Vikings Fire OC John DeFilippo

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....so is it safe to assume the 'let's bring him in" threads start shortly??...............

Followed shortly thereafter by "Fire him!" threads

• Thank you (+1) 1

So much for those young, innovative offensive minds, haha. I think Frank Reich probably had more to do with Wentz' monster season in 2017 given how he's completely revitalized Andrew Luck's career right now. 

Looking at the Vikings scores this season, it seems that when the offense is clicking and putting up points, the defense isn't clicking and they're giving up more points than their offense is scoring. And then if their defense is mostly getting the job done, the offense is non-existent. 

Kirk Cousins is a bit overrated, IMO. He holds the ball too long, takes a lot of sacks and fumbles way too much. Over the past few seasons he's averaged 10 or 11 fumbles per season. And he can be really inconsistent. He'll catch the hot hand and complete something like 10 of his last 12 passes and then he'll follow that up by completing 1 of his last 9 or something.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

So much for those young, innovative offensive minds, haha. I think Frank Reich probably had more to do with Wentz' monster season in 2017 given how he's completely revitalized Andrew Luck's career right now. 

Looking at the Vikings scores this season, it seems that when the offense is clicking and putting up points, the defense isn't clicking and they're giving up more points than their offense is scoring. And then if their defense is mostly getting the job done, the offense is non-existent. 

Kirk Cousins is a bit overrated, IMO. He holds the ball too long, takes a lot of sacks and fumbles way too much. Over the past few seasons he's averaged 10 or 11 fumbles per season. And he can be really inconsistent. He'll catch the hot hand and complete something like 10 of his last 12 passes and then he'll follow that up by completing 1 of his last 9 or something.

Cousins is way overrated. To me he's always been a paper tiger. I've rarely ever seen him play well when it matters or in pivotal parts of games. 

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wow!

This is actually a guy I would very much like to see brought in as our QB coach.

I think OC may be above his skill level right now, but he's the guy that worked with Nick Foles last year and helped him learn to stand in the pocket and make throws instead of his career habit of being flushed out under pressure (or phantom pressure).  Wentz also looked better with this guy coaching him.

I know "bring him in!" is practically a meme here, but this is one where I seriously do feel it could be an upgrade.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Agree on all counts.