, the King of the TSW Thought Police has spoken!   All hail King DaBillsFanSince1973!

For the record, Sean McDermott won't be fired but he surely deserves it ... just like Dick Jauron after the 2008 season.

Edited by SoTier

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Right. Kind of like Perry Fewell and Anthony Lynn weren't fired per se.

Fewell and Lynn weren’t given the HC position.  Another candidate did and he essentially fired them.  It’s basically the same thing as firing them.  That’s why they are on the list

8 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Marvin Lewis, Ron Rivera, Doug Marrone, Dirk Koetter, and Todd Bowles, I believe,  are as good as gone.

I think Riverboat Ronnie gets 1 more year to turn things around

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Fewell and Lynn weren’t given the HC position.  Another candidate did and he essentially fired them.  It’s basically the same thing as firing them.  That’s why they are on the list

I think Riverboat Ronnie gets 1 more year to turn things around

You may be right - he has had alot of auccess in the past and sometimes that holds alot of weight.

I figure Greg Williams and Joe Philbin are interim head coaches, so they don't really count.  TThey may get a chance to compete when those teams begin the hiring process, or they may not, but it's a given, the teams will consider other candidates as well.