The Trump Shutdown

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's pretty much my backyard. Can confirm, there's a lot of NIMBY going on in Santa Monica and Venice... "walls are bad on the border, but please put some more up by the beach!"

And I'm guessing none of these NIMBY people notices the irony of this stance?

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, blzrul said:
  • In this case, the "leader" of the Senate is following orders from POTUS and refusing to allow the Senate to consider bills to open the government

Mitch McConnell gets more ***** for being Harry Reid than Harry Reid ever did.  

• If you want a wall and think that getting it at any cost is worth it, just consider that they other side is going to be able to do the same thing when they come to power.  And they're going to come to power with a vengeance after this, because no-one believes that anyone but the POTUS is responsible for this mess, and most Americans are savvy enough to realize a wall isn't going to protect the country from a manufactured crisis.  

:lol:  That's exactly what's going on NOW.  The previous administrations and Congresses set the precedent for this "elections have consequences" dipshittery.  I'm surprised McConnell hasn't tried to get around the Senate Democrats' filibuster and pass an appropriations bill with the wall added back in via "reconciliation," as the Democrats did with the ACA.   YOU created this mess.  Many, many of us warned you, the ends does not justify the means.  You said it does.  Now ***** own it.

• If you don't mind that people are suffering because a supposed "leader" is having a temper tantrum, that's somewhat telling.  And remember next time it could be you caught in the middle.

It's been me caught in the middle several times before.  Ironically, Pelosi's "leadership" was responsible the first time, too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

LOVE seeing all these government employees suffering a little. It’s awesome. 

‘We want your money money and we’re entitled to it no matter how poorly we all preform!’

Yeah it’s great seeing regular folk suffering while the pols can’t show enough leadership to keep the government operating. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Yeah it’s great seeing regular folk suffering while the pols can’t show enough leadership to keep the government operating. 

It is when they’re paid with money from my pocket that I don’t want to part with.

Further, one reason I’m a conservative is because I believe government can’t do anything well. I rest my case on government employees. I will shed them no tears. 

Maybe this will encourage them to get real jobs. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-05-at-10.52.39-AM.png?resize=476%2C600&ssl=1

Screen-Shot-2019-01-11-at-7.51.31-AM.png?resize=536%2C600&ssl=1

Ron Swanson is a hero and role model for all.