Any Buyer's Remorse From Teams That Drafted QB in Round 1?

Flip Johnson

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

26 is right here given that pretty much the entire starting o-line of AZ is on IR. You can't say that about the Bills. 

That doesn’t mean they’re really any better.  I do know that Castillo sucks.  An OL coach and scheme can mean as much as talent when it comes to how a unit plays when every offensive lineman is bad.  The ravens had a terrible run game with Castillo coaching the OL.  Since he’s been here, our running game has been terrible and last year we had some talent on the OL.  If it wasn’t for having QBs that run for lots of yards, his running game coaching the bills might be the worst in the league  

As bad as the AZ line has been playing, ours has been equally bad.  Statistics do show that.  Stats aren’t everything, but how some guy at home views backup caliber OLmen isn’t everything either.  I’ll take stats over how 26 grades the Arizona offensive line

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:  Look at me?  You must be confused because you knocked on my door with this discussion and you don't even know who the players are. Yet, you want to question me.  Good night and sleep tight. ;)

You act as if you scout the Arizona Cardinals OL.  Please.  You have no clue who these guys are.  Stats show that they are playing better than us.  When I watched them this year, vs the niners x2 and the Chargers.  They were bad.  Equally as bad as us.  Add in the fact that our OL is one of the most penaltized units in football.  Is the talent on paper lesser than ours?  Yes.  Are they playing better our OL?  No.  

Youre a guy on that just lives on the web 24/7.  You aren’t a scout and I don’t believe that you’ve broken down any gametape of the Arizona Cardinals OL.  Any declaration you make about the Cardinals OL play vs ours isn’t worth discussing because you’re pretending to know more about it than you do.

edit:  and when I quoted you initially, I was talking about the Cardinals OL and Playmakers.  You seem to have left out the part about the playmakers.  Convenient 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You act as if you scout the Arizona Cardinals OL.  Please.  You have no clue who these guys are.  Stats show that they are playing better than us.  When I watched them this year, vs the niners x2 and the Chargers.  They were bad.  Equally as bad as us.  Add in the fact that our OL is one of the most penaltized units in football.  Is the talent on paper lesser than ours?  Yes.  Are they playing better our OL?  No.  

Youre a guy on that just lives on the web 24/7.  You aren’t a scout and I don’t believe that you’ve broken down any gametape of the Arizona Cardinals OL.  Any declaration you make about the Cardinals OL play vs ours isn’t worth discussing because you’re pretending to know more about it than you do.

Hes so desperate for Rosen to outplay Allen ????

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t even know if that’s it.  He just doesn’t like to be told he’s wrong, which I understand.  No one does.

edit:  I was a Rosen guy too.  I’m now extremely happy that we took Allen.  I don’t know if he’ll ever be a great qb, but I know he’ll be exciting and I’ll enjoy watching him grow on his journey to become the qb that brings a super bowl to Buffalo

Edited by NewEra

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You act as if you scout the Arizona Card inals OL.  Please.  You have no clue who these guys are. Stats show that they are playing better than us.  When I watched them this year, vs the niners x2 and the Chargers.  They were bad.  Equally as bad as us.  Add in the fact that our OL is one of the most penaltized units in football.  Is the talent on paper lesser than ours?  Yes.  Are they playing better our OL?  No.  

You have no idea as you admitted. Speak for yourself and only yourself. You're starting an argument with zero knowledge base which make you ridiculous.  Instead of buttressing your argument you instead make groundless statements, you resort to a personal attack as if that means you are correct.  It's your typical weak sauce. 

Not only that, you make silly assertions about 24/7 and other things you can't substantiate.  You should bow out now while you can or at least until you are familiar with the players you claim to be better than what the Bills have at OL.   Change your handle to New Error. ;)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I will admit I was a Rosen over Allen guy, although I did understand why the Bills made the pick I was still concerned the Bills fell for a big arm instead of a more complete prospect. I would still say the jury is still out on both. If the Bills had a do over based off their rookie years they stick with Allen 11 times out of 10. That being said their careers could still shake out either way, so I don't think Bills fans should anoint Allen anything just yet nor should anyone consider Rosen a bust yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You have no idea as you admitted. Speak for yourself and only yourself. You're starting an argument with zero knowledge base which make you ridiculous.  Instead of buttressing your argument you instead make groundless statements, you resort to a personal attack as if that means you are correct.  It's your typical weak sauce. 

Not only that, you make silly assertions about 24/7 and other things you can't substantiate.  You should bow out now while you can or at least until you are familiar with the players you claim to be better than what the Bills have at OL.   Change your handle to New Error. ;)

I don’t have to substantiate them.  There are statistics.  I’m not making up the statistics.  

So you’ve broken down the gametape of the. Arizona Cardinals OL?  Lol

Just now, NewEra said:

I don’t have to substantiate them.  There are statistics.  I’m not making up the statistics.  

So you’ve broken down the gametape of the. Arizona Cardinals OL?  Lol

I have watched several of their games in addition to looking at their All-22 coaches film. What have you done besides look at numbers on a screen New Error? 

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have watched several of their games in addition to looking at their All-22 coaches film. What have you done besides look at numbers on a screen New Error? 

I’ve watched cardinal 3 games.  I’ve watched every Bills games.  I’ve looked at stats.  Stats support my arguement.  I know that our OL coach is terrible.  What evidence do you have that the Cardinals OL is worse than the Bills other than your opinion?  

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

And what about the Arizona Playnakers compared to ours?  Ours are better I assume?

Just now, NewEra said:

I’ve watched cardinal 3 games.  I’ve watched every Bills games.  I’ve looked at stats.  Stats support my arguement.  I know that our OL coach is terrible.  What evidence do you have that the Cardinals OL is worse than the Bills other than your opinion?  

They have the worst offense in the NFL and the primary reason for that is their atrocious OL.  Stat that!

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have the worst offense in the NFL and the primary reason for that is their atrocious OL.  Stat that!

We have the second worst and the only reason it’s better is because our Qb can run for 100 yards a game.  True story

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, Flip Johnson said:

Who, if any, of the five teams who drafted rookie QBs in the first round are experiencing some buyer's remorse and/or paranoia that they might have messed up?

I'm granting that none of the rookie QBs are finished products or lost causes and that they could all benefit from more weapons, better offensive infrastructure, etc.

I think the consensus right now would be:

1. I think Browns fans feel mostly great about Mayfield and are just excited about the 2019 coaching staff and how Mayfield could continue to develop. 

2. Jets fans feel semi-optimistic about Sam Darnold, but are more than a little concerned with his penchant to turn the ball over along with the possibility that maybe they should have taken Josh Allen instead.

3. Bills fans have a touch of fear from the past twenty years, but in general, feel really optimistic that JA is a budding superstar.

4. Arizona fans are hoping for weapons, coaching, etc., but have to be wondering if they really messed up on the Rosen pick. Fear level should be high here as he just doesn't seem to have the physicality or the playmaking ability anywhere near the other four QBs.

5. Don't know how Baltimore fans couldn't feel great about Lamar Jackson. Sustainability is a long term question but he has given them a spark and an identity.

Side note: I am THRILLED the Pats did not draft Jackson. 

Additional note: The teams that put off the QB search like the Pats or the teams that middled it with later round picks (Giants with Lauletta, Steelers with Rudolph, Jaguars with Tanner Lee) have a lot to think about, because those look like wasted picks at this point, and there search for the future has not progressed.

Kinda' cool that it seems like all 5 QB's selected were taken in the perfect order per their level of play thus far. 

Baker Mayfield looks like the best of the bunch.  My only question is how much better will he get? Seems like he's playing really good ball and maybe this is near his ceiling. I'm not sure why I feel that way, it's just a hunch.

Jets fans love Darnold and they could not be more pleased that they selected Sam over Josh Allen.   I do think Darnold gets better and could surpass Mayfield at some point when the Jets have a plan.

I thought Josh Allen was project for two years from now but he's looked pretty good.  His running is just fantastic and his arm is as advertised.  His accuracy while not polished is better than i thought it would be.  Some throws he zips right in there but all too often are dropped.  I do think Josh get A LOT better and this is probably the worst QB'ing we will see from him.(I hope!).  

You could definitely make an argument for flipping Lamar Jackson for Rosen in the #4 spot.   Jackson has the much better team and his running ability makes up for any passing deficiencies.  When Rosen sticks his foot in the ground and makes a quick, decisive throw, he looks good.  I think he will show big improvement going forward but I do think he looks small out there in a way... and has a tough time overcoming a bad line. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

We have the second worst and the only reason it’s better is because our Qb can run for 100 yards a game.  True story

Wrong again! 178 points scored which is DFL and they are last by far in DVOA rankings!  Their worst in the NFL OL is why they are so punchless in both the run and pass game. They have exact zero starters on that unit who would replace any Buffalo Bill starter.

Week 14 DVOA Ratings | Football Outsiders

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wrong again! 178 points scored which is DFL and they are last by far in DVOA rankings!  Their worst in the NFL OL is why they are so punchless in both the run and pass game. They have exact zero starters on that unit who would replace any Buffalo Bill starter.

I said we are the 2nd worst. We are.  That’s all I said.  How is that wrong?  You’re the one that’s making stuff up. 

Josh Allen running the football is our entire offense.  His running is a direct result of how bad our OL is.  He runs because he has too.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I said we are the 2nd worst. We are.  That’s all I said.  How is that wrong?  You’re the one that’s making stuff up. 

Josh Allen running the football is our entire offense.  His running is a direct result of how bad our OL is.  He runs because he has too.  

Incorrect. He runs because he takes advantage of man to man coverage in empty sets with wide open field in front of him.

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Someone needs a snickers

My snickers is putting you back on my ignore list.  So delicious! :lol:

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't 'have a dog in this fight, but isn't it kind of disingenuous to cite FO's DVOA ratings for offense in support of a poor OL when the very same website has their OL as performing much better than Buffalo's in literally every category?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

It's also worth noting that both of Arizona's top 2 WRs--Fitz and Kirk--have higher DVOA ratings than any Buffalo WR with 50 targets, but Robert Foster does have the highest DVOA rating of any of them 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't 'have a dog in this fight, but isn't it kind of disingenuous to cite FO's DVOA ratings for offense in support of a poor OL when the very same website has their OL as performing much better than Buffalo's in literally every category?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

It's also worth noting that both of Arizona's top 2 WRs--Fitz and Kirk--have higher DVOA ratings than any Buffalo WR with 50 targets, but Robert Foster does have the highest DVOA rating of any of them 

Wait for it

• Haha (+1) 1