Any Buyer's Remorse From Teams That Drafted QB in Round 1?

Flip Johnson

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yeah I'm sure every objective football fan in the country would take Robert Foster, Zay Jones, and 30 year old Lesean McCoy over Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, and 26 year old David Johnson.

David Johnson is averaging 3.7 YPC  because the OL is terrible. Fitz is still good and you want to mention how old Shady is with him being even older. Kirk is on IR. Meanwhile the Bills have Foster emerging as a deep threat and McKenzie making plays in both the run and pass game. Both have added an element of speed that has opened things nup. 

And if you want to just say Buffalo and Arizona have equally bad talent, fine. Arguing over the nuances of that is pointless. Simply put Allen has led the offense to 21.3 PPG since returning from injury and in the same time span Rosen has "led" his offense to 11 PPG. That's 20th in the NFL vs dead last in the NFL over the past 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

David Johnson is averaging 3.7 YPC  because the OL is terrible. Fitz is still good and you want to mention how old Shady is with him being even older. Kirk is on IR. Meanwhile the Bills have Foster emerging as a deep threat and McKenzie making plays in both the run and pass game. Both have added an element of speed that has opened things nup. 

crusaders.gif

Dude cited McKenzie ???

Edited by Teddy KGB

Just now, HappyDays said:

And if you want to just say Buffalo and Arizona have equally bad talent, fine. Arguing over the nuances of that is pointless. Simply put Allen has led the offense to 21.3 PPG since returning from injury and in the same time span Rosen has "led" his offense to 11 PPG. That's 20th in the NFL vs dead last in the NFL over the past 3 weeks.

That's right they have the worst collection of talent in the NFL that starts with their OL that has none of their starters from the beginning of the season. Not one. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 12:05 PM, Rochesterfan said:

I can’t imagine any of the teams that got a QB are having remorse right now.  All have shown progress and all potentially give hope to the future.

The only buyers remorse I can think is the teams like the Giants that really now appear to need a QB and were in position, but did not take one and they ended up with Barkley who is having himself a good season.

Other teams like the Jags might regret missing out, but their draft position precluded a big move up and I am not sure Jackson is what they would have wanted.

The Giants are 5-8 so they’d be picking in the 8-10 range with only Jacksonville with a worse record that will probably be looking at a QB in the first round.  So, they could have a shot at Herbert or Grier 

1 minute ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The Giants are 5-8 so they’d be picking in the 8-10 range with only Jacksonville with a worse record that will probably be looking at a QB in the first round.  So, they could have a shot at Herbert or Grier 

Herbert might stay in school and Grier is likely not worth that high of a pick. IMO, they should have bypassed Barkley and taken a QB in the '18 draft at #2. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Allen > Rosen though correct ? 

Both have looked equally terrible and promising. I know you won't be objective about this so it's not worth continuing. Arizona is far worse than the Bills and I doubt Allen fans will give Rosen the pass that Allen gets when he looks bad. 

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Hard to argue that 

I mean with objectivity and all.   ;)

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Herbert might stay in school and Grier is likely not worth that high of a pick. IMO, they should have bypassed Barkley and taken a QB in the '18 draft at #2. 

Yup.  Some are suggesting that the Duke QB might be their pick.  Shades of Dave Brown.

19 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Did we ever get to the bottom of which offensive line is worse between the Bills and the Cardinals? 

Make the best unit you can from the following:

OT - Will Holden, Chad Williams, Dion Dawkins, Jordan Mills, Zack Golditch, Connor McDermott

G - Oday Aboushi, Colby Gossett, Wyatt Teller, John Miller, Ike Boettger, Rees Odhlambo

C - Mason Cole, Ryan Groy, Daniel Munyer

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

OT - Will Holden, Chad Williams, Dion Dawkins, Jordan Mills, Zack Golditch, Connor McDermott

G - Oday Aboushi, Colby Gossett, Wyatt Teller, John Miller, Ike Boettger, Rees Odhlambo

Image result for dumb and dumber gif

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think I could put together a VERY competitive DIII line there...might be a little thin on backups though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/12/2018 at 3:41 PM, thebandit27 said:

Wow, relax man.

I actually did look one of them up and posted it in the very post you replied to...I can't find a source for RB yards before contact.  Rest assured that I'd post it if I did...closest I found was FO's adjusted line yards, which is pretty darn clear about which OLs are moving the LOS better than others.

I was apparently a few hours too early in looking for this information (though only the top 10 teams are listed):

DuQJIemXgAAxdYw.jpg