Henry Anderson on Pat McAfee show defends his dirty hit on Haushka

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Looking at it from the other side, maybe it was the Jets who were retaliating against Dawkins' really dirty play on the first play of the game?

No because they already took care of that with hitting Micah Hyde 5 yards out of bounds on his punt return.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be totally off the wall, but our OL blocking scheme has relied extensively on cut blocks and timing this year (which they can't execute worth crap, leading to our guys sprawling around on the ground while defenders hurdle them unabated to the ball carrier, but that's another story)

Given that background, I personally think Dawkins was attempting what should have been a timed cut block after Miller moved on, except Miller didn't successfully move on in time, thus what should have been a legal cut became an illegal chop.

I'm 100% with you. I'm a high school o,line coach. I have sat in clinics with pro and colleges coaches and this is exactly the technique that is taught on zone plays. It isn't an illegal play if the guard stops blocking the guy. The guard screwed up there. People who continue to call the Dawkins play dirty need to study up on zone blocking schemes. Like you said, it is all about timing. 

Anderson's hit on the kicker is dirty as is guys smashing Josh Allen. If the refs let you get away with it, so be it. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Clearly you missed the brawl a few weeks ago that completely changed the game

The brawl was first time I have seen a Bills player (Lawson) stand up and show some fire for his team in a very long time. If you really care, check out my posts on Lawson about it right after the Jags game.  I mentioned that it was like a hockey brawl back in the 80s.  You clearly missed my point  which is that all too often the Bills have no reaction to dirty hits by their opponents. What Lawson did was notable because it was so rare.  Its exactly that kind of fire and support that the Bills should be showing regularly throughout the season!

14 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Yeah, it takes a real man to take out the kicker. Even if it was retaliation for Dawkins. 

Yep, but Odd target for retaliation.  I’m sure Dawkins and Anderson were on the field together at some point. 

Maybe he’s just mad at the world because that laryngeal fracture last year ruined his social life? ?‍♂️

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yep, but Odd target for retaliation.  I’m sure Dawkins and Anderson were on the field together at some point. 

Maybe he’s just mad at the world because that laryngeal fracture last year ruined his social life? ?‍♂️

And because Cordarrelle Patterson grabbed his junk last week 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Look if a punter decides to run the football it’s a different story.

He was carrying the football.

Hit was clean even by today’s rules shoulder into chest.

I think this one was a bunch worse. 

It was an exhibition All Star match. I disagree.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I see your point, but still if you watch the clip, his lack of field vision was his undoing.

Should have seen him closing 15 yards away. 

He was upright trying to juke for a first down. 

It was an All Star game.

If Peyton Manning tried running for a first down in the Pro Bowl and got hit like that, there would be a Senate Committee.

31 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

No because they already took care of that with hitting Micah Hyde 5 yards out of bounds on his punt return.

The game was all around chippy and pretty crappy to watch out of teams playing a meaningless game for me.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Blowing up someone half your size from behind who’s not looking isn’t gritty or tough. Its bush league stuff. it was a cheap shot.  

Total kitty move... 

2 hours ago, Greatdane21 said:

Once the league reviews the tape on this Anderson’s wallet will be considerably lighter!

I hope so.  And a suspension.   As another poster mentioned, you can't have teams taking out other teams kickers.  Can be a game-dependent move.  Need to protect the kicker from blindside hits. 

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

It was an All Star game.

If Peyton Manning tried running for a first down in the Pro Bowl and got hit like that, there would be a Senate Committee.

There has to be some accountability for a guy that has no business running a ball against an all pro defense. They are still competitors and they still were trying to sneak a cheap first down...

Curious Where do you stand on Nate Clements vs Brady? 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I hope so.  And a suspension.   As another poster mentioned, you can't have teams taking out other teams kickers.  Can be a game-dependent move.  Need to protect the kicker from blindside hits. 

This also had a direct outcome on the game......cant tell me House was not hurting after that hit and missed the fg.....or that it didnt affect his kick offs

He gutted through it.....but he was hurt

• Like (+1) 1

Dude should get fined for that if the NFL is serious about injuries and their lipservice!  

Alternate Headline:  

Journeyman backup DT weighing over 300 lbs. cheap-shots 200-lb. 33 year-old K after play is effectively over to prove what a tough-guy he is and to bolster his "highlight" reel.  

Apparently he's out to prove something after flopping as a day-2 pick several years ago.  

Sounds like a prime candidate for beating his wife and dog too.  A real piece of work.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

The bills should have come to the placekicker defense. Somebody on the bills should have shown some toughness and go after that idiot from the jets.

Our players need to learn the flag isn't coming, we get hit with so many ticky-tack or fathom calls that we might as well start fighting the other team and taking cheap shots. ***** them, we're not above that. It worked against Jax, what was the convo that got caught on the mic:

Ref to McDermott: "You need to control your players"

McDermott to Ref: "You need to call it both ways"

Ref walked away with his tail in between his legs and we started getting some calls. It's not the refs fault, they are just doing what their bosses tell them to do & the league doesn't respect us because our fan base will always support the team, so we will never get the benefit of a call going our way. 

I get why people think this is “dirty”, I just don’t have a huge problem with it.  If he gave him a concussion by hitting him in the ear hole with his helmet I’d say dirty. This seems more like a fun little shot, nbd. It’s football, you are looking for contact, having an angle is advantageous. 

As far as the “injury” goes, being cold and getting knocked over had more to do with it than the play being particularly dirty did.

Edited by Shortchaz

9 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I get why people think this is “dirty”, I just don’t have a huge problem with it.  If he gave him a concussion by hitting him in the ear hole with his helmet I’d say dirty. This seems more like a fun little shot, nbd. It’s football, you are looking for contact, having an angle is advantageous. 

As far as the “injury” goes, being cold and getting knocked over had more to do with it than the play being particularly dirty did.

Lol, ok Shorty.  Lets see what happens if you get smoked from behind by a guy 100lbs heavier than you. 

9 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Lol, ok Shorty.  Lets see what happens if you get smoked from behind by a guy 100lbs heavier than you. 

Lol, “smoked” ?

I’d argue that, using simple physics, a person moving in one direction getting hit on the side is likely to fall over. That doesn’t mean the hit was especially vicious, or that the guy was “smoked”