Vikings Fire OC John DeFilippo

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Cousins is way overrated. To me he's always been a paper tiger. I've rarely ever seen him play well when it matters or in pivotal parts of games. 

Kirk Cousin Career Stats

Record In Primetime Games: 5-13?

Record vs Winning Teams: 4-24 ?

Record vs Winning Teams This Year: 0-5 ?

Career Road Record: 12-23-2 ?

Career Record On Monday Night Football: 0-7 

Fire John DeFilippo its clearly on him

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Kirk Cousin Career Stats

....yup......and it certainly proves 84 mil guaranteed was the right number IMO..........

47 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Kirk Cousin Career Stats

Wow! That's even worse than I thought. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is actually a guy I would very much like to see brought in as our QB coach.

You really want to make that change when Josh said he feels comfortable with the staff ? The kid is under enough pressure because he's playing with very limited talent...he's going to have a fresh set of flankers to get adapted too for example,that's a big project to deal with alone...he sure doesn't need a coaching change at the very young point in his career.jmho

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was the game against the  Vikings in September and seriously couldn’t believe all the dinking and dunking they were still doing right up to the very end of a game they were clearly losing. The Vikings fans sitting all around me were pissed!

My hunch is that was more Kirk padding those stats than Flip calling short passing plays.

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

The OL is apparently bad.  But Cousins has underwhelmed given the fantastic WR duo and TE he has.  Perhaps the OL makes running impossible, but I'd be upset as a Vikings fan to have so much money tied up in Cousins.  

Booger McFarland would not stop bringing up, "Eighty-fo' million guaranteed, he ain't worf it!" It was like, good gravy man, we get it, the Vikings paid a ton for a dude they believe s their franchise QB. Sounds like the OL issues are a big problem but there have been plenty of instances where I've seen Cousins with time and he just sits back there and then scrambles a bit before throwing it away or getting hit and fumbling. With guys like Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Rudolph, Cook, they should be putting up points but it's just not happening. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think it's necessarily a big setback for DeFilippo........he's well regarded.    

Sean Payton was basically fired as Giants OC by Jim Fassel during the 2002 season and he's done alright.    

I think DeFilippo got a lot of credit for Frank Reich's work. This is his 2nd shot as an OC and he sucked in Cleveland too. Not to say he is finished.... but I would not be rushing to hire him as a Head Coach based on what he has shown at this stage. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think DeFilippo got a lot of credit for Frank Reich's work. This is his 2nd shot as an OC and he sucked in Cleveland too. Not to say he is finished.... but I would not be rushing to hire him as a Head Coach based on what he has shown at this stage. 

...uh oh....our OC was in the same position as Cleveland OC 2009-2010......gotta be the water.............

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Reich got canned from the OC job in San Diego(for poor performance, with a high profile QB at his disposal) and after spending 2 years with a like-minded HC he got his own HC job.

I wouldn't presume DeFilippo won't get hired as a HC this offseason because there are plenty of conservative stiff HC's that will be walking the plank here over the next couple offseasons as the NFL starts to catch up to other sports leagues wrt analytics.   So he will probably get his shot.

4 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

You really want to make that change when Josh said he feels comfortable with the staff ? The kid is under enough pressure because he's playing with very limited talent...he's going to have a fresh set of flankers to get adapted too for example,that's a big project to deal with alone...he sure doesn't need a coaching change at the very young point in his career.jmho

He will have one new WR and possible a TE.  Jones, Foster and Mckenzie are here to stay.

9 hours ago, WMDman said:

Hopefully our next QB coach 

Curious...why?  He just failed with Cousins, a guy who has been productive QB in the NFL and he had a loaded stable of offensive weapons in Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph and solid RB's.  

So why is this guy a guru we need to get in?  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

2017: rushing yardage through 16 games    1,957

2018: rushing yardage through 13 games    1,110

Cousins is a bit like Romo that way.  Not world beaters, but very dangerous when they have a consistent running game.

DeFilippo was a problem.  It's not all Kirk.