The Trump Shutdown

30 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I wonder if he will close unmanned free national parks/monuments by paying parks workers to erect physical barriers like Obama did.

What a fascinating dichotomy in building barriers.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That was one of the lowest things that "richard" did while president. Cost more money to close and guard them, but put a maximum hurt on the public.  Now, normally I would think a President would do something like that so the public would blame the House (Republicans) at the time, but honestly? With Obama? I am sure that petulant #@$!#@ loved causing maximum inconvenience and monetary harm to as many Americans as he possibly could, in the pettiest way possible. 

He had a couple that leased property in Lake Mead evicted from their home just because it was on federal lands. They had lived there for decades. He also had restaurants closed in the Appalachians. Absolute dick.

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You have a funny way of showing it. Let's test this premise: 

1) Do you believe in borders?

2) Do you believe that people the world over have a right to be Americans if they so choose?

I support a wall backed up by electronic surveillance . 

I support legal immigration and work permits as needed.

The $5B now and then more to finish the wall should come from less tax cuts not more borrowing.  jmo

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

violates state's rights, as the federal government will be overriding the enumerated powers that they are supposed to have regarding enforcement

States rights regarding immigration? You really are some kind of Stupid aren't you?

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

A) Can you actually give me data as to how physical security has stopped crossings? This is a legitimate question, not a trap. I am rather curious if you have any facts that can be verified.

Let's see... countries with walls in this globalist society?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-border-walls.html

You are not a libertarian, your either lying or fooling yourself. Your also not an independent because there is nothing in what you posted that is independent thought. You're just another democrat globalist

And finally,  Trump set Chucky up... Of course he is willing to veto a CR if it does not include funding for the wall. And if Chucky sticks to his guns, not giving it or even willing to negotiate, this shutdown belongs to him, not Trump.... But will we even notice? 

Edited by Cinga

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Serious question.  Can the president "shut down the government"?  I thought Congress had the power of the purse.

Yeah.  Reagan did it quite effectively at times.  Since then presidents have been more hesitant.

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, as Trump pointed out to Nancy today, 10 Democrats need to vote for wall funding in the Senate - which Chuckie will not allow (notice the lack of eye contact on Schumer's part when he speaks to Trump). The fact that the Democrats are unwilling to vote for wall funding, and cannot explain why they do not want to have a border wall. 

While President Trump is willing to shut down the government without wall funding, the Senate Ds will not give him the wall funding.

Trump ran on building a wall. Crossings are down where there is a physical wall. It appears to work. However, the Democrats do not see a need for a wall.  Quid pro quo... give wall funding, the government does not shut down. 

I always suspected our politicians held private meetings to avoid being viewed as petulant and incompetent.  Trump having them broadcast publicly removes all doubt.  Also, Mike Pence is really on his A game here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, I have to admit that Schumer is laying it on thick, and I have little love for these two. But let's give credit where credit is due.

Mr. 45 has owned any impending shutdown.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-shutdown/

All I'm going to say is this: while the Republicans control both houses of Congress, and the executive branch until January 3rd...when it will control two of those three.

If they can't do anything until then, then yeah, the president needs to own up to his comments about how shutdowns are the president's fault.

I wish Chuck and his piggly, ***** niece would just go away. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

It was so wild. It goes to show you: You get into a tinkle contest with a skunk, you get tinkle all over you."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/11/politics/pelosi-aide-trump-meeting-own-shutdown-wall-manhood/index.html

Pelosi pretty much summed it up 

I thought manhood was bad in the age of toxic masculinity?

Which is it, I'm losing score.

I think this made all of them look bad, but that is generally true of anyone that has to be associated with Trump. 

Not sure why they didn't keep throwing at him, "You said Mexico would pay for it." 

And I just loved how he made up total lies out of whole cloth. "We caught ten terrorists!" LOL 

This opt-ed in the Chicago Tribune has a little somethin' for everyone! 

My personal "favorites":

? to the Nancy Pelosi "great lady" comment and  :lol:   to the Pence "even without much help from that silent white-haired throw pillow in the room" comment.

Column: Chuck, Nancy, Donald and 'The Wall'

There was a moment in that Trump, Chuck and Nancy meeting about “The Wall” at the White House when I thought Nancy would surely win the day.

