2019 NFL Salary Cap Projected to Be Between $187M and $191.1M

26CornerBlitz

43 minutes ago, Magox said:

Target the best offensive linemen and TE in FA.

Get your WR, RB and more linemen via draft.

There is actually a pretty decent TE crop in free agency this year. I'd like to see them bring in two: possibly someone more experiences as Jared Cook as well as a younger, higher upside player like Maxx Williams. 

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

There is actually a pretty decent TE crop in free agency this year. I'd like to see them bring in two: possibly someone more experiences as Jared Cook as well as a younger, higher upside player like Maxx Williams. 

I thought Maxx Williams was going to be a fantasy monster every year he started out healthy.

Is he not gelling with Flacco? Or has injury problems?

I used to think he was the bomb but feels like he's underperformed in a TE friendly system.

I don't get the hate for Murphy. The guy was coming off a knee injury and stayed relatively healthy this year. Now he has a full offseason of no rehabbing to work on getting stronger. The guy is still fairly young. I could see 2019 being a big year for him. 

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

There’s more attractive destinations for FA’s that also have more money. 

We will have to overpay and I see some disappointment with not getting our guys. 

Not worried about this at all. 

We will be targeting OL and WR.

Offensive Lineman aren't exactly diva's, and a lot of them probably love the Bills Mafia atmosphere.

As far as WR's go, Josh Allen is doing, and can do a lot in these remaining games to help woo guys.  I mean, he's helped turn UDFA Robert Foster into a Rookie of the Week candidate and, along with Zay Jones, legit Fantasy options.  Imagine what he could do with an OL in front of him and receivers that actually catch the ball.

13 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

If the Bills cut McCoy/Clay/Murphy and Ivory they would have about $101.0 millon in cap space in 2019.  Enough for 2-3 Offensive lineman and 2-3 skilled offensive players.McCoy looks done,  Murphy is put together with tape and Clay has been total failure from the day he signed.  Cutting Ivory would only net 2mill saving and Bills may keep him around for experience. Now if they decide to trade or cut Jerry Hughes this goes over $108.5 mill,  this could allow them to sign someone like Jadeveon Clowney .  I believe they could get 4th or 5th rounder for Jerry who has had excellent season.

Jadaveon can play LDE keep Jerry at RDE. Cut Murphy, give that 10m to Clowney. 

12 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm always hesitant about getting the shiniest toy in free agency, it never seems to work out well and you always end up overpaying.  Mario Williams, Suh, Haynesworth come to mind, but I'm sure there are others. This team has lot of holes.  I'd rather get a bunch of solid young NFL players coming off their rookie contract than a couple of over priced all stars.  We are not just one or two players away from contention, we need a lot of help on this roster. Continue to draft strong, bring in good quality lunch pail type players on reasonable contracts, and build the right way for the long term.

It's this kind of radical logical thinking that will get you executed .

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 10:31 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm always hesitant about getting the shiniest toy in free agency, it never seems to work out well and you always end up overpaying.  Mario Williams, Suh, Haynesworth come to mind, but I'm sure there are others. This team has lot of holes.  I'd rather get a bunch of solid young NFL players coming off their rookie contract than a couple of over priced all stars.  We are not just one or two players away from contention, we need a lot of help on this roster. Continue to draft strong, bring in good quality lunch pail type players on reasonable contracts, and build the right way for the long term.

I agree, and I feel pretty confident that Beane and McD see it this way also.  I expect mid-tier free agents, re-signing their own, and continuing to build through the draft.  They need difference-makers on offense though, to take advantage of Allen's potential.

Just now, eball said:

I agree, and I feel pretty confident that Beane and McD see it this way also.  I expect mid-tier free agents, re-signing their own, and continuing to build through the draft.  They need difference-makers on offense though, to take advantage of Allen's potential.

They would be wise to pony up to fortify the OL as most coming out of CFB typically take some time to adjust before making an impact at the NFL level.