Nate Clements Will Lead the Charge this Sunday Against the Lions; Bills in All Red Color Rush Uniforms

26CornerBlitz

13 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They were both good. I think you're being foolish if you say either is much, much better than the other.

AW had a better career but for a few years Nate was a complete beast and he also returned kickoffs. In his best years Nate was the better player imo.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

AW had a better career but for a few years Nate was a complete beast and he also returned kickoffs. In his best years Nate was the better player imo.

based on what exactly? 

he made less money, less ints, less tds, couldnt return punts. Where was his career better?

10 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

It was Nate who fumbled an INT that would've sealed the week 1 win against Jacksonville in 2004 if he had just fallen down right?

And then he said something like you make the probowl by scoring TDs on defense not by just getting ints

He did that on an INT when on SF 49ers also. Made what should have been game winning INT and only needed to fall down or not fumble, yep guy ran up on him as he just kept running down left sideline for no reason, punched the ball out, other team recovered, and other team then went down and scored to win.

very good player for Bills but dam...dumb.

Damn those things are ugly. Not the worst of the “color rush” unis by a long shot, but still hideous. They should get rid of them.

10 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

It was Nate who fumbled an INT that would've sealed the week 1 win against Jacksonville in 2004 if he had just fallen down right?

And then he said something like you make the probowl by scoring TDs on defense not by just getting ints

That’s not how I remember it. Iirc, he went for the INT instead of batting the ball away and the WR made the catch. JAX scored a couple plays later . 

Why not just let the Bills play in their Bills uniforms; home or away, as was the case for decades?  Those solid colors from head to toe are just an NFL gimmick that results in the teams looking like clown college graduates when the wheel stops on their number and they have to wear the goofy suits.

11 hours ago, BakersBills said:

They didn’t offer him a contract...

he played under a franchise tag then they didn’t want to offer him franchise long term money

He got beat more then Winfield? But got way more money? Are you dumb. Winfield wasn’t anywhere near Clements coverage wise.

cant recall Nate ever dropping any/many Ints And he scored when he got the ball.

yea it was a great move my Marv to let Clements walk then waste a pick a leodis mcklevin ???

they waste more resources trying to replace the guy then if they wouldve would’ve just resigned him

Yea Nate got beat more than Winfield in my opinion, but he also made a lot more plays. I was saying that he didnt drop interceptions, and had way better ball skills. That's why he got paid. 

I could be wrong on some of it. We're debating something from a decade ago. I also don't believe he saw all that money from San Fran, and he never lived up to that contract. Again, I could be wrong. They both were solid corners in my opinion. You're another one of those posters making it's one thing or the other. Rather than the fact they were both pretty good corners. I don't know why anyone would take up that position.

36 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Nate was an awesome player. He just is hated by a lot of Bills fans for leaving. Happy to see him back in the mix. 

Which I don't get that at all. Did I miss something? 

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea Nate got beat more than Winfield in my opinion, but he also made a lot more plays. I was saying that he didnt drop interceptions, and had way better ball skills. That's why he got paid. 

I could be wrong on some of it. We're debating something from a decade ago. I also don't believe he saw all that money from San Fran, and he never lived up to that contract. Again, I could be wrong. They both were solid corners in my opinion. You're another one of those posters making it's one thing or the other. Rather than the fact they were both pretty good corners. I don't know why anyone would take up that position.

Which I don't get that at all. Did I miss something? 

There isn’t a debate, the stats and the money made are all one sided here.