The Trump Shutdown

22 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Canada 10X better than America! 

Seriously, have you ever looked at your pres? ??? unbelievable that you would bring up the looks of another leader. Dumb, but you are American. 

When our president spends time like Trudeau dressing up as every one of the Village People, then maybe we'll shut up.

In the meantime, I suspect your time is better spent polling your friends to find out if Trudeau is still committed to wearing that cute little chartreuse strapless number all his girlfriends rave about. You can never overdress for your umpteenth Pride Parade, eh? :lol:

It's fun to go to the Y M C...       Image result for justin trudeau, hindu

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Shout out to Tasker and Rhino and Bman and my nucca Boyst (the homie). 

Wish me luck tomorrow. Arguing tomorrow for the first time in years. Malpractice litty. Placenta accreta ***** up against a medical provider. Im gonna lay my dick out there for the jury. 

Yall got me hyped. Love a little shiiiit talking. I needed this for my nerves. 

If if I get rich off this I’m buying a record company and paying off my defaulted sprint bill. Dave Chappelle reference. Be easy fockers.  

Get your black ass back here and post more often 

Not only that, Levi and I are still most disappoint about you not saying anything about getting together for Baltimore in the early part of the season!

Good luck tomorrow

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm thinking that's not the best courtroom strategy, whipping out your johnson for the jury to ponder.  But I've no experience with malpractice, and you know the jury, so...hey, good luck.  Don't forget protection.

That's what court security is for.

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I want in on the cheeseburgers 

f0b438a2960d503afa05b669076d28bc

Jesus, I think an artery clogged up just looking at that...

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Wish me luck tomorrow. Arguing tomorrow for the first time in years. Malpractice litty. Placenta accreta ***** up against a medical provider. Im gonna lay my dick out there for the jury. 

If if I get rich off this I’m buying a record company and paying off my defaulted sprint bill. Dave Chappelle reference. Be easy fockers.  

I am confident that you will do well.

(Dick or no dick)

5 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Med mal's a tough racket. Best of luck.

6 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Rhino, let’s try this again ...

I was talking about how Obama was received on this board. 

I was talking about how Trump was received on this board.

Trump has been in office two years.

I said that after the same two years, Obama wasn’t received nearly as flexibly and openly. There weren’t the same apologists for every claim and contest and he (Obama) was blasted (in some cases) for small trivialities.

At the same relative points in time. 

I’ve pointed those out anecdotally. 

If you still think we’re talking about the same thing, and if you can’t nuance what I’m saying from what you’re saying, and if you really think that we’re talking about the same thing, then “ok.” 

Gotcha. Thanks for this. 

The fundamental flaw in your comparison is you attribute all differences to one variable (lying) as though all other variables are constant, when in reality even the variable you're isolating has distinctions within it.

Taking that variable as identical, for the sake of argument, you have a littany of issues that separate the two. Not merely policy issues, but philosophical and personal as well.

President Trump is unabashedly pro-American where Obama seemed to think America needed to be put in its place (see Apology Tour).

Obama's overall philosophy was one of government intervention in the economy. He pushed for government run health insurance, stimulus packages (after TARP), higher taxes, higher fuel prices, and cap & trade. Although President Trump has ironically been one to promote tariffs (something I would have less tolerance of if he had a D after his name), his core philosophy is pro-business and smaller government. (see tax cuts; de-regulation).

He gets more slack on deficets b/c of the R, but he appears to want to curb spending long-term. (see the wall, illega immigration generally, ending Obamacare).

As far as travel, Obama caught a lot of flack for travel expenses, but that was partially due to him railing against people living "high on the hog" with their own money, then proceeded to live high on the hog with taxpayer money.

Perhaps most of all, Obama was very condescending, which is particularly irritating when the condescension is backed by nonsense. President Trump is also condescending to his detractors, but Trump's condescension is directed at those with power; Obama's was directed at average American citizens who disagreed with his policies. He referred to us as their enemies.

I don't know if Obama is a good guy or a bad guy. Men are poorly equipped to judge the souls of other men. My gut tells me he was not a good guy, but not knowing him personally I really can't say. My gut tells me Trump's intentions are good, but I don't know him either.

Perhaps it's due in part to the bias flowing from my party afiliation, or just giving the benefit of the doubt to one whose philosophy is more aligned with my own. But there are many clear cut distinctions I could look at on paper & tell you which I prefer without knowing anything else about them, and President Trump gets the clear edge and it isn't a tough call.

• Like (+1) 6

12 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Someone beat you to it:

https://www.caller.com/story/news/texasregion/2018/12/18/trump-border-wall-gofundme-crowdfunding-campaign-launched-florida-veteran/2352522002/

A GoFundMe campaign titled "We The People Will Fund The Wall" has raised more than $16 million and counting to build President Donald Trump's border wall. 

More than 270,000 people have pledged donations to the campaign created Dec. 16 by a "fundraising team" in Miramar, Florida, according to the campaign page.

Its initial goal of $200 million has been bumped to $1 billion.

"It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling," according to the campaign page, which is attributed to Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage Jr. On Sept. 11, 2004, Kolfage became the most severely wounded airman to survive any war in U.S. history, according to reports.    

I find this interesting that Trump supporters, mostly Republican i would assume, want to pay a voluntary tax.

Trump’s shutdown trap?
American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson
Original Article

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only 5 more days of the already-“longest government shutdown in history” (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more. Don’t believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force (snip) if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off -- as in no more job

1 hour ago, B-Man said:
Trump’s shutdown trap?
American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson
Original Article

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only 5 more days of the already-“longest government shutdown in history” (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more. Don’t believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force (snip) if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off -- as in no more job

Well, he doesn't have to pay the farmers who were getting welfare checks because of Trump's Putin inspired trade war. So they are saving money on welfare. 

I sure hope the Senate picks up the House bills and passes them with veto proof majorities. Trade war chaos, government shut down chaos, chaos in alliances, and sucking up to Putin are not in the best interest of the USA 

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I find this interesting that Trump supporters, mostly Republican i would assume, want to pay a voluntary tax.

I don't.  Republicans don't mind paying for what they want.  Democrats...they want other people to pay for what they want.

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I don't.  Republicans don't mind paying for what they want.  Democrats...they want other people to pay for what they want.

The wall? Republicans voted to have someone else pay for the stupid thing, now they want us to pay for it. 

• Haha (+1) 1