The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Congress can pass a budget without the President.  The President't can't pass a budget without Congress.  

Pelosi should shut the ***** up and pass a budget.

It has been what 17 days?   and PR did hand her the working blueprint....for a ...shutdown....

You are slipping....your game is usually better

Just now, TH3 said:

It has been what 17 days?   and PR did hand her the working blueprint....for a ...shutdown....

You are slipping....your game is usually better

Pelosi can ignore Trump, and work with Congressional Republicans to pass a budget with a veto-proof majority.  There's enough adults in Congress to make that possible.  Congress doesn't need the president to pass a budget.

Pelosi won't negotiate with Congressional Republicans, though.  Because she's not one of the adults.  She wants to keep the government closed just as much as Trump does.

34 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

You drunk? 

Nope. I just realized I wasted too much time replying to you and stopped. I will stop replying to you. I have self control. Do you?  Let's see if you can abstain from responding. Prove me wrong 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

McConnell doesn't pass a spending bill up in the Senate without insurances that the president will sign it.

They already knew of the offer through press reports.

You can't be stupid enough to come out against a compromise offer until the compromise offer is, y'know, offered. It looks stupid. Very stupid. Canadian stupid.

That's right. Canadian stupid. The Stanley Cup of stupid.

Wait. Did I just reference Canadians and the Stanley Cup in the same thought.

My bad. Everyone knows Canada has no idea what the Stanley Cup is about.

But hey...they have curling and a cross-dressing PM, so they have that going for them.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

You can't be stupid enough to come out against a compromise offer until the compromise offer is, y'know, offered. It looks stupid. Very stupid. Canadian stupid.

That's right. Canadian stupid. The Stanley Cup of stupid.

Wait. Did I just reference Canadians and the Stanley Cup in the same thought.

My bad. Everyone knows Canada has no idea what the Stanley Cup is about.

But hey...they have curling and a cross-dressing PM, so they have that going for them.

Lame. Again. 

Nice to see Trump admit he will have to give in on amnesty, but he's going to have to surrender a lot lot more, millions and millions more. 

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Pelosi can ignore Trump, and work with Congressional Republicans to pass a budget with a veto-proof majority.  There's enough adults in Congress to make that possible.  Congress doesn't need the president to pass a budget.

Pelosi won't negotiate with Congressional Republicans, though.  Because she's not one of the adults.  She wants to keep the government closed just as much as Trump does.

McConnell said he won't even take up legislation that the president doesn't like, so what's to negotiate? Where's Mitch? 

8 minutes ago, westside said:

All on the tax payers dime???

These politicians live like royalty. So disgusting!!!

Mexico will pay for it!! 

Just now, Foxx said:

concrete

Oh, and nothing can ever get through concrete, lol 

Chisle...