Henry Anderson on Pat McAfee show defends his dirty hit on Haushka

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Looking at it from the other side, maybe it was the Jets who were retaliating against Dawkins' really dirty play on the first play of the game?

I could be totally off the wall, but our OL blocking scheme has relied extensively on cut blocks and timing this year (which they can't execute worth crap, leading to our guys sprawling around on the ground while defenders hurdle them unabated to the ball carrier, but that's another story)

Given that background, I personally think Dawkins was attempting what should have been a timed cut block after Miller moved on, except Miller didn't successfully move on in time, thus what should have been a legal cut became an illegal chop.

I wouldn't think that except for all the cutting I've seen in the scheme all season.

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hope you enjoy your fine douche bag. 

He should be fined, but the league hasn't said as far as I know

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be totally off the wall, but our OL blocking scheme has relied extensively on cut blocks and timing this year (which they can't execute worth crap, leading to our guys sprawling around on the ground while defenders hurdle them unabated to the ball carrier, but that's another story)

Given that background, I personally think Dawkins was attempting what should have been a timed cut block after Miller moved on, except Miller didn't successfully move on in time, thus what should have been a legal cut became an illegal chop.

I wouldn't think that except for all the cutting I've seen in the scheme all season.

He should be fined, but the league hasn't said as far as I know

Teller is our LG, just for clarification sake, agree with the rest of the post

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Looking at it from the other side, maybe it was the Jets who were retaliating against Dawkins' really dirty play on the first play of the game?

Then go after Dawkins. Not a guy half your size!

I just reread my post. I hope you don't think I was yelling at you. Kind of looks like I was. Sorry about that. 

Edited by westside
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

other side? sure, retaliate against the 300 pound lineman not a defenseless kicker practically half your size. shows this anderson punk has no balls and is nothing but a scumbag.

so your post there dave is pretty bogus to say the least.

I'm over it.  It's a man's game and people get hit hard.  It was completely unnecessary, but it happened and luckily Haush doesn't appear to be seriously injured.  If the guy hit me like that I'd probably have a cracked vertebrae.

I'm more pissed about the little extra business they seemed to give Allen while he was still in the pocket,,,  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

other side? sure, retaliate against the 300 pound lineman not a defenseless kicker practically half your size. shows this anderson punk has no balls and is nothing but a scumbag.

As was mentioned yesterday, SH made some diving soccer attempted tackle on a kick returner. That and Dawkins hit probably had the Jets a bit upset. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Dude, I'm not justifying it! It is the case, however, that the D-lineman who was cut stated that he wanted to kill Dawkins. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume the Jets decided to retaliate in some way if the opportunity presented itself. The fact that they did it is therefore understandable even if unjustified. 

I also don't agree with Hapless. There was bad blood going into this game, and that looked like a straight-up, deliberate cheap shot by Dawkins to me. Even if it wasn't, it could easily be interpreted as such by the opponent. 

Bottom line for the Bills: avoid cheap shots. 

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Who's Pat McAfee ? 

Former Colts punter who played like.. 2 years ago. Made a pro bowl or 3. Super funny dude that runs a popular podcast now. Does standup comedy as well.

I like him.. Idk if he's throwing shade at Hauschka here. But he had his fair share of decking punt returners in his day. Pretty fun highlights. He ran that hilarious trick punt play the Colts had with just him and the center against like 4 confused Pats defenders that broke up the play immediately with the rest of the Colts split in an illegal formation out wide.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

13 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

As was mentioned yesterday, SH made some diving soccer attempted tackle on a kick returner. That and Dawkins hit probably had the Jets a bit upset. 

He pulled up. It's really not that hard for SH if he's any good of a soccer player to slide tackle him right there and do some damage. Made some instinctual inter-sport slip up and clearly pulled up as he started his motion.

I can see where a football player wouldn't recognize that I guess.. but you see soccer players attempt a slide tackle and pull their weight backwards when they realize they mistimed the tackle or something and don't want to make contact. Happens all the time.

I'd hope it's more the Dawkins hit, SH looked completely harmless there.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

This hit was dirty and unnecessary.

Unrelated note: I will never understand the love for Sean Taylor either, him trying to take Moorman’s head off in a glorified scrimmage was a borderline disgusting play. It’s a ***** All-Star game. Dirty player.

Its a little like Warren Sapp's dirty blind side hit on Clifton of the Packers in 02. But this one is much worse as Anderson outweighs Hausch by about 100lbs!

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I'm shocked that no one on Buffalo's OL attempted to retaliate for that cheap shot. Perhaps a chop block or something to tell Anderson his play was not going to be tolerated.  That said, what's the cost to a team for injuring their opponents kicker? From a cost benefit perspective, a 15 yard roughing penalty and losing a starting DL for the game is worth less than injuring a kicker to the point they can't convert XPs or FGs.  With games won or lost more frequently on FGs, it's going to happen whether coaches admit it or not.   

This is a more serious violation than the Legion of Boom a few years ago committing PI or holding penalties on most plays because they all couldn't get called.  The competition committee needs to review when this occurs and how to officials respond when kickers/punters are targets and not involved in the play.  

I agree.   I hope coach addresses this.   All you have to look at is Aaron Rodgers getting hit while sliding last week to see how a team should take care of their own.  No fights or excessive penalties but someone better be in their face.  Not turning to the refs and begging for a flag.  

4 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

I agree.   I hope coach addresses this.   All you have to look at is Aaron Rodgers getting hit while sliding last week to see how a team should take care of their own.  No fights or excessive penalties but someone better be in their face.  Not turning to the refs and begging for a flag.  

Exactly, The Bills of recent years have been way too wimpy about backing up their own players. Jarvis Landry on Aaron Williams went completely unpunished, then Landry repeats the same dirtiness in the exhibition season this year vs the Bills and once again no retaliation.  This whole year opposing players have been taking liberties against Allen and now Huasch and the Bills players either are too dense to notice, too scared or don't care.  Hausch may have missed that long FG anyway, but he was sure as hell going to miss it with bruised or broken bone in his back!

36 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

This hit was dirty and unnecessary.

Unrelated note: I will never understand the love for Sean Taylor either, him trying to take Moorman’s head off in a glorified scrimmage was a borderline disgusting play. It’s a ***** All-Star game. Dirty player.

Look if a punter decides to run the football it’s a different story.

He was carrying the football.

Hit was clean even by today’s rules shoulder into chest.

I think this one was a bunch worse. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That was cheap and total BS. But let's not forget Dion Dawkins started the game off with a chop block that was just as bad. Two wrongs don't make a right. But keep in mind, we also played dirty.

Chop block wasn’t always illegal. Not nearly as bad a move as a blindside hit on a kicker sorry. 

21 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Exactly, The Bills of recent years have been way too wimpy about backing up their own players. Jarvis Landry on Aaron Williams went completely unpunished, then Landry repeats the same dirtiness in the exhibition season this year vs the Bills and once again no retaliation.  This whole year opposing players have been taking liberties against Allen and now Huasch and the Bills players either are too dense to notice, too scared or don't care.  Hausch may have missed that long FG anyway, but he was sure as hell going to miss it with bruised or broken bone in his back!

Clearly you missed the brawl a few weeks ago that completely changed the game

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Blowing up someone half your size from behind who’s not looking isn’t gritty or tough. Its bush league stuff. it was a cheap shot.  

Total kitty move... 

Yeah, it takes a real man to take out the kicker. Even if it was retaliation for Dawkins.