She’d put on her best Katherine Hepburn “On Golden Pond” voice, place her arm around Chuck, slumping in his chair, and tell him, ever-so-brightly, “You are my knight in shining armor.”

But it didn’t turn out that way, did it? President Trump won the meeting.

</snip>

Yet it was clear by the pained smirk on Chuck’s face, and by Pelosi’s bizarre vulgarity, babbling on as she did about skunk urine and manhood, that Trump won their meeting.

The way I see it, Democrats want unfettered illegal immigration, so the undocumented can be put on costly welfare and other social programs and thereby become a new crop of Democratic voters. It is a time-tested formula that has worked before. And the Republican establishment, which has long turned a blind eye to illegal immigration because their donors still want cheap labor, still hate Trump.

And American taxpayers?

A lot of them want a wall, they want an immediate stop to illegal immigration, and they don’t like being played.

</snip>

I will not repeat her quotes here. Cheering on a great lady like Pelosi as she debases herself by crawling through the mud of VulgarTowne is something I just won’t do. Feel free to Google her comments while you’re eating lunch.

But Trump won, even without much help from that silent white-haired throw pillow in the room. I believe the pillow may have been the vice president of the United States.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This opt-ed in the Chicago Tribune has a little somethin' for everyone! 

My personal "favorites":

? to the Nancy Pelosi "great lady" comment and  :lol:   to the Pence "even without much help from that silent white-haired throw pillow in the room" comment.

Column: Chuck, Nancy, Donald and 'The Wall'

There was a moment in that Trump, Chuck and Nancy meeting about “The Wall” at the White House when I thought Nancy would surely win the day.

She’d put on her best Katherine Hepburn “On Golden Pond” voice, place her arm around Chuck, slumping in his chair, and tell him, ever-so-brightly, “You are my knight in shining armor.”

But it didn’t turn out that way, did it? President Trump won the meeting.

</snip>

Yet it was clear by the pained smirk on Chuck’s face, and by Pelosi’s bizarre vulgarity, babbling on as she did about skunk urine and manhood, that Trump won their meeting.

The way I see it, Democrats want unfettered illegal immigration, so the undocumented can be put on costly welfare and other social programs and thereby become a new crop of Democratic voters. It is a time-tested formula that has worked before. And the Republican establishment, which has long turned a blind eye to illegal immigration because their donors still want cheap labor, still hate Trump.

And American taxpayers?

A lot of them want a wall, they want an immediate stop to illegal immigration, and they don’t like being played.

</snip>

I will not repeat her quotes here. Cheering on a great lady like Pelosi as she debases herself by crawling through the mud of VulgarTowne is something I just won’t do. Feel free to Google her comments while you’re eating lunch.

But Trump won, even without much help from that silent white-haired throw pillow in the room. I believe the pillow may have been the vice president of the United States.

</snip>

I hear that weed really helps salve people who are delusional. Would you please speak to that?

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

In short...you have cartoons, because the facts show how deluded you are :D

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Derp derp derp derp Derp Derp Derp!  Derp derp, derp??  Derp.  Derp.

A situation that is hopelessly ***** up. The worst of three stages of goat-ness. First is the Goat Rope, defined else where. 

Then there is the utilitraian Goat *****. This normally requires a serious amount of work to un*****. 

Lastly, there is the Goat Rodeo. The worst of the three, it is beyond even profanity. It describes a situation that involves many individuals screw ups, and implies that the ***** up is already well underway, meaning that there is no hope in stopping the mess. Usually said with a defeated tone:

On 12/11/2018 at 12:37 PM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, I have to admit that Schumer is laying it on thick, and I have little love for these two. But let's give credit where credit is due.

Mr. 45 has owned any impending shutdown.

Not sure if you realize this or not, but the number of people who genuinely care whether the government is shut down can fit on the head of a pin, and the number of people who care who's to blame is even smaller.

Get out. Walk around. Do some Christmas shopping. Visit some friends. Spread some cheer. It won't take long for you to figure out how little anyone cares about this. They may actually care about Russia more than they care about this. THAT is how little people care.

They didn't care about it when Obama shut it down, and they won't care about it when Trump shuts it down.

Find something significant to boo-hoo about.

• Like (+1) 1