John Harbaugh availability

Joeziehmer

1 minute ago, teef said:

i'm going to say it...i like the op's work.  he's sassy.  he's pointless.  he's everything we need in a look at me poster.  he's wonderful.

Super Bowl winning Coaches don’t usually get anything from Bills fans other then bitterness and anger.  How dare they be better Coaches and actually win.  Let’s be Uncle Chuckleheads and mock an OP who brings a dissenting opinion to a 4-9 year. 

Just now, Helpmenow said:

Demotion then.

I'm just not ready to move on from Sean McDermott.  I've been convinced for some time now that the biggest obstacle to Buffalo's escape from mediocrity has been the lack of continuity.  Bringing in the next shiny new retread coach just continues the cycle.  John Harbaugh might be a solid head coach, but he will want to do things his way.  That will almost certainly mean a new offensive scheme, new offensive coordinator, new defensive scheme and coordinator, and the necessity of dumping personnel to find players to fit what he wants to do.  Then when it takes a few years to transition to the John Harbaugh way, everybody will get tired, his head will end up on the chopping block and we can start all over again.  We've seen it all before.  I don't know if Sean McDermott can be successful, but it takes more than two years unless the new coach comes into a perfect set of circumstances.  Sean McVay is admittedly a brilliant coach, burt he also lucked out on the right circumstanmces for quick success.  He is the exception.  I'm tired of it.  

Joh Harbaugh as special teams coordinator might be a demotion for him, but it's an upgrade for Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Anti-McDermott crusade is beyond annoying.

Seriously why? You can see clear as day the leagues direction and we have a guy who plays scared, possession football and can’t manage in game. He’s a quiet Rex Ryan. Would have been a great HC in 1995, when everybody was playing out of what is still his book. Instead the game has passed both he and this franchise by

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, cgg716 said:

Seriously why? You can see clear as day the leagues direction and we have a guy who plays scared, possession football and can’t manage in game. He’s a quiet Rex Ryan. Would have been a great HC in 1995, when everybody was playing out of what is still his book. Instead the game has passed both he and this franchise by

Because almost every thread the OP starts has the same anti-McDermott sentiment.  That does not mean the HC is above criticism. 

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

Folks seem to have already forgotten that McDermott was feeling good about using Nate Peterman as his starting QB this year while Josh Allen sat on the sidelines and "learned."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Because almost every thread the OP starts has the same anti-McDermott sentiment.  That does not mean the HC is above criticism. 

So at least you see it. We can’t win the way Mcd believes in, in the modern NFL. Even the people who bring up elite defenses that are presently winning neglect things. 

Dallas- Extremely weak division, Garrett was on a scolding hot seat a month ago for basically being McDermott, ultra conservative and by the book. Even though he’s an offensive HC. So you can be a defensive HC, just not stuck in 1995, and your D better be great. Mcd s is not 

Chicago- Young creative offensive HC, whom has made the offense respectable. Lots of draft capital and free agent money used on D the last few years, as well as the acquisition of a generational talent in Mack. Still a 4 loss team that is the best of a bad division.

All truly dominant teams now, score and never stop, we have the reverse philosophy 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

So at least you see it. We can’t win the way Mcd believes in, in the modern NFL. Even the people who bring up elite defenses that are presently winning neglect things. 

Dallas- Extremely weak division, Garrett was on a scolding hot seat a month ago for basically being McDermott, ultra conservative and by the book. Even though he’s an offensive HC. So you can be a defensive HC, just not stuck in 1995, and your D better be great. Mcd s is not 

Chicago- Young creative offensive HC, whom has made the offense respectable. Lots of draft capital and free agent money used on D the last few years, as well as the acquisition of a generational talent in Mack. Still a 4 loss team that is the best of a bad division.

All truly dominant teams now, score and never stop, we have the reverse philosophy 

Chicago also spent money in UFA and draft capital to surround Trubisky with weapons.  The Bills know they have to do something along those lines.   Let's see how it plays out with much higher expectations in '19 with no excuses for either McDermott or Beane. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Super Bowl winning Coaches don’t usually get anything from Bills fans other then bitterness and anger.  How dare they be better Coaches and actually win.  Let’s be Uncle Chuckleheads and mock an OP who brings a dissenting opinion to a 4-9 year. 

perfect.  absolutely perfect.

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Folks seem to have already forgotten that McDermott was feeling good about using Nate Peterman as his starting QB this year while Josh Allen sat on the sidelines and "learned."

Getting blown out by the Bears, Chargers, Colts, and heart breaking losses by an over the hill veteran in Derek Anderson instead of finding a younger and fresher backup like Barkley doesn’t make me enthusiastic for the nepotism that McBeane has brought from Carolina.  Including sticking with KB while adding Star and Murphy who are rotation guys defensively.  For an elite level defense and mindset has neglected the offensive line completely.  

5 minutes ago, Matty the Dustmop said:

I feel with my hands and see with my eyes and dont think McPegula will Fire McClappy.....

Would be anticipating the Pegula’s to sell both franchises as the Sabres are riding a five game losing streak and profitability margins are completely down.  With third party vendors picking up a majority of the slack and with massive layoffs in the PSE controlled hospitality businesses. You cannot operate at a loss for to long and saleswise someone would be looking at a hostile takeover.   

1 minute ago, Joeziehmer said:

Would be anticipating the Pegula’s to sell both franchises as the Sabres are riding a five game losing streak and profitability margins are completely down.  With third party vendors picking up a majority of the slack and with massive layoffs in the PSE controlled hospitality businesses. You cannot operate at a loss for to long and saleswise someone would be looking at a hostile takeover.   

This is so stupid, it's brilliant

• Haha (+1) 1