The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The wall? Republicans voted to have someone else pay for the stupid thing, now they want us to pay for it. 

Has it ever been confirmed that Tiberious is *not* an early version of an experimental [AI] chatbot?

From back before the  "I" portion was functional and implemented?

Edited by Hedge

11 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Has it ever been confirmed that Tiberious is *not* an early version of an experimental [AI] chatbot?

?

Hmmmm

Edited by Kevbeau

18 minutes ago, Hedge said:

What? 

2 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

As Zel Miller would say, it's a metafer.

Ya, a pretty bad one. House = Country? 

Come on 

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Stay together.  We're going to win."  Because it's not about a wall, it's about putting Pelosi in her place.

It’s about the Dems not giving Trump and his base a win.

This might get uglier before it gets better. Neither party wants to be in the same room as one another.

Hatred is blinding everyone right now and it’s truly sad.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It’s about the Dems not giving Trump and his base a win.

This might get uglier before it gets better. Neither party wants to be in the same room as one another.

Hatred is blinding everyone right now and it’s truly sad.

I told my team that just after Christmas (they were asking how shut-downs usually go, as this isn't my first).  I told them that with the abject hatred and childish stubbornness on both sides, this could very well last through the end of January.  

Trump and Congress, for all their bloviating, are actually okay with the current state of affairs.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I told my team that just after Christmas (they were asking how shut-downs usually go, as this isn't my first).  I told them that with the abject hatred and childish stubbornness on both sides, this could very well last through the end of January.  

Trump and Congress, for all their bloviating, are actually okay with the current state of affairs.  

This shutdown is so stupid that it insults the word "stupid"

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I've heard starting to come up again is the dems stating that they aren't going to allow a 2000 mile wall. For a year or so Trump has been saying he wants about 700 miles. Are the dems bringing up the 2000 mile wall position so they can cave but say they got Trump to cave on the amount of wall?

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

One thing I've heard starting to come up again is the dems stating that they aren't going to allow a 2000 mile wall. For a year or so Trump has been saying he wants about 700 miles. Are the dems bringing up the 2000 mile wall position so they can cave but say they got Trump to cave on the amount of wall?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that were the case. It's obvious that they'd do anything to oppose Trump, on anything, at every turn.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No, it doesn't. 

Mostly because the person who's job it is to make sure the word "stupid" is insulted was furloughed.

:lol:

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

As embarrassingly ridiculous as this sounds, I feel like the Dems are convinced this is their ticket to unseating Trump in 2020.

Forward!

Dude... You're delusional.  Trump lost the popular vote, his supporters are the minority AND his electoral path to victory was a slim margin behind the Blue Firewall duping the Blue Deplorables in the basket from IA, WI to MI & PA with his good old Boy Putin.

There are a few very viable tickets to unseating Trump in 2020.  The Dems just created a Blue Wave in Congress, flipping over 40 seats because of Trump's demagoguery.  Congress is more fine tuned with the people than the Electoral College.

Again... Keep hope alive Brutha that Trump can keep governing with the minority.

Trump winning was like the Pats** and Spygate.  Except this time the commish isn't burning the evidence.

Winning in 2020... Won't take a David Tyree circus catch against this Deplorable Sh*tShow...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Forward!

Dude... You're delusional.  Trump lost the popular vote, his supporters are the minority AND his electoral path to victory was a slim margin behind the Blue Firewall duping the Blue Deplorables in the basket from IA, WI to MI & PA with his good old Boy Putin.

There are a few very viable tickets to unseating Trump in 2020.  The Dems just created a Blue Wave in Congress, flipping over 40 seats because of Trump's demagoguery.  Congress is more fine tuned with the people than the Electoral College.

Again... Keep hope alive Brutha that Trump can keep governing with the minority.

Trump winning was like the Pats** and Spygate.  Except this time the commish isn't burning the evidence.

Winning in 2020... Won't take a David Tyree circus catch against this Deplorable Sh*tShow...

Don't get ahead of yourself Exiled. It's a long time til the election and a lot can and will happen.

You sound like Steve Karnake 2 1/2 years ago. "Trump has no path to victory."

He's careful.  Don't jinx anybody