Henry Anderson on Pat McAfee show defends his dirty hit on Haushka

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There has to be some accountability for a guy that has no business running a ball against an all pro defense. They are still competitors and they still were trying to sneak a cheap first down...

Curious Where do you stand on Nate Clements vs Brady? 

That was fine. Because it wasn’t an All-Star game.

For all you people upset, you guys do realize the dirtiest play of the day was committed by a Buffalo Bill right?  Dion Dawkins chop block on Jenkins was terrible and could have ended his season or career.  Chop Blocks are nasty plays and major taboo because they have a high risk of serious injury.  A kicker getting hit during return is not nearly as bad as an OL throwing a chop block at a defenders knees.  

I think the hit on Haushka was borderline legal/illegal, I mean he hit him more on the shoulder than the back.  I would agree it was certainly a cheap shot, but no where near the severity of an illegal chop block IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

I get why people think this is “dirty”, I just don’t have a huge problem with it.  If he gave him a concussion by hitting him in the ear hole with his helmet I’d say dirty. This seems more like a fun little shot, nbd. It’s football, you are looking for contact, having an angle is advantageous. 

As far as the “injury” goes, being cold and getting knocked over had more to do with it than the play being particularly dirty did.

There is a flag for that play illegal block in the back(blocked kick was trying to be returned).  So yeah it's illegal and called like so players do not get hurt so I would say the players coaches should be pissed.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This also had a direct outcome on the game......cant tell me House was not hurting after that hit and missed the fg.....or that it didnt affect his kick offs

He gutted through it.....but he was hurt

Kickers are eligible to be hit on the field as much as any player.  Guys get hit like Haushka did every single game.  Cant call a flag just because its a kicker, gotta keep your head on a swivel out there.  I agree it was a cheap shot, but still no where near the severity of the chop block by Dion.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Kickers are eligible to be hit on the field as much as any player.  Guys get hit like Haushka did every single game.  Cant call a flag just because its a kicker, gotta keep your head on a swivel out there.  I agree it was a cheap shot, but still no where near the severity of the chop block by Dion.

That's one heck of a swivel, lol.  Maybe he needs lessons from the master...

tumblr_ncbf1ad1Aa1rxam8fo3_500.gif

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Lol, ok Shorty.  Lets see what happens if you get smoked from behind by a guy 100lbs heavier than you. 

So what are you saying?  There are different rules on the field based on the weight of the player?  LOL...So are defensive lineman not allowed to lay big hits on Darren Sproles?  I mean this is football, kickers are all on the same field and are all subject to getting hit like any other player.  Thats why they try and avoid it, but that doesnt mean you cant hit them.  Its not like they have a red practice jersey on out there.

I agree it was a bit of a cheap shot, as are most hits on a kicker.  But its football, they can tackle as much as get hit.  If they dont want to get hit, they should play soccer.  I didnt like the hit on our kicker either, but at the same time he didnt do anything extreme like lead with the helmet, hit him in the back, etc.  He gave a good shot to his shoulder that was clean in terms of how he made the contact (no helmet to helmet, didn't lead with helmet, etc).  

And in terms of his wife upset some people laughing during the broadcast, there were Bills fans that were laughing and mocking Jenkins as he walked to the locker room after he got chop blocked.

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

That's one heck of a swivel, lol.  Maybe he needs lessons from the master...

tumblr_ncbf1ad1Aa1rxam8fo3_500.gif

Its football.  You are going to take a big hit.  You cant avoid all contact in football lmao.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

I'm over it.  It's a man's game and people get hit hard.  It was completely unnecessary, but it happened and luckily Haush doesn't appear to be seriously injured.  If the guy hit me like that I'd probably have a cracked vertebrae.

I'm more pissed about the little extra business they seemed to give Allen while he was still in the pocket,,,  

I’m not over the cheap shot on Hauschka, but I AM pissed about the beating Allen takes, with and without flags. He’s got a bullseye on him, and only about HALF get called. Can you imagine if Brady got hit like that? Really....just try to imagine that. Not so much the running stuff (obviously), but late in the pocket. Huge fines, maybe even muster up a DQ. Allen, “he’s a big boy, that’s no flag”. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So what are you saying?  There are different rules on the field based on the weight of the player?  LOL...So are defensive lineman not allowed to lay big hits on Darren Sproles?  I mean this is football, kickers are all on the same field and are all subject to getting hit like any other player.  Thats why they try and avoid it, but that doesnt mean you cant hit them.  Its not like they have a red practice jersey on out there.

I agree it was a bit of a cheap shot, as are most hits on a kicker.  But its football, they can tackle as much as get hit.  If they dont want to get hit, they should play soccer.  I didnt like the hit on our kicker either, but at the same time he didnt do anything extreme like lead with the helmet, hit him in the back, etc.  He gave a good shot to his shoulder that was clean in terms of how he made the contact (no helmet to helmet, didn't lead with helmet, etc).  

And in terms of his wife upset some people laughing during the broadcast, there were Bills fans that were laughing and mocking Jenkins as he walked to the locker room after he got chop blocked.

I'm saying that it's a cheap shot, in the back, on a guy that is half his size.  I'm not saying you don't block the kicker, just not like that.  I was a defensive and offensive lineman, I know that chops are dirty, but I also know not to hit a scrawny-arse kicker from behind. 

Just now, Tenhigh said:

I'm saying that it's a cheap shot, in the back, on a guy that is half his size.  I'm not saying you don't block the kicker, just not like that.  I was a defensive and offensive lineman, I know that chops are dirty, but I also know not to hit a scrawny-arse kicker from behind. 

Cheap shot is different than a dirty shot.  Could he have not hit Haushka as hard, sure, but its football and guys are taught all through their careers to hit hard.  The dirty Dion play is a play they are taught not to do and can cause serious injury, even career altering or ending injuries.  

My point is, Bills fans don't really have a right to be so upset here given we were by far the more severe offender Sunday.  Its football, guys are gonna git hit, and kickers have been known to take some big hits over the years when they get out in the middle and lose track of where they are.  Its why kickers usually stay behind away from the blockers as more of a last line of defense kind of thing to avoid taking hits as much as possible.  Every now and then they wander into a danger zone and often pay the price.  

Chop blocks have no place in the sport, and honestly, they are so severe that I believe that repeat offenders warrant suspension.  

2 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

Dude should get fined for that if the NFL is serious about injuries and their lipservice!  

Alternate Headline:  

Journeyman backup DT weighing over 300 lbs. cheap-shots 200-lb. 33 year-old K after play is effectively over to prove what a tough-guy he is and to bolster his "highlight" reel.  

Apparently he's out to prove something after flopping as a day-2 pick several years ago.  

Sounds like a prime candidate for beating his wife and dog too.  A real piece of work.  

Stanford’s finest...

9 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

There is a term for it:  unnecessary roughness, and it’s a 15-yard penalty.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cheap shot is different than a dirty shot.  Could he have not hit Haushka as hard, sure, but its football and guys are taught all through their careers to hit hard.  The dirty Dion play is a play they are taught not to do and can cause serious injury, even career altering or ending injuries.  

My point is, Bills fans don't really have a right to be so upset here given we were by far the more severe offender Sunday.  Its football, guys are gonna git hit, and kickers have been known to take some big hits over the years when they get out in the middle and lose track of where they are.  Its why kickers usually stay behind away from the blockers as more of a last line of defense kind of thing to avoid taking hits as much as possible.  Every now and then they wander into a danger zone and often pay the price.  

Chop blocks have no place in the sport, and honestly, they are so severe that I believe that repeat offenders warrant suspension.  

LOL, I like you Alpha, but on this you're nuts.  Chop blocks, like blocks in the back, is a dirty play.  Not sure why you are trying to argue the difference, both were uncool.  And at least you can see a chop block coming.  From behind you're defenseless. 

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said it was legal because it was technically from the side instead of the back and he could have still made the tackle on the blocked kick return and had tried to do so earlier, and that it looked worse than it was because he’s 100 lbs heavier than him. 

He absolutely hit him in the back.  

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Dude should have been ejected, received a fine, and suspended for the next game of two.  This kind of BS has no place in football IMHO.

This is the sort of reaction I’m seeing in this thread that I don’t agree with. 

The penalty fit the “crime”. I don’t see how this action was beyond the pale and deserves special attention. 

Was it uneccesary? Sure

was it vicious? Not in the context of football.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Shortchaz, DC Tom will be by shortly to tell you what you are.

I have no idea what this means.

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

What a bunch of ***** idiots.  Actually celebrating an injury on a cheap, dirty hit from behind.  Takes all kinds, I guess.  No apology at all from Anderson.  Let's hope the NFL comes down hard on his white trailer-trash ass.

What would you have said if he was black